How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-06-2006
scenester

I'm sorry, those shoes^^ (the Charles Alberts) are hideous. Sure, they're (faux) cork and (PVC) patent, but simply cork and patent does not = Bruges. Sure, they may be cheap, but the proportions are so off! The platform is way too thin at the tip of the shoe, and extends too far past the ball of the foot towards the arch, the vamp is waaay too high, the heel is too thick.
Sorry, I just had to rant there...it's just so obvious that they're just trying to make money off this Bruges trend, but they didn't care enough to do a half-decent knock off. If you really want shoes that are replicas of the Bruges, invest in some Jessica Simpsons, or better yet, a pair of Oh Deer Garbos.
I apologize if I offended anyone here who may have bought the Charles Alberts.

19-06-2006
rising star

libby bee i wana order the suede lemore's from Steve madden but i live in the UK. do thier shoes run tts?

20-06-2006
windowshopping

Sorry, to be off topic and maybe this should be in a different thread, but does anyone know where Steve Madden Maritime espadrilles in black are available? Also, I live in Canada so maybe somewhere that I can buy from would be great too?

21-06-2006
backstage pass

^Have you tried the Steve Madden website? Not sure if they ship to Canada or not.

21-06-2006
backstage pass

yeah SM ships to canada
it will just cost a lot in duties, shipping, taxes, about 190$

21-06-2006
backstage pass

New JS Barbs, no cork on these ones

nordstrom.com

21-06-2006
V.I.P.

^they're like these MK wears

posted by rachyroo in olsen thread from trenchcoatwins forum

fashion elite

IMO, Madden and Bebe do the best impressions of CLs. The others dont have the same shape and tend to look way chunky.

fashion elite

I agree with most of you, the red sole is way too much.

Empire State of Mind

I still like my Oh Deer Marilyns even with the red sole. And I don't think they are too chunky although I have never seen the CLs irl to compare. They look like the JS Barbs.

22-06-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velony
I still like my Oh Deer Marilyns even with the red sole. And I don't think they are too chunky although I have never seen the CLs irl to compare. They look like the JS Barbs.
I own the Oh Deer Garbos & love them as well. I don't think they look too much like the JS Barb though, I've tried on both & the the Bard isn't as narrow especially at the tip. I still love 'em just the same!

22-06-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspen
^Have you tried the Steve Madden website? Not sure if they ship to Canada or not.
Ya, I've gone to the Steve madden website but they're sold out of black in size 7. It's kinda hard cuz we don't have Steve madden stores in Vancouver or any other dept. store that sells them.

23-06-2006
front row

I see in the Christina A. thread that picture of her and Vanessa Minnillo, Vanessa is wearing the Steve Madden Glamors. They don't have the red sole so that's what gave it away for me.

They look really good! I have to start saving!

26-06-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerTofu
Maybe there should be a thread for other CL knockoffs, not just the Bruges. I thought I'd show side-by-side the Rope Yoyo knockoffs for comparison's sake.
+Good knockoff - that has been mentioned here several times (my beloved Jeffrey Campbell 8280s): (pic:shoes.com)
which are fabulous and sexy and compliment-getters and kinda comfy for 4-inchers, but...

++Better knockoff -- the Bebe Katie, which I think is now only available on eBay:
(pic:eBay)
It's almost identical to the Rope Yoyos, being that they are 5" (which to me, sadly, is unrealistic. I like to be able to actually walk in my gorgeous shoes without looking like a fool) and avail. in patent. But if you can do 5" and are willing to pay $200, these are the ones for you!

I just wanted to tell anyone who might be interested in the bebe Katie shoe, but think the only option is overprice ebay auctions that there IS another option. Just call the bebe customer service 800 number, and ask about avails. in your size and the color you want. Then they will give you the phone number(s) of stores that have them. It might be a lot of calling, but they will ship them to you, and really the cost + shipping is cheaper than the outrageous ebay starting prices.

29-06-2006
backstage pass

^^^ Thanks for the info!!! Do you know if they ship to Canada? The stores down here are way too overprice even if you convert it to canadian plus taxes...way too much...anywhoo...I found this pair of Betsey Johsnon on zappos.com and I think it's gorgeous!!! Love it...Again, too bad for me they don't ship to Canada...

zappos.com

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
knockoffs, louboutin