How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-03-2004
V.I.P.

I just bought these mocassins for spring. They have a soft sole.. I was really set on wearing them out , but I'm afraid they'll get nasty and fall apart! A search on Google found me one review from Zappos.com where a woman said she has worn them in all weather without a problem.

Any comments? Experiences?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tfs.jpg (8.9 KB, 23 views)

13-03-2004
V.I.P.

The sole...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sole.jpg (13.9 KB, 23 views)

13-03-2004
V.I.P.

Why not ask Minnetonka Moccasins if they are made for wearing out of doors?

flaunt the imperfection..

i had those exact moccassins when i was in high school...i wore them all the time...yes, they will eventually wear out and i wouldn't recommend wearing them in any kind of wet weather or long walks outdoors, but i wore them to school ALL the time and had no problem...they are the comfiest things...you'll love 'em...i also wore REAL ballet slippers all the time back then...same thing...enjoy!

13-03-2004
V.I.P.

i wore them on my first day in 6th grade in secondary school.. along with my ugliest outfit ever. a denim shirt and long skirt... wetsern style

i would wear them as slippers now if i had to

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
13-03-2004
Procrastinator.

I have the short soft-soled concha boots. I only recommend wearing them outside for short periods of time or when you won't be walking alot and only on dry days...and you definitely will still want to watch where you step! You won't want to wear them outside extensively anyway, since you can feel everything you step on (rocks, for example) through the thin sole (there is a little bit of insole padding, about the thickness of a Dr. Scholls insert). And obviously they get dirty easily so avoid walking across dirt, sand, dust, etc. All these tips apply to indoors as well as out.

They make 'em with hard soles, but I think those look kind of...like, nurse shoes or eldery people's "comfort walkers" or something. The hard sole ruins the slim profile of the moccasins.

http://www.shopstyle.com/users/hboogie
13-03-2004
Adorable illusion

Im not feeling those shoes...but the soles look really soft so im guessing they will definitely wear out at the bottom.

14-03-2004
front row

Quote:
Originally posted by leyla m.@Mar 13th, 2004 - 2:49 pm
i wore them on my first day in 6th grade in secondary school.. along with my ugliest outfit ever. a denim shirt and long skirt... wetsern style

I wore these when I was younger too. I had a brown pair, a white pair, and of course, a pink pair!

I know these are sort of coming in style, but I am not too fond of them now. Especially when my mom use to make me wear them

18-03-2004
fashion elite

If I were you I would take them to a shoe guy and have them put on a very slim,flat rubber sole. Then you won't have to worry.

front row

Quote:
Originally posted by MJCouture@Mar 18th, 2004 - 9:39 pm
If I were you I would take them to a shoe guy and have them put on a very slim,flat rubber sole. Then you won't have to worry.
Good idea!
I wouldn't recommend wearing soft soled suede outdoors... either get something with a sole or get a sole put on the ones you've got.

19-03-2004
trendsetter

I really wanna get them!! I'm just really paranoid about getting shoes online.

19-03-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by MJCouture@Mar 18th, 2004 - 9:39 pm
That's an awesome idea!! Although I don't think they'll get really worn out being worn on the tile in my school, the sole would keep them from looking nasty and dirty. Plus, I wouldn't be constantly paranoid about them.

Softgrey, I wanted ballet slippers (real ones) in the worst way, but when my mom went to the dance store to get them for me for Christmas, the saleslady scoffed at her and told her that the the slippers would fall apart the minute I wore them out.

19-03-2004
flaunt the imperfection..

yeah yeah yeah... they told me that too...ballet slippers cost what?...$20?.....so wear them out and then buy a new pair...i used to wear rainy weather or showy waether boots to school and then change once i got to my locker...

the mocassins will also be fine...the suede on the sole naturally develops a shiny texture which becomes the 'sole' of the shoe...

the best part about both these shoes is that, because they have no sole, the leather/suede has the freedom to stretch exactly to the shape of your foot (a rubber/plastic sole will inhibit this)...this is what makes them such a joy to wear...it's truly the next best thing to being barefoot...like little leather/suede socks....i used to just skip and dance through the hall of my school...

19-03-2004
Meg
inspired contemplation

Quote:
Originally posted by leyla m.@Mar 13th, 2004 - 7:49 pm

Leyla I nearly died laughing when I read that. That is too funny!

23-03-2004
desire, undefined

I SO adore these shoes. Though I don't know where to buy them if you, like in my case, live outside of the US (I live in Denmark). I would be pleased if anyone could tell me where to buy these beauties.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
minnetonka, moccasins