How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-05-2012
girl who fell to earth

Missoni Partners with CB Made in Italy for the Muzungu Sisters Website
from wmag.com

Quote:
Missoni for a Cause

As if you need any more reason to buy these adorable Missoni loafers, ten percent of the proceeds from the limited-edition styles go to the Small Steps Project, a charity which provides shoes for children who live on municipal trash dumps around the world, helping to protect them from injury and enabling them to “take a small step out of poverty.”

The Muzungu Sisters (real-life friends Dana Alikhani and Tatiana Santo Domingo) whose site is dedicated to exclusive products handcrafted by local artisans, approached the design house to work on this first collaboration. "For the last year, CB Made in Italy has been my shoe of choice,” said Margherita Missoni. “So when Tatiana asked me to do a collaboration with Muzungu Sisters…the first thing that came up to my mind was a pair of CB covered in Missoni fabrics. I think the result is brilliant!"

CB Made in Italy loafers covered in Missoni fabric

The pairs, which are crafted by CB Made in Italy from “upcycled” Missoni fabrics (donated remnants that would otherwise be destroyed) will be sold exclusively on the Muzungu Sisters website.

By Virginia VanZanten

Read More http://www.wmagazine.com/w/blogs/the...#ixzz1tezRfQhd

02-05-2012
V.I.P.

I'm always excited about all of Missoni's collaborations (still hate that I missed out on the fabulous laptop cases and bags they did with Bric's) but I can't say these loafers do anything for me. I like the good cause behind it but I just don't like loafers in general, they always look granny-ish on me :p

02-05-2012
girl who fell to earth

i like loafers so i don't mind these... but the price point is still kind of out of my reach...
or at least more than i'd be willing to pay for a pair of loafers i should say.

Still, I appreciate that they're doing collaborations like this for a good cause.

I didn't realize they did a collab with Bric's! That must have been a good pairing...
*edit - just did some googling and it looks like Missoni x Bric's is still available on the Bric's website! off to start a thread....

Last edited by ChrissyM; 02-05-2012 at 10:18 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
cb, italy, missoni, muzungu, partners, sisters, website