How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-10-2004
rising star

round toe has been around so long its boring. jeans look great with pointy toe shoes.

09-10-2004
V.I.P.

Love it. Love pointy toes like that. Go for it!

09-10-2004
windowshopping

I too am a guy who wears shoes with a heel, i like the look. This is how I wear mine (with long jeans etc) but I got torn apart on my post about shoes I just bought (just bought these shoes), I have always worn chunky heed type shoes and always thought that wearing shoes like in example you gave would cause major ridicule. So Im not sure why I got ripped apart in my post, perhaps I should post a picture also.

also it was actually a girlfriend suggested that I should wear a heel due to the fact that I find flat shoes get quite sore after a while and due to the price of mens shoes with a slight heel really expensive... but women's shoes are cheaper and with more variety.

11-10-2004
windowshopping

Quite nice, nycfashion! I wear heels, too, although more for a bad ankle than anything else. But since I have to, I make the effort to ensure they're fashionable and tasteful with respect to the rest of my ensemble.

I live in Vegas, and get pretty much the same response as you do - very little, and what little I get, mostly positive.

As someone said, "perhaps I should have posted a picture." The words "guy in heels" conjures up all kinds of things, but when it comes down to the actual look, it's a non-issue.

If any lurkers out there are thinking about it, go for it - you'll be amazed at how you'll blend in more wearing heels than if you were wearing a stylish hat.

16-10-2004
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally posted by Flip Flop Freak@Oct 8 2004, 02:43 AM
Dont dig it, why not try a cowboy boot or something like that? Plus, arent you REALLY uncomfortable in those?
[snapback]389989[/snapback]
Actually they are really comfortable. I just bought one size larger than what I normally take, and since I have a small foot for a man, that was easy to do.

17-10-2004
front row

i think you should definetely wear it, and i love the jeans in the first post who are they by?

19-10-2004
windowshopping

Hey, I'm new here and need some advice - I have these beautiful shiny black leather boots, pointy, with a nice 5cm heel, and I love them. The only problem with them is the length - the only thing I can pair them with atm is pants because they're not an ankle boot, they go about half way between mid-calf and ankle, I was want to wear them with skirts, dressy shorts etc but I can't really find anything to go with them. It's such a shame because they're gorgeous Urban Soul boots and they cost me a bundle and I dont get to show them off!

The length is like this (they dont look much like this boot but the length is the same). http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...ssPageName=WDVW

Any suggestions?

19-10-2004
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally posted by evil_genius25@Oct 19 2004, 02:38 AM
Hey, I'm new here and need some advice - I have these beautiful shiny black leather boots, pointy, with a nice 5cm heel, and I love them. The only problem with them is the length - the only thing I can pair them with atm is pants because they're not an ankle boot, they go about half way between mid-calf and ankle, I was want to wear them with skirts, dressy shorts etc but I can't really find anything to go with them. It's such a shame because they're gorgeous Urban Soul boots and they cost me a bundle and I dont get to show them off!

The length is like this (they dont look much like this boot but the length is the same). http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...ssPageName=WDVW

Any suggestions?
[snapback]401491[/snapback]
I have a similar pair and I've worn them with a little black dress or a skirt. Just make sure it's a "mid length" mini skirt, not too short and you will be fine.

The new cropped pants look awesome with boots like that, because of the proportions and because you can see them. Grab a pair of jeans and chop them up!

If they are not very shiny, pair them up with very opaque tights, a classic black mini and a hevy knit sweater in a neutral color or a coat/jacket a bit longer than your skirt.

You can also try to wear them with black thigh or knee high socks, that will give you the effect of a longer boot shaft.

Well, I hope this helps!

21-10-2004
scenester

I've also seen fur cuffs that can be added to the top portion of your boot, to embelish, and make it appear longer than it really is! Check your local Brown's or Town Shoes for that. And this seems to be a trend, [At least with women of Vancouver] to tuck in a pair of boot cut, or very slim legged jeans into a boot. I don't really know if it's happening anywhere else, but they've been doing this for Uggs, rain galoshes, and now pointy toed boots. [I'm more familiar with the cuffing trend.]

So give those a go and let us know how it works out!

21-10-2004
windowshopping

Hi,
I just bought this vintage boots, they look like the cancan dancers boots in the far west I oove it and they look a little like the teal boots from marc jacobs.

you would where it with what ???

thank you for your advises

my blog in french :http://lafeecoriandre2.hautetfort.com/
21-10-2004
stories everywhere

cute! Hmm...

safe: Jeans and a seafoam wrap cardigan with a brooch on the lapel

not so safe: knee length skirt ( maybe pleated wool if its cold where you are), chunky winter white sweater and nude fishnets

Adorable illusion

Very Marc Jacobs! Good purchase.

21-10-2004
flaunt the imperfection

LOL...marc jacobs?...is he copying vivienne westwood again?...
here is how she shows them...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg a.jpg (27.5 KB, 93 views)

21-10-2004
flaunt the imperfection

Attached Images
File Type: jpg a2.jpg (39.8 KB, 96 views)

24-10-2004
*Addict_to_Fashion*

Quote:
Originally posted by softgrey@Oct 21 2004, 07:26 PM
LOL...marc jacobs?...is he copying vivienne westwood again?...
here is how she shows them...
[snapback]403655[/snapback]
AGREE !!! Don't like them.. very very nasty...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
clothes, pairing, perfect, shoe, shoes, thread