How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-08-2006
front row

i'm excited. i hope the boots turn out to be comfy and not cheap looking b/c they look very nice. guess i'll wait till sept to see!

19-08-2006
fashion insider

there were several featured in wwd awhile back and they looked really nice.

scenester

not all expensive shoes are comfy either though :p
but thats probably more due to my continued fascination with pointy high stilettos.

just saw an ad for the abaete for payless in the ny times sunday mag and they actually look kind of cute. i'll have to see how they look in person though...

28-08-2006
scenester

there are more pics here:
http://www.headlinefashion.com/2006/...esigner-shoes/
the flat is pretty appealing actually...i mean a flat cant be that uncomfortable right...

28-08-2006
front row

i went to payless yesterday and the store already is selling the abaete shoes. tried on the ballet flats - they were rather stiff and uncomfortable.
they also had the shoes featured in the article , except they were solid color, no polka dots but i didn't try those on - the white pair looked ok, the black was better looking though.
pic from:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 020920061412256970-abaete.jpg (20.3 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by seasecrets; 28-08-2006 at 08:08 PM.
28-08-2006
front row

look at payless go! to be honest, they do have one or two nice shoes every now and then...

29-08-2006
V.I.P.

i passed by a payless store and they have some of the shoes in the window.

they also have a buy one get one 50% off deal going on. if you need ten dollar shoes i guess its OK.

the ballet shoes looked horrendous. so did the boots.

29-08-2006
fashion insider

I agree with the fact that the flats were horrendous, but they do have one or two nice shoes once in a while.

unknown
29-08-2006
Amour Comme Hiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsethereal
^ hey, i agree, that's exactly how i think too. but seriously, there are people who can't even afford to dish out like $60 on shoes. That's unfathomable if you can barely pay your electric and grocery bills. so what happens to that person when they need a pair of shoes to go their sister's wedding, or something? they go to payless, and they're happy they find a shoe with an ounce of style for $20.
Exactly... I have a single mother and a little sister, and there is no way that I'll be wearing Louboutins in the next few years (unless my modeling career really kicks off). I spent, like, fifty bucks on my entire homecoming dance outfit last year- which included shoes from payless. I have no intention to ask my mom to spend money she doesn't have on cute Jimmy Choos.

Fashion is fashion and style is style... I had a friend who went to the same dance in Kate Spade shoes and a Max Azria dress and everyone commented on how good I looked over her in my cheapo getup

29-08-2006
backstage pass

My local payless has a pair of pumps from this collection, but I'm waiting to see how the boots look in real life.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhaoticKharma
Exactly... I have a single mother and a little sister, and there is no way that I'll be wearing Louboutins in the next few years (unless my modeling career really kicks off). I spent, like, fifty bucks on my entire homecoming dance outfit last year- which included shoes from payless. I have no intention to ask my mom to spend money she doesn't have on cute Jimmy Choos.

Fashion is fashion and style is style... I had a friend who went to the same dance in Kate Spade shoes and a Max Azria dress and everyone commented on how good I looked over her in my cheapo getup
I know, seriously! I get plenty of my compliments on my cheap Payless shoes, certainly more than my friend who pays tons of money on EVERYTHING.

Payless shoes aren't that bad. I had a pair of sandals that wore out pretty quickly (mostly because I wore them nearly everyday for almost a year), but I also have good heels too. I think that some of the new Abaete shoes are cute, esp. the boots, but some of their other, non-designer shoes are much better.

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by decadentxangel
there are more pics here:
the flat is pretty appealing actually...i mean a flat cant be that uncomfortable right...

Actually, I have a pair of ballet flats that are the most uncomfortable pair I own. I can only wear it if my heal goes over the end like a slipper, because otherwise my toes and joints will cut and blister. Usually used when I have to make quickie errands or do laundry. My mom wanted a "matching pair of flats, 'cause, oh my god we're so cute!"

01-09-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raintracks

Actually, I have a pair of ballet flats that are the most uncomfortable pair I own. I can only wear it if my heal goes over the end like a slipper, because otherwise my toes and joints will cut and blister. Usually used when I have to make quickie errands or do laundry. My mom wanted a "matching pair of flats, 'cause, oh my god we're so cute!"

So true! I had a pair of purple flats from Payless, and they've actually left scars on the back of my ankles after wearing them maybe twice. I have another that were OK, but I only wore them when I had no other options.

backstage pass

I work @ the mall and when I passed the Payless, the shoes below were in the window & it seems like I've seen them before...or some that were very similiar. I just couldn't quite put my finger on it, does anyone know what their knocking off? I actually thought they were pretty cute to, esp at only $17.99!

Here's the link for other views:
http://www.payless.com/Catalog/Produ...iveColor=Black

08-09-2006
front row

The mary janes look kind of like a knock off of the Manolo's.

Payless has stepped up it's game a lot lately, but a lot of the pics of shoes on this thread are kinda ugly.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
abaeté, designer, pairs, payless