Pairing Shoes with Clothes Help Thread - Page 31 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
14-12-2008
Fashion Designer

^^agree =)

14-12-2008
windowshopping

What shoes would you wear with a tiered dress?
(if you were to wear a tiered dress) The dress in question is black silk chiffon.

17-12-2008
rising star

If the dress is a mini, I would avoid very high heels. 'Character shoes' look great with tiered dresses. Good luck!

17-12-2008
flaunt the imperfection

'character shoes'...
meaning mary janes or t-straps i guess...
and i agree....

though it IS a bit of a cliche...
maybe a peep toe bootie is a more modern updated version...?

:p

17-12-2008
V.I.P.

i would wear something like a louboutin rolando or ysl tribute sky high stiletto pump. doesnt need to be a brand name but the style is what i see working.

17-12-2008
V.I.P.

Pointed flats might work (unless the dress makes a person look short :p).

rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by softgrey View Post
'character shoes'...
meaning mary janes or t-straps i guess...
and i agree....

though it IS a bit of a cliche...
maybe a peep toe bootie is a more modern updated version...?

:p
Yes, you can't go wrong with mary janes paired with a tiered dress - though you are right, it is cliched. A peep toe bootie would be fabulous! I have a very old cute pair by Betsey Johnson...hm, must find a tiered dress now! (wink!)

19-12-2008
Confused & Bewildered

Never peep-toe boots. Never ever with anything.

Quote:
What shoes would you wear with a tiered dress?
(if you were to wear a tiered dress) The dress in question is black silk chiffon.
A simple black dress sandal, one strap across the foot above the toes, maybe either an ankle strap or a slingback.

Last edited by Echoes; 19-12-2008 at 07:42 AM.
19-12-2008
Confused & Bewildered

Maybe something along this line, Ralph Lauren Mimi Patent Rosette

http://gracemycloset.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Echoes; 19-12-2008 at 07:55 AM.
20-12-2008
windowshopping

what should i wear to match this pair of shoes?(Timberland Women's Ivande oxford)

i bought this pair of shoes at Amazon.
The price is good, but I cannot find pants to match it.
Give me some suggestions plz.
I dont wanna return it, cuz it's comfortable when i wear it.
Thanks

20-12-2008
Confused & Bewildered

Any pair of jeans.

26-12-2008
tfs star

Welcome to tFS, claudiaz (since this is your first post). I'm John. Nice to meet you.

So you're sporting that Timberland Ivande oxford? I would instantly say some dark blue (but not too dark) denim jeans. I think you have to wear something brown to stay consistent with the shoe's design. However, I think you can go with some kind of beige or tan pants, mostly with a regular leg or even with a bootcut or wide-leg design. Best go to go with a casual look. Of course, beige or tan jeans with voluminous legs wouldn't hurt either. If there is an uncommon look I've somewhat been drawn to, it's pairing oxford shoes kind of like that (I'm thinking more along the lines of the Skechers Minuet or Grand Jamz sneakers) with proper office wear slacks. These shoes are too casual to even attempt this, so I'd avoid this.

I'll leave it up to you to find out what kinds of tops and/or outerwear to wear with this. Either a denim jean jacket or some brown jacket would be a nice accessory with those shoes. I'm thinking T-shirts as far as what top to wear. Either a T-shirt or some polo-type shirt.

Another option for bottoms would be some kind of denim skirt. Depends on either a denim mini or some full denim jean skirt. Your call. That's how I'd wear these.

front row

hello I have a question, can you please help me giving me examples what outfits to wear with this shoes?. with jeans please thanks in advance.

www.shoes.com

27-12-2008
V.I.P.

claudiaz, john's suggestions are great ones. in addition to his, a short casual skirt would be cute too. as long as you keep it sporty you won't go wrong.

chivi, first thing I thought of was a shawl collar jacket or blazer in keeping with the rounded edges look. just keep the look soft either with a tie neck blouse or a simple tee and the jacket as the collared piece and it should work.

27-12-2008
tfs star

So you have these peep-toe pumps, chivi? Those are lovely to me. Very cute peep-toe design, and the big bow on the side of the toes adds a cute and girly touch. Because they are dark gray (or at ther really black?), it can be tough to put something together. So let me try my best.

You mentioned "with jeans." I'll be first to recommend something with a fuller leg or flared leg. However (unless you don't like them), I'd be inclined to find a fairly good indigo skinny jean with light stitching. I'll leave it up to you to decide what kind or make of skinny jean you like. I say a dark denim color just to stay mostly consistent with the peep-toe pumps. You could also opt for a good pair of bootcut jeans. Either an indigo color or a moderately dark blue pair of jeans would suffice. You could add a little taste to your bootcut jeans with flap pockets or a few fancy embellishments on the jeans. I wouldn't upset the balance of loveliness by wearing something too aggressive or edgy.

I'd go mostly with dark colors. But what would you wear to offset the dark colors with something bright and lovely (pop of color). Do you go with a black feminine top with some kind of a magenta belt? A hot pink top with a black belt? That's up to you. Since you mentioned jeans, that's mostly that I could think of. I even thought of a few looks with a (tell me if you've read me rant about this before) miniskirt + leggings or even a cute T-shirt + jumper combination plus either leggings or tights. Maybe I'll come along with a look for skirts and dresses with those shoes, but I'll leave it as that for now.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
clothes, pairing, perfect, shoe, shoes, thread