How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-08-2008
windowshopping

I just wear my rainboots when it rains, I have the burberry rainboots, but like I said I only wear them when it rains and if it's light I just us an umbrella! But I have a dilemma I just bought a beautiful umbrella I found in the corner of a antique shop it's blue with a damask pattern but they clash with my boots! So when it rains it will be hard for me to decide!

06-08-2008
Aby
V.I.P.

Is it true that wellies or rain boots are slippery?

07-08-2008
front row

Bought these from shopbop for $30 a while ago:
http://cgi.ebay.com/NIB-MICHAEL-KORS...6.c0.m14.l1318

07-08-2008
tfs star

Rain boots are more like childish chic. I think they're dumb to wear when it isn't raining (maybe because of my "function" over "fashion" thinking at times). From a fashion perspective, however, this is a chance to wear boots with a very low, almost flat, heel. Even then, I'd ask how come you don't go for a pair of riding boots or something. I am an artist myself, so I can appreciate the more creative colors with rain boots.

It's tough to call anything a trend when you don't see it often. That's why (for example) I couldn't comment on bubble skirts until I had seen some. I slowly begun to like them since. The worst example of rain boots to me was that one girl I've seen at a restaurant tuck them into her black pants on a day that wasn't even raining that day. All the rain moved out, yet she tucked them in like the Houston area was hit by the second coming of Tropical Storm Allison.

Because of my "fashion over function" mindset with some looks and styles, I have that "I don't get it" mentality regarding rain boots as fashion. I do like those emerald green boots in Post #11. However, I don't see myself getting any if I were a femme.

front row

I don't really think rainboots are attractive. I bought mine to wear when it rains, and I think they're cute for rainboots, but I'd never wear them purely for fun.

07-08-2008
?

Well, the Hunter wellies became a trend when Kate Moss wore them to Glastonbury a few years ago.. I've seen many girls wearing them out when it's not raining. I actually think Hunter's look quite good and don't mind the hype. I might get a pair myself for F/W because judging from the last few years, there'll be more rain than snow..

Tags
rainboots