How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-05-2008
windowshopping

What should I wear with my knee-high black boots?
They are knee-high, suede, black, wedge Michael Kors. Lovely shoes.

I've paired them with black shorts and a long short-sleeve cardigan on top for a party before and they looked lovely.

What else can I wear them with to a casual party? I don't want to look trampy but I still want to look cute.

Pictures appreciated!

14-05-2008
backstage pass

Help ladies HELPPPP
OK So i have my MAYLE tana dress and I want to wear it for grad.. Im not sure what shoes to wear it with.. I see on Net-a-porter.com the girl wore black patent flats with it and a black jacket... BUt i cant do that for grad. The dress is gold and cream.. In the picture I am wearing my ferragamo wedges which seems ok... But what would be better...?? Thank you ladies!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mayle 2 2.jpg (43.4 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg mayle 2 back.jpg (44.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg mayle 2.jpg (49.3 KB, 7 views)

24-05-2008
tfs star

^What about nude or white pumps?

24-05-2008
catch me if you can

Maybe a pop of color like red for that dress.

the crying of humanity

I think a pair of chocolate brown pumps would match well with a dress of that style.

fashion icon

I recently brought this dress http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/st...1865&langId=-1
I love it but I'm completely stumped as to what shoes to wear! I'd be really greatful for any help

28-05-2008
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanelnumber5 View Post
I recently brought this dress http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/st...1865&langId=-1
I love it but I'm completely stumped as to what shoes to wear! I'd be really greatful for any help
Do you see all that red, green, blue, white and yellow on your dress? Pick a pair of high heels or platforms [not too chunky/thick though] with one of the colours of your dress.
How are you gonna wear it though [as a day dress or a formal one]?

Last edited by Navygreen; 28-05-2008 at 06:59 PM.
29-05-2008
fashion icon

^I was going to wear it as a day dress. Thanks for the idea! I can't believe I didn't think of that. I'm going to look out for some heels/wedges in those colours. Thanks again

01-06-2008
the crying of humanity

Navygreen's suggestions are great, and I agree with incorporating some of the colors from the dress into your shoes. My initial thought was pairing the piece with white pumps, but fuchsia or yellow heels would work just as well.

Here's a pair of 3.75" fuchsia pumps from rsvp. They also come in white and yellow (along with other colors), both of which would match nicely. Here's the link to the shoes on Zappos.

zappos.com

fashion icon

^Thanks seanutbutter . I'm still undecided on what colour to go for, but I'm going to have a look around ad see what I can find (Unfortunately, I can't shop online)

16-06-2008
tfs star

I think I'll lend my creativity and imagination to this thread. I think I'll talk mostly about the shoes on this specific page. I'll just provide basic fashion garments and not so much exact clothing from actual designers.

* For the sandals in Post #341... I can think of a purely casual outfit. I imagine wearing a black T-shirt with a slim denim jean skirt that extends to just above the knees. * There's another casual look I thought of for these sandals, also a basic look. I can see these sandals paired with a red or reddish-orange top paired with cuffed denim capris. * Other looks I can see for these sandals would be lovely maxi dress. If I'm thinking maxi dress, I'd probably choose a maxi with white and yellow colors or perhaps even a black maxi dress with white accents. The different accents have to be floral accents for me to make this look work for a playfully casual day.

Let me look at the open-toe pumps in Post #352. These pumps in this color almost readily suggests something dressy. But then, dressy with a little casual. I've envisioned in my mind what would work well for those lovely RSVP pumps, and here's what I can imagine... first off, I have a way with colors. I'd like to think of a "strawberry and cream" color style. A strawberry and cream color style for me involves a dark pink top paired with some sort of white bottoms. As the name implies, I think of this as dipping strawberries into whipped cream for a sweet look guaranteed to make you look as sweet as candy. There's two ways I'd think about making such a look come alive.

(1) The semi-formal look in my mind for these pumps would have to have a dark pink shirt paired with some kind of flowy white pants. If you love polka dots, I'd probably go with a cute blouse or lightweight button-down shirt that has small white polka dots. The pants can range from white bootcut pants to white palazzo pants.

(2) How about a little more casual look? I would imagine pairing those pumps with a T-shirt or camp shirt that has the same color as the pumps or close enough. Instead of the flowy white pants, you can stretch things out a bit with some white jeans. I'd find a nice white pair of bootcut, wide-leg, or slim fit jeans to go with these. Or instead of a regular shirt (and for a more daring style), how about a casual tank top or halter top colored in the same fuschia or dark pink color?

(3) The only other alternative would be to wear a white skirt or an ankle-length white dresss. If you have a dark pink sweater shrug or maybe a bolero, offset the white with the shrug or bolero. I guess a casual denim blue bolero would also suffice, but I'm keeping within dark pink + white.

I'm not really thinking of cropped pants and short skirts, but you can always try and still come out with a great look.

That's my generic approach to these shoes. How did I do?

tfs star

Allow me to use my imagination with past shoes. I went back to Page 17 to share my imagination. All links to the specific shoes in question that I cover will have a link to them. So here we go...

--- Post #340 < http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...&postcount=340 > ---
Thinking about these boots reminds me of some fashions I've seen in Newport News catalogs. The Country Western trend is dead and gone (thank God), but these boots remind me of the Western style. These boots need only one key style- denim garments. Casual denim dresses and jumpers would suffice. I can think of some kind of fit-and-flare denim dress or skirt. I think you want that kind of "prairie chic" to make these boots match swell with these boots. These brown lace-up boots are suggestive of Western style, and I just don't see any kind of garment of anything other than denim to work. If dresses, jumpers, and skirts aren't your thing... then perhaps the bread and butter of clothing will work best- the good old denim jeans. I'd look for blue jeans or even light blue jeans (but not too light). I'd probably avoid skinny jeans unless you feel you have a great-enough fit with skinnies.

If you have a casual denim jacket, add this with a T-shirt or a short-sleeve button-down shirt. Colder times call for long-sleeve shirts. Those boots suggest denim to me. But if you wanted to dress these up, I'd go with a non-denim prairie dress or a stylish long skirt. Visit the "Riding Wear for the Clotheshorse" ( http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...rse-62079.html ) thread for more Western inspiration.

scenester

I need help!

all pics by me

I bought these manolos:

this cardigan:

with the pumps:

and this clutch, that I thought, it would match...
(it's silver/gray, and has the same color like the brooch on the shoes)

now I think, that the clutch is to simple/ordinary... which bag would you wear with these pumps? i planned to wear the shoes with the cardigan + jeans + (white?) tanktop + clutch (should it be also satin and green? or completley different? python? beige? orange?)
and: I don't like, if the hardware of the bag doesn't match the hardware on other accessoires... is it weird? the hardware on the prada clutch is gold, and the HW on the shoes is darksilver...

I also have this vintage necklace, I think this would match...

what do you all think?

Confused & Bewildered

Quote:
+ jeans + (white?) tanktop
Nope. Simple white dress, knee length or so.

22-06-2008
the crying of humanity

^ I agree with the suggestion of a white dress - nice shoes like those deserve better than jeans.

Last edited by seanutbutter; 22-06-2008 at 01:07 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
clothes, pairing, perfect, shoe, shoes, thread