How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-04-2006
tfs star

omg you are so lucky.

11-04-2006
trendsetter

^^sell them to a friend of yours or something!!!!! &keep the money..... kidding.. or maybe not!!!

11-04-2006
front row

EVERY shop on the UK highstreet has Louboutin bruges knock-offs now. Did Oxford St today and even though they look RIDICULOUS on me -I don't know why, perhaps it's because I'm very small, or because I can't walk in heels like that, but I look like I've fixed boats onto my feet -I still had fun looking at the different interpretations. Just off the top of my head -

Aldo - round-toe pumps, wooden heel/platform in white, red, blue and black patent. I saw peep-toe pumps with both a closed back and slingback in those colours, plus a tan patent as well. All 60.

Topshop has more almond-shaped courts with a wooden heel and platform -they come in matt black and white leather and were 60.

Office have some -matt leather, in black, white and a gorgeous mustard, dark wood platform. VERY clumpy. 60.

Ravel had peep-toe patent pumps with a woven platform (espadrille-type material), which, although different, looked rather stupid. I think they had them in black, white and red.

Zara had covered peep-toe platforms in tan.

Saw white peep-toe patent heels in Dolcis, with a wooden heel/platform, and black ones with a covered platform for about 50.

And I know I've missed out quite a few...

Everyone's copying Louboutin at the moment (which, since I'm on a student budget, is no bad thing)...

Bertie had some which reminded me of the Gwenissima (I think -the one from the Mouret show) -platform, pointy toe (a 'short' pointy, not a 'long' one, if you know what I mean), slingback, covered platform. Came in black and grey leather and were v. nice -would have tried them on but knew I would never be able to walk in them.

Nine West's version of the Mumbai is absolutely spot on (I saw it in black, white and red patent) but I really couldn't justify spending 60 on one pair of flats. The flat peep-toe look is cropping up quite a bit (Dorothy Perkins had some in and embroidered raffia type thing for 25, and used to have them in gold and red snake-print) -I bought a pair of gold slingback peep toe flats from Zara for 35 and black patent peeptoes with a 1cm wedge from Dolcis (not as nice as the Louboutins, or even the Nine Wests, but 25).

One day I will be able to afford the real thing...

12-04-2006
V.I.P.

I just ordered the black Barb from Zappos.com. If you guys are interested you better hurry. They only have one left in the 5 1/2 I got so Im sure all other sizes are limited too. By the way they only have black & platinum. Im not even sure why I ordered because Im almost positive they will be to big but Zappos is the best with returns & its free so I dont lose for trying. Also Ill at least get to see what her shoes are like so if I like them I can maybe get the Amy. I always have much better luck with slingbacks.
Anyways... just thought Id let you guys know Zappos has them now!

12-04-2006
windowshopping

Zappos are sold out AGAIN! Im so disapointed...

12-04-2006
tfs star

tiffany: thanks so much for letting us know. i snagged a couple pairs.

14-04-2006
rising star

oooh I'm soooooo happy!

I finally managed to order a pair from Topshop. I've seen some of the knock-offs, but I dont like peep-toes and most of them just dont look right. I've been trying to track down a pair in Topshop since february, and just managed to get some today. I'm giddy with excitement!!

14-04-2006
V.I.P.

I got my black JS Barb today! I thought it would be really big but its actually not bad... a tiny bit big but not big enough to cause a problem since you dont really lift your foot that high when walking in them. Im so happy because I really love the shoe & never thought I could get the Barb. Also they are super comfy which surprised me too! I still kind of want the red Amy but may wait awhile now.

Last edited by Tiffany7; 14-04-2006 at 03:46 PM.
14-04-2006
still here

I got my black patent lalu's today (after nearly a month of waiting for nordstrom.com to ship them...), and they're too small I wear a 7 or a 7.5, and usually the smaller one when it's a peep toe, so I ordered the 7, but I really could barely even get my foot in them to try them on. I have no idea if even the 7.5 will be big enough! They struck me as really narrow, although I don't have narrow feet at all.

But otherwise, I love them, I hope I can exchange them. The only thing is I find them a little poorly made for a $125 shoe.

14-04-2006
still here

one more note, they smell delightful! I can smell them from across the room

14-04-2006
just because I'm losing

katebug- Your Topshop ones look great. My sister has the same pair!

I recieved the Office ones for my birthday yesterday. I really like them.
I could post some pictures of them if anyone would like to see what they are like?

still here

^we always like pictures, of any kind!

14-04-2006
Adorable illusion

Pictures would be great

16-04-2006
windowshopping

Target's version.

16-04-2006
Adorable illusion

^ I dont like them at all

Previous Thread | Next Thread »