How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-05-2005
fashion icon

I think that they both look nice, and i like having the choice. I have noticed i have bought more round toed shoes than pointy toed shoes in the last 2 or 3 seasons.

01-05-2005
barcode

Pointy toes will never go out, fashion gives everything a moment. Right now rounded toes are at the forefront, but I can guarantee that within a few seasons pointy toes will be the shape to have...designers went in a more pointed direction this fall, which leads me to believe that by fall 06 the pendulum will swing back to pointy.

02-05-2005
Of too many minds

^

I agree and personally I like having choices.

I have big feet but still I think there's nothing more wicked than a pair of pointy toe shoes to show that you mean business in a meeting.

Though personally to me, nothing means more than comfort first, style second..though I find myself having to struggle with that sometimes!

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}
02-05-2005
V.I.P.

if im in a cute mood i'll wear round, if im in a sexy mood ill wear pointy

square does not have a place in my wardrobe

02-05-2005
V.I.P.

oh i did have these cute square ones though

they were lime green and they were like cute sandals things and the sole was all bumpy...but thats all

02-05-2005
trendsetter

Pointy.....
pointy rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

02-05-2005
tfs star

I currently wear both pointy and round toes and I love each in its place.

I find square toed shoes utterly hideous...I left all my square toed shoes from when they were last in, in my wardrobe in my home country which I left 4 years ago...and when I saw them again this past summer I thought

These shoes were late 90's cutting edge...I think that if square toes do a comeback I'll just sit out this round...or maybe I'll eat my words too

02-05-2005
backstage pass

After trying pointy pumps, pointy slingbacks, and pointy slides, I was convinced that with my fat toes, I would never, EVER be able to wear pointies. No matter how ample the toe box was or how oversize the shoe, within minutes my foot would slide down into that tapered cone and start torturing me.
This spring I saw some pointy boots that were just too cheap to pass up, so I gave it one last try - YAY! Turns out that the tight instep of the boot keeps my foot from sliding forward, and the point just hangs out there looking pretty and not bothering me in the least!
Of course, now that boot season is over, I have to wait till fall to start wearing them again!

02-05-2005
backstage pass

Although painful pointy make your legs look the best. They give you a clean line and make you look slimmer IMO. Round toe are cute but tend to make your legs look chunkier and square toes bleck!!!! I hope those never come back!!!!!

www.styleisagift.com
www.myspace.com/styleisagift
02-05-2005
front row

Ugh, square toes. I don't like pointy shoes that much - but I wear them with some outfits. I don't want to have deformed feet, so I stick with open toed shoes.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiego
Although painful pointy make your legs look the best. They give you a clean line and make you look slimmer IMO. Round toe are cute but tend to make your legs look chunkier and square toes bleck!!!! I hope those never come back!!!!!
I think square toes could be on thier way back, Stella and Karl (who can be so far ahead) showed square toes for F/W. Im indifferent to square toes though Id never rule them out from ever coming back.

02-05-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diorling
I think square toes could be on thier way back, Stella and Karl (who can be so far ahead) showed square toes for F/W.
And if you count loafers, so did Galliano at Dior and Pilati at YSL. Might be in the cards after all!

02-05-2005
backstage pass

* runs and stocks up on pointy and round toe shoes*

www.styleisagift.com
www.myspace.com/styleisagift
03-05-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery
And if you count loafers, so did Galliano at Dior and Pilati at YSL. Might be in the cards after all!
Even more ominous! Balenciaga did square toe for Fall too! Ghesquière was miles ahead of the platform and wedge, he has forcasting credibility...

I think the square toe might become pretty hot for F/W 06. Galliano, Ghesquière and Lagerfeld can't all be wrong, IMO.

Last edited by Diorling; 03-05-2005 at 04:44 PM.
03-05-2005
V.I.P.

pointy toes are classic
the pointed toe is a classic. have you ever seen manolo blahnik or jimmy choo do a round or square toe?- I think not.

The exception would be flats- Pointy toe flats are not classic, and hopefully will dissapear soon

But really, who wears FLATS ?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
endangered, point