How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-03-2006
windowshopping

Rene Caovilla shoes
Hi.

I was wondering if people in this forum knew about the existence of the brand Rene Caovilla and what do you think about this brand.
I just bought a pair of sandals at www.footlux.com , and i told some of my friends, and they thought I was crazy cause they are very expensive and they had never heard of this brand.
I think Rene Caovillas shoes are amazing, too expensive i know, but they are like jewels. They are confortable and I think they are timeless.
What do you think?

07-03-2006
fashion insider

i think they are great shoes. i don't own any, but i have been following his designs for some time. i see them the same, like jewels. good for you

windowshopping

we're in the same boat! i recently discovered him as well but the sales associate at neiman-marcus said he's been around forever and used to design for valentino. anyway, here are the shoes i bought about a month ago:

and it totally feels like i'm wearing jewelry on my feet. the only problem is i need an outfit as special as the shoe! any suggestions?

ETA (edited to add): so sorry, i'm a new poster and i've already broken a rule! i didn't know i should've posted the source of my picture. the website where i got a picture of the shoe is www.renecaovilla.com from his spring collection.

Last edited by Shaiza; 08-03-2006 at 07:41 PM.
08-03-2006
fashion icon

Ahhhhh..... Renè Caovilla..... Although I don't own any, I'm definitely a big fan of his work..... He's been around for quite some time and his pieces are just amazing . His showroom and boutique in Milan are just beautiful.....

Source: www.renecaovilla.com and www.vogue.com.au

windowshopping

Shaiza, those are the shoes I bought!!!!
They are gorgeus, your outfit could be simple, wearing those shoes is enough.
If you like Rene Caovilla, try www.footlux.com , I looked at www.neimanmarcus.com and www.saksfithavenue.com , but their prices are around 150$ more... I am in love with another pair that have flowers and straps to tie around...

24-08-2006
windowshopping

They are greate! i have one pair of them and i love them a lot.
i think its one of the best brand!!!

25-08-2006
trendsetter

jewels for the feet

26-08-2006
front row

I love him. He is very underrated. His shoes are like the most delicate jewels for your feet ever. I have these shoes in the fuscha color. I love them. I don't wear them as much as i want though (they are too small, but i got them at a really good price, so i suffer for beauty).

Pic from Saks.com and google search engine.

I have the gold twist shoes (but mine are the fuscha color, that shoe, the pink one, is for color reference).

Also, look at how amazing that other one is with the jewelled sole! *drool* i wish i had that. it's so amazing and special.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rene.jpg (17.0 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg sole.jpg (11.2 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg color.jpg (1.3 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by satine112; 26-08-2006 at 09:29 PM.
26-08-2006
front row

ha! i found them on ebay. These are the exact ones that i have. Same heel and everything!

Pic from Ebay.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg myshoe2.jpg (39.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg myshoe.jpg (40.8 KB, 0 views)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
caovilla, rene, shoes