How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-03-2008
Geometric Discharge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dego View Post
A lot of immature comments here. I don't think these shoes would get as much flak if they weren't bearing the name of ms. Hilton.
That's true.
But i'm afraid most of them wouldn't appeal to me even with a different name.

25-03-2008
fashion elite

LOL @ the "epic" sandal.

25-03-2008
rising star

Ugly, tacky shoes of poor quality! If they were sold cheaply maybe they could have been excused. But no, they seem to have a designer heritage given the price tag. That's the worst part, I think.

I think I read from somewhere that all her spring/summer shoes will have light pink soles and autumn/winter shoes will have hot pink shoes.

How Paris Hilton!

25-03-2008
V.I.P.

the sad part about this is that the vogue pump has quite a trendy shape
quite a few designers have done that square toe for the coming season and i really do not like it!

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
28-03-2008
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwennilicious View Post
I think I read from somewhere that all her spring/summer shoes will have light pink soles and autumn/winter shoes will have hot pink shoes.
O NO! She's copying Betsey Johnson?! I know that BJ shoes have hot pink soles and I thought it was super cute so I just had to buy a pair of her heels! It kind of reminds me of the Louboutin's red soles but of course without the $800 price tag!

tfs star

I saw these at Macy's and didn't know what to think.
Do these sell?

the crying of humanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dego View Post
A lot of immature comments here. I don't think these shoes would get as much flak if they weren't bearing the name of ms. Hilton.
What you're saying seems to be true, sadly. I've seen several shoes in the "Yay or Nay?" thread that look noticeably similar to these (no offense towards anyone, just saying). In fact, Alexander McQueen designed some heels for S/S 08 which, aside from the color, are nearly identical to the "Vogue" pump.

There's nothing to be ashamed of for liking shoes from a certain designer. If you like a shoe, you like it. The person(s) behind the design shouldn't have a say in your opinion.

Last edited by seanutbutter; 28-03-2008 at 08:08 PM.
28-03-2008
backstage pass

*shudders* I wouldn't buy any of those shoes... I don't mind Paris Hilton, either.

I wouldn't buy them even if they were labeled with another designer. "

»re de ℳodernitť

I don't get why people can not admit we don't dislike the shoes because it's PH, only because it's d*mn ugly !

V.I.P.

Paris Shmaris,
who cares who "designed" them.... they are pretty awful either way if you ask me... and the only people to blame is a handful of so called "shoe dsigners" behind this

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
29-03-2008
doldrums

Over priced. Each shoe looks about $20 at the most.

29-03-2008
Noblesse oblige

[quote=seanutbutter;4313733]
Quote:
What you're saying seems to be true, sadly. I've seen several shoes in the "Yay or Nay?" thread that look noticeably similar to these (no offense towards anyone, just saying).
And have you seen the same people yaying those "similar" shoes and naying the Paris Hilton shoes?
Quote:
In fact, Alexander McQueen designed some heels for S/S 08 which, aside from the color, are nearly identical to the "Vogue" pump.
And so what? It isn't any novelty that certain shapes are fashion and designers are copying each other. When people are naying the Paris Hilton shoes doesn't necessarily mean they are yaying the Alexander McQueens.
Quote:
There's nothing to be ashamed of for liking shoes from a certain designer. If you like a shoe, you like it. The person(s) behind the design shouldn't have a say in your opinion.
How can you say that? What is immature in this debate are people caring about other people's reasons for liking or disliking shoes. If you have good experiences with products from a certain designer it is quite natural to look for more of his stuff. Having said that I haven't met anybody in this forum who just admires something because of the brand. Christian Louboutin for example is so popular, but who likes every style he designed? I don't and I doubt if anybody else does.

Finally, I have much more sympathy for Paris Hilton herself than for her shoes. Maybe she isn't a great singer or actress, but she is beautiful and she owns some beautiful shoes - not of her own brand.

Last edited by Zarina; 29-03-2008 at 07:50 AM.
29-03-2008
rising star

^ very well said

29-03-2008
V.I.P.

tranny mess...

31-03-2008
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by katieannhoffman View Post
i feel like im going to be bombarded with these shoes everywhere in the mall, just like the"jessica simpson collection"
Honestly I don't like any of these Paris Hilton shoes but I have to admit, I have a couple Jessica Simpsons that I love. I was also appalled when I heard she would be releasing a line, but "she" made a few really cute knock offs of shoes that were out of my price range that I have and love (for example, like Chloe-looking wedges).

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
footwear, hilton, paris