How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-11-2008
tfs star

thanks for the input guys!

10-11-2008
rising star

Hello I just bought these fantastic bell bottom high waisted jeans and I have no clue what shoes to wear with them. I want to purchase a nice pair of ankle zip up black boots. What do you all think?
http://www.singer22.com/shannon.html

12-11-2008
front row

ok, I just ordered this dress for a Christmas party (its at an Italian restaurant in Philly) and im not sure how to wear it now... what shoes do you all think? And would you wear tights? If so what color? TIA

pic chickdowntown.com

Not Thinking About Time

Platforms in grey would look nice nothing to shinny either

Portfolio Last FM
13-11-2008
tfs star

Your dress has burgundy/grey/black on it. Just pick one of these colours and you're good to go :p
Black sheer tights would be a sexy option imo

Last edited by Navygreen; 13-11-2008 at 07:47 AM.
15-11-2008
in the mood for love

^ I agree with Navygreen.

Not Thinking About Time

so I just got these they are not really my typical style and I have no clue what to wear them with. Help please I was thinking to do skinnies but I dont know if that would not be fun enough for the shoes

Portfolio Last FM
15-11-2008
tfs star

I've had the strangest idea - get a full skirt, a monochromatic one [unless you have -too- wide hips]. You know, 50s style.. Or a pencil skirt.
Those shoes are pretty "special" so the rest of your outfits always have to be downplayed anyway.

20-11-2008
tfs star

I don't know of exact shoes. So all I do is post a general idea of what I'd wear with them. Here goes.

* Post #422 by FashionBody31
Wow! I didn't know some still care about jeans that aren't skinny. You've made a great purchase getting these high-waisted bell bottom jeans. They look lovely. As far as what I'd wear with those... I can think of a few options. Those jeans could possibly be dressed up or down. First off, I think those jeans call for a chic pair of brown boots. They can either be a chocolate brown color or maybe something a bit brighter (but not too much). I've recently grown fond of dark blue jeans with red shoes. You could possibly get away with wearing some high-heel red pumps with those. Maybe even with a pointy-toes (unless you don't like them). You could also go really casual with red peep-toe espadriles with a straw base. The last kind of shoes I'm thinking of would be a pair of platform oxford shoes. A girly and cute pair of oxfords would be this oxford pump by T.U.K.: < http://www.endless.com/T-U-K-Womens-...0oxford%20shoe >. They are oxford pumps only available in black and white. Or you could opt for some aggressive oxford sneakers or oxford shoes.

* Post #423 by Phylicia04
If I didn't wise up on tights and leggings, I'd tell you to ditch the footless tights. High-heel peep-toe pumps or strappy sandals would work great with that dress. That's especially if you can find a nice pair of black or dark violet colors. Alternatively, a pair of metallic high-heel pumps or metallic high-heel sandals (preferably silver) would work well as well. Now with tights, I'd probably wear some off-white or white tights. What would be tough is maybe finding a color that's a middle ground to the colors of the dress. If you can sport some gray tights, go for it! Either white or gray would be my tights of choice. Depending on style or how cold it is, you may need a pair of chic knee-high boots. To be consistent with the colors, I wouldn't go with any color other than black. That's how I'd do this if I were in your situation.

in the mood for love

^ I would hardly ever recommend someone to wear white tights. They make legs look... well... fat! So leggings or like Navygreen said, black sheer tights would definitely be something I would wear with that dress myself. But I agree about silver sandals, they would look nice, imo.

tfs star

White tights? Sure, if you're 10 years-old lol :p

20-11-2008
tfs star

Well something different. Tights and leggings have gotten old. Everyone (generalization) has black leggings. Maybe... okay. Maybe magenta or purple tights if you're opposed to any white leggings. But again... I'm tired of leggings and skinny jeans. Wake me when this is all over.

front row

^ lol, thanks everyone!! i think im gonna stick to gray, they seem to look nice with the dress!!

tfs star

This is just a quick note I wanted to get across on the previous recommendations. Someone said that white leggings are fine... if you're ten. Just to say... I've seen femmes at least 18 sport white leggings. One pair of white leggings had this nice tattoo design on them. So I've seen white leggings before sported on femmes much older than ten.

But yeah, it's your call on the leggings. Want to wear gray leggings with your outfit? Fine. Dress to your heart's content!

The future is stupid

Hello Everyone... Just a friendly reminder to please remember to credit your images per tFS Community Rules or they will have to be removed. Also... please don't quote images when replying to posts.

Thank You

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
clothes, pairing, perfect, shoe, shoes, thread