How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-10-2007
V.I.P.

latest update:
CL rep told me they made madden take down the initial photoshopped shoeboot for RM's line after someone had informed them of it!
i told them to keep checking maddens site for further terrible knockoffs!

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco

10-10-2007
V.I.P.

Not sure from the last few posts if this is a topic looking for knock offs or to complain about them.
Im sorry if this isnt the topic for this but I was just wondering if anyone has done a look a like of the studded ankle boots yet?

10-10-2007
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyRose View Post
Another set from Steve Madden... This Louboutin original was made for Rodarte's SS07 show.
Very tempting, but don't order yet, b/c this appears to be another photoshopped job:

picture source: SteveMadden.com
Yeah, those are the same ones I posted a while back. The pic is from the Barneys website. I emailed Barneys but who knows if anyone got it 'cause the pic is still up. I also emailed NM (and got a reply) but SM hasn't taken down that pic yet either.

10-10-2007
rising star

aparently our nice little thread got hijacked by anti-replica nazis.

10-10-2007
V.I.P.

just to clarify my view on this.
have personally nothing against people buying knock offs but was referring to the actual photoshop issue regarding one specific style that CL did exclusive for netaporter.for those not in the know, it is in this thread. the actual real CL was taken and only the colours were intitially changed and stuck onto the madden website.
i think calling people "nazis" is too string a word to be used!!
i happen to work with CL the company and am therefore not to keen on blatant issues like the above mentioned

am sure you understand

10-10-2007
rising star

ok that word was harsh. However, this used to be an active thread for us to share look a like infoand as of late i feel that people are afraid to even post on it bcs of all the reporting being done on sites that we are actually a fan of. I would not come here and say hey so and so has a great copy of CL's blah blah for fear that they would too be reported. Just my .02 cents.

10-10-2007
scenester

wow I didn't know Steve Madden did that...maybe he's missing some brain cells because obviously people would find out...especially because people see the CLs and then go to his site and it's identical, and no way is the lighting and everything going to be the same.

V.I.P.

its not in my interest to report ANYONE.

11-10-2007
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by puggysgirl View Post
ok that word was harsh. However, this used to be an active thread for us to share look a like infoand as of late i feel that people are afraid to even post on it bcs of all the reporting being done on sites that we are actually a fan of. I would not come here and say hey so and so has a great copy of CL's blah blah for fear that they would too be reported. Just my .02 cents.
Hey, I don't have any problem with copies at all. In fact, I'm wearing my Steve Madden Miss Boxe (wedge pump) knock-offs as I'm typing this and they're awesome shoes. I do have a problem with Steve Madden stealing photos of real Louboutins from other retailers, photoshopping out the red sole, and then taking pre-orders as if those photos represented the actual shoes Steve Madden is selling. That's fraudulent.

I think the traffic on the thread has died off because there are so many Louboutin knock-offs out there. The "Louboutin style" has become a dominent shoe style and you see copies everywhere so they're not particularly remarkable. I'm still interested in seeing good copies tho'; this isn't the Hermes thread.

11-10-2007
catch me if you can

Everyone, please feel free to post your copies, we all would be interested in seeing them! You will not be attacked, that is just rediculous. I for one like to see how far some companies go to create the perfect CL knockoff, like Oh Deer! Shoes does.

V.I.P.

Still looking for a look a like of the ankle studded boot. If anyone finds one please post.

12-10-2007
windowshopping

Louboutin Sarah B v Nine West 'Marila'
These are some Louboutin Sarah B knockoffs from Nine West. I bought the Nine West 'Marila' shoe online without knowing they were knockoffs, but I love them. They have a slight wedge heel that I actually prefer to the Louboutin heel.

Dare I say they are "inspired by" rather than copied? Both come in black and a great emerald green, while the Louboutins also come in leopard and mustard yellow.

Original Louboutins about $700
Nine West about $90

(sorry if this has been posted before! both pairs are pretty old I think)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CL.jpg (11.6 KB, 588 views)
File Type: jpg NW.jpg (25.3 KB, 2 views)

catch me if you can

Good eye jaized. I have never seen a k/o of the Sarah B.

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysara495 View Post
wow I didn't know Steve Madden did that...maybe he's missing some brain cells because obviously people would find out...especially because people see the CLs and then go to his site and it's identical, and no way is the lighting and everything going to be the same.

Well he is in jail...

16-10-2007
fashion elite

Open up any issue of the Victoria's Secret catalogue and you'll conspicuously view Louboutin knock-offs.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
knockoffs, louboutin