How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-06-2008
V.I.P.

mangoblüte, I love what you chose. to me, every shoe goes with jeans and the your eye for what works is spot on.

UGotMayle, pretty dress needs pretty shoes, that wedge is too casual but I understand that comfort is key during a graduation ceremony so how about a dressy ballet flat (with your long legs you could pull it off easily). Congrats by the way and best of luck!

Last edited by luckyme; 25-06-2008 at 10:36 AM.

25-06-2008
rising star

Mango-I think what you have picked is beautiful...You have a good eye...

Ladies please help if you have any ideas..... I have been stuck on these boots for some time. I purchased them almost 2 years ago for a steal, but have only worn them with jeans. They are Prada.
I am bored with that look and would like to show these off.....so any Suggestions for them?
I am in my 30's so mini skirts and stuff won't work. I have seen some cute outfits with shorter skirts...but for me it would not be a style I am comfortable with.
And they are lower calf length so kind of short.

Pic is my own

25-06-2008
fashion icon

^^^I'd wear these boots under wide leged pants

27-06-2008
V.I.P.

I really love these shoes but have no clue what colors I could wear them with. The nude would go with alot but the shades of purple & pink... I dont really have anything in those colors.

Here they are... sorry I have to use link but the other way doesnt work for me anymore for some reason. (pic from Target.com)
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...fL._SS384_.jpg

30-06-2008
tfs star

Tiffany7, you mentioned this wedge sandal with violet and pink accents. I think (speaking as a guy) that there's nothing wrong with violet or pink for a top. I could think of two looks using my artistic imagination...

1.) The primary look I was envisioning with these shoes is a pink top with white cropped pants. The actual color of the top may have to be some kind of dark pink color to match nicely with the violet/pink accents on the sandals. Magenta and fuschia are examples. So I would probably think of a dark pink tank top-like tunic with white cropped twill pants. Either cropped pants or capris just below the knees. Another option would be white denim jean capris for a more casual look. You could also look into a white skirt of about mid-length. Or if you like longer-skirts, there's no shame in an ankle-length or floor-length skirt. I'm just thinking of pink/violet top + white bottoms in Summer conditions.

2.) The second look is simply a dark pink top (of some kind) paired with jeans. There was a trend back around 2003 in which dirty denim was hot. A black top with dirty denim jeans paired with camel or nude shoes or sandals was a bit common. This is going to be the first time I may recommend skinny jeans or slim jeans. So here's what I'm thinking as far as a casual look for these lovely sandals:

dark pink/violet sweater shrug (or a dark pink/violet button-down shirt opened) + regular white T-shirt + darker blue jeans of skinny or slim length... and those sandals.

I'd probably just go find a dark pink or violet top first off, then either some white bottoms or perhaps regular denim blue jeans. I've seen white and camel worn before by femmes I've seen around town, so I don't think you can go wrong with a combination of white and camel. Experiment to your heart's content.

Last edited by John_M.; 30-06-2008 at 12:41 AM.
30-06-2008
tfs star

I was so excited to get these, but after doing do I'm quite at a lost as to what to wear with them. (They're white leather.)

getglamorous

fashion icon

ms-nietzsche,
I was so excited to get these, but after doing do I'm quite at a lost as to what to wear with them. (They're white leather.)

http://cache.net-a-porter.com/
http://www.mytheresa.com/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 30230_in_l.jpg (10.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 19881_in_l.jpg (21.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 840_5024_005.jpg (29.3 KB, 0 views)

01-07-2008
the crying of humanity

Aris, the outfit you suggested is perfect! I wasn't sure at first what to pair with the shoes, but I definitely second your idea.

windowshopping

These boots arrived this morning - I've been desperate for them for weeks but now they're here I just don't know what to wear with them.

Net-a-Porter

03-07-2008
tfs star

Since this is your first post, I'd like to welcome you to thefashionspot.com, nixxi. I'm John. Nice to meet you.

A general combination of clothes I would think of would be a black T-shirt, dark blue denim jeans (preferably bootcut or slim), and those boots. It's the first kind of style I'd think of with these. Or if you're more classy in fashion, then a black pantsuit (maybe even with silver or white pinstripes for added appeal) paired with a white dress shirt or blouse.

It's usually tough for me to think about boots in the Summer (at least here in America) unless they are those romantic ankle boots that look more like pumps than boots. So I've thought of those two basic looks for those boots. You may likely be able to dress them up or down to your heart's content. I think those boots can have casual and formal appeal to match any such outfits you have in mind. So that's my recommendations based on general fashion garments.

windowshopping

What would you wear with this?
It was such a ridiculous impulse buy but I feel bad for wanting to chuck it out.

Thanks!

06-07-2008
tfs star

^Oversized T-shirt + vest and tights, at least for summer.

I kind of like the boots

fashion icon

what about something like this
mytheresa, nap
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 520_2319_002.jpg (35.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 700_5367_002.jpg (28.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 840_2213_007.jpg (36.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 19042_in_l.jpg (21.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 22797_in_l.jpg (37.3 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by aris; 08-07-2008 at 02:50 PM.
08-07-2008
V.I.P.

pinkplasticgun, would you please post the spot where you found those online? also concur with aris, that the boots are very cool but for me, a skirt would be better along with her choice of earthy separates.

Last edited by luckyme; 08-07-2008 at 03:28 PM.
08-07-2008
windowshopping

Thanks for the suggestions!

*pic credit from ebay

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
clothes, pairing, perfect, shoe, shoes, thread