How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-09-2010
Meg
inspired contemplation

I was at the concession in Selfridges and it was great - very good customer service. I was debating between a couple of pairs but ended up getting nothing because I couldn't decide. They have quite a few cute heeled styles - I was just worried the toe box wasn't as stiff as I would like so it kind of looked like you just flung a chunky heel onto a ballet flat. I did try on a great pair of round toe heeled (with platforms) mules though and they were great - just not really what I was looking for. What I loved though was the comfy-ness of the sole - it was really 'bouncy' and flexible.

09-02-2011
scenester

I really want a pair of the classic ballet flats in black leather, but I don't know if I should get them in lambskin or calfskin..does anyone know if either type of leather is more durable or comfortable?
thanks

30-03-2011
fashion insider

Are the flats really as comfortable as rumoured? I've seen them irl, and while the leather is SO soft, I've been wondering if it's perhaps too thin? And when you walk, you'll be able to feel every rock and bump?

30-03-2011
V.I.P.

They're very thin and if I walk for many hours with them my feet get quite unhappy

fashion insider

^That's what I thought. The hunt for the perfect flats continues...

31-03-2011
rising star

There is not a lot to the bottom of them, but the leather around the foot is just the softest thing ever

They are the shoes I wear when my feet have been shredded by new shoes, as they are just therapy for my feet!

04-04-2011
Noblesse oblige

I can wear them a whole day without problems, but if you need something for really long walks, I would recommend to find a shoe with a padded insole.

04-04-2011
fashion insider

^How do Chanel/Lanvin flats compare?

06-04-2011
Noblesse oblige

^I don't think they are more comfortable, but they have thicker soles. For me Repetto is a perfect alternative to sandals when it is really hot, while I use my Lanvins when it is a bit colder. I don't own any Chanels - I tried them on in NYC, but they vary SO much in size - even if they are from the same collection. They are also pretty wide.

07-04-2011
fashion insider

^Oh that would actually be nice, because I have quite wide feet. Thanks for all the advice!

07-04-2011
Noblesse oblige

You are welcome
Repetto works with all kinds of widths since it is adjustable.

07-04-2011
fashion insider

^Interesting. I did try a pair in Magasin, just the plain leather ones and they feel so soft and did fit my feet perfectly but my concern was they wouldn't work for long walks.

07-04-2011
scenester

Repettos are so adorable, but the soles are so thin and the leather is so fine that they don't really work for long walks...

My go to flats (I walk about 4 miles every day) are Chanel, but I have to get them resoled every few months, ahah...

My sister prefers Repetto and I prefer Chanel-- once you break in a pair they are out of this world. I love them so much more than my old Repettos...

but my biggest fashion regret is still never buying this pair of highlighter pink patent Repetto flats. the shoes that got away

07-04-2011
scenester

and I agree with Judleberry, whenever my feet get gnarly from new flats, Repettos are just perfect for repairing them! so soft!

09-04-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarina View Post
^I don't think they are more comfortable, but they have thicker soles. For me Repetto is a perfect alternative to sandals when it is really hot, while I use my Lanvins when it is a bit colder. I don't own any Chanels - I tried them on in NYC, but they vary SO much in size - even if they are from the same collection. They are also pretty wide.
I've been meaning to get a nice pair of ballet flats for a while but always have trouble finding a pair that look nice on my wide feet. Repetto flats look ugly on my feet How much are Chanel flats normally?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
repetto, shoes