How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-03-2006
windowshopping

As a Lady, What Do You Think of a Guy or BF Having More Shoes Than You?? (SERIOUSLY)
Hi all,

This is inspired by the "How Many Shoes Do You Have?" thread, but I've always been wondering about it anyways.

I know what most guys think about other guys that have a lot of shoes and/or that are style+appearance conscious....they're "metro" or even <insert derogatory term>. I realize that a lot of ladies even feel the same way too, but I'm just curious to hear if that's still the general consensus opinion.

It seems to me that a lot more guys (straight ones) are getting more consious about how they put themselves together, maintain their appearance/body/health, etc. I mean, I don't think it's just me that notices the increasing amount of commericals/ads and products for.........lotions that reduce dark under-eye circles/puffiness, hair products, body sprays/colognes, etc.

But, back on topic, I have been into shoes forever and have......err, way more than I probably should. All of the girls I've previously dated thought it was pretty much nuts. (I think they're just jealous) But, seriously, is it THAT bad?? I've always done/liked what interest ME and will continue to do so, but, as mentioned, just curious what people are thinking out there.

Signed,

Waaaaay too many shoes but only TWO feet

Last edited by Trustd1; 27-03-2006 at 09:41 PM.

27-03-2006
backstage pass

If a guy can afford to have great taste in clothing, he's probably a great shopping buddy (and hopefully generous with his partners!). I love talking fashion with men. I don't know much about men's clothing, but I love to get a sense of what the guys think of women's trends. They usually have very good fashion sense- no men I talked to liked Uggs.

28-03-2006
windowshopping

hmm, i guess this wasn't such a good idea or maybe wrong section?? lol

but, uchina, i do shop w/my gf's and girl friends on occasion, but I usually let them do their thing while I do mine.......just easier that way.

i do pride myself on having a good eye for what looks good on guys and girls tho. I've always been a fan of style and design, whether it be cars, clothes+shoes, etc. I'm not necessarily a style+brand whore exclusively, but, IMO, if you're gonna be in something, whatever it is, it might as well look good, right??

sometimes, i wish i wasn't so into this stuff, but i guess I'm just the product of my environment.......used to get dragged around by my Mom on her close down the malls+stores sessions while I was a kid and have racked up even more shopping mileage all over w/some of my clothes-fiend ex's.

btw, you're right about UGG's not being a good look to most guys. most of my friends call em "FUGG's", and personally, whenever I see girls in em, it reminds me of.......

Last edited by Trustd1; 28-03-2006 at 12:17 AM.
28-03-2006
Storm &amp;amp;amp; Sommer

^ please credit your lovely horsy picture

I think I'd only have a problem with a man with too many shoes if they ended up taking over his home.. so there literally would be more 'shoe' than home to see..

28-03-2006
V.I.P.

I know guys who collect trainers/sneakers as a hobby - like limited editions of Converse, Nike, Adidas etc.... they EASILY have more shoes than I do but they don't wear them or anything - just keep them in plastic boxes piling up against their wall - it's kind of cool but kinda freaky at the same time....

My blog - Style Bubble - http://stylebubble.typepad.com/style_bubble/
28-03-2006
windowshopping

im okay with that. As long as he dont brag about it to everybody or try to show them off all the time.

Nothing wrong with a guy who likes shoes.

28-03-2006
arndom

Don't think. Buy more shoes:-)

28-03-2006
V.I.P.

id be fine with it as long as he bought mt loads fo shoes as well .. or didnt hogg all the closet space

28-03-2006
fashion icon

Hmmm..... They must really like shoes ?? Yes. Or collect them . Doesn't bother me..... I like nqth's reply .

backstage pass

It's bad form for a fellow to own more pairs of shoes than his girlfriend.

If a gentleman discovers this is the case, his best recourse is to rush out to the nearest Louboutin, Manolo Blahnik, Prada, etc. stores and purchase as many pairs for his lady as needed to rectify the embarassing imbalance.

Any man who fails to do so should be labeled a cad and tossed to the curb.

28-03-2006
penniless sitar player

28-03-2006
trendsetter

I don't think I would have problem with it. I mean I don't see the point why it should be a problem. Of course if we were moving in, it could be a problem but other than that, why not!? Though it would kinda surprise me because all the guys I've dated really weren't into fashion or buying lots of shoes or something. I'm not a shoe freak either so a guy can really easily have more shoes than me. To be honest, I'm used to that because for me It's really hard to find a nice pair of shoes. There's always something missing, don't ask me why. It really takes me ages to find the right pair. I really wouldn't have a problem with it as long as it doesn't take him so much time to find a pair of shoes as me. Reallythat would freak me out because I know how horrible shoe shopping with me can be.

Love wild and dangerous
28-03-2006
no photos, no photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by castorpollux
and I was just thinking, "where's castor......."

rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by purechris
and I was just thinking, "where's castor......."
haha I was wondering the same thing! I get called out by the girls I know and I only have.. eight pairs! To me this seems perfectly natural, as I obviously need a few colors of sneakers and a few colors/styles of dress shoes. Evidently most guys are content with just one pair of sneakers and a pair of formals.

28-03-2006
follow the lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie_bubble
I know guys who collect trainers/sneakers as a hobby - like limited editions of Converse, Nike, Adidas etc.... they EASILY have more shoes than I do but they don't wear them or anything - just keep them in plastic boxes piling up against their wall - it's kind of cool but kinda freaky at the same time....
guilty...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bf, guy, lady, shoes