How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-09-2008
Meg
inspired contemplation

vixen and ragtag, I just got the Hunter Lady N boots for the Canadian winter. I'll post a pic, but just in case you can't make it out, they have a canvas (actually I think it's flax) upper and a rubber lower. On days when it's purely just cold and snow, I will probably wear Uggs, or some other form of shoe. But unfortunately, the city I live in just does not know how to handle snow, and thus they spray salt everywhere, everyday making it gross and slushy most days. I figure these would be the best option because I'll be able to handle the salt and slush and also not ruin a pair of leather boots with all the salt on them (which I definitely would not bother cleaning off everyday). I got them at Winners of all places for about $50 less than retail, and the closest they had in my size was a size too big, but to be honest, going smaller it would not fit my calf and this way, I have room for a thick sock. Because it fits so closely on my calf it basically creates a vacuum seal which has the effect of keeping my feet toasty warm! So anyway, I haven't had a chance to test them through the winter yet, but this is my plan! I have them in this color, but they come in bright colors and the black are quite nice as well

tobi.com

18-09-2008
fashion insider

i really need a pair of rainboots... but the ones i see are all very wide at the calf area and i dont like them like that...
any idea where i can get "skinny" rainboots?

18-10-2008
tfs star

My first rain boots since I was a child. I bought them today, I think they're cute.

19-10-2008
front row

i have my trusty burberry pair. i love them to death <3 i can walk around in them forever, too.

19-10-2008
backstage pass

I'm wearing my Marc by Marc Jacobs rain boots here:

19-10-2008
V.I.P.

segio, damn CUTE!

19-10-2008
backstage pass

luckyme - Thank you so much!

20-10-2008
scenester

HUNTER! i finally got a pair and i love them, now i don't have to fear the rain!

24-10-2008
trendsetter

rainshoes for a diva !!
Sooooo cute

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...MAIN&parentId=

From Neimans - Burberry

26-10-2008
V.I.P.

I went to a pumpkin catapult festival today, coolest thing ever, but my reason for posting is that I've never seen so many wellies in my life. granted we were in a mucky cow pasture and they came in very handy [or footie]. all different kinds too, but my favorite were a tall lace up pair with no distinguishable marks on them.

27-10-2008
front row

These are so useful, I just wish they were cuter.

19-11-2008
trendsetter

This is for all the girls above and for anyone who is interested in Hunter original boots....
ok I bought them both, Hunter and Huntress...I wear size 6 1/2 in pumps and
regular shoes but after reading some of the reviews and it says they run big, I got them both in 6. They both fit fine and are almost identical...well kinda...
Hunters are taller and Huntress is shorter and wide around the calves. Just to give you an idea...I'm 5-5 and my calves a pretty normal size...honestly the Hunters were a little too tall for my liking but the fit around my calves was perfect. And the Huntress I felt was the perfect height but was roomy around the calves and that's what i didn't wanted....so neither pair worked for me...I needed the height of the Huntress a

20-11-2008
scenester

So the time has come for me to buy some rain boots....what do you think of these:
http://zeta.zappos.com/product/7423836/color/764

I like the yellow color because I think they're fun...or is it just better to get black or brown (a "safer" color)??

tfs star

Why would you pay $110 USD for rain boots? Why would you pay a lot for something supposed to be made for wet weather, but with a more stylish heel? I give you... the Lucky Rainboots:

http://www.betseyjohnson.com/store/p...d=5703&np=8000

I'm somewhat fond of Betsey Johnson's colorful and expressive designs. Rain boots are for wet weather, not for being stylish. On the other hand, such boots can be very colorful and artistic, like the boots I've mentioned in this post. The boots are quite lovely for what they are. Love the flowery design as well as the whole shape of the boot.

Just to me... why go with rain boots when riding boots (especially for low and flat heel boots) are more proper and more appropriate than for wet weather boots?

El Viaje Definitivo

one pair for S/S 10 from mihara yasuhiro

contocose
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DVC00122_6.jpg (39.5 KB, 143 views)

Let the stars decide
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
boots, rain, wellies