How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-01-2006
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akev44
My shoe closet is not something worth writing about but the attached one is a part of a shoe closet you can read about in http://www.queen-of-heels.de/en/. It belongs to a lovely german lady named Gina.
WOW! I don't have a wall in my house that big much less a closet! Awesome! And thanks for those who complimented my closet. I think my brother did a good job. He thought it was crazy at first, but now wants to do one for his fishing lures.

02-01-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akev44
...read about in http://www.queen-of-heels.de/en/. It belongs to a lovely german lady named Gina.
Does that "lady" look like she used to be a man to anyone else?

Great closet!

02-01-2006
front row

I keep all my good shoes in boxes and I just stack them in one of my closets. The rest (Converse, sandals, flip-flops, etc.) are just loose in my other closet beneath the rest of my clothes. More often than not, those are super unorganized, but I'm trying to keep them cleaner now.

02-01-2006
front row

prettyshoegal:
your closet is SO amazing!!!
i can spot ultra-fab manolos and louboutins...

if you don't mind, what is the "shoe count" on the pairs of manolos, louboutin, etc

02-01-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyshoegal
My wonderful brother just built a shoe closet for me right before Christmas with eight 6.5 feet shelves. The top shelf is flat for boots. My inspiration for the design was from the previously posted pic from "13 Going on 30" as well as Toni Collette's closet in the movie, "In Her Shoes". Before, they were all stacked in their original boxes with pics taped to the outside. I still have some stored like that in the top of another closet because I couldn't get them all in the shoe closet, but most are in their new "home" now. I am loving it! Here are a couple of pics...

Front view:

Angle view:
HOLY. I had to do a doubletake because I thought your shoe closet was from a movie, that is absolutely AMAZING. So organized... I love it!

02-01-2006
front row

Quote:
My shoe closet is not something worth writing about but the attached one is a part of a shoe closet you can read about in http://www.queen-of-heels.de/en/. It belongs to a lovely german lady named Gina.
hmmm... imelda marcos should see this

02-01-2006
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constance
prettyshoegal:
your closet is SO amazing!!!
i can spot ultra-fab manolos and louboutins...

if you don't mind, what is the "shoe count" on the pairs of manolos, louboutin, etc
Thanks! I haven't really counted (am afraid to ;-) but around 20 pair of Manolos, 10 pair of Louboutins, 5 pair of Choo, 5 pair of Gucci, etc. I have a lot of non-designer shoes too though. I'm not a shoe snob...if it's cute and well made, I'll buy it!

02-01-2006
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by mello_yello_jen
HOLY. I had to do a doubletake because I thought your shoe closet was from a movie, that is absolutely AMAZING. So organized... I love it!
I'll be sure to pass this along to my brother. He's enjoyed hearing the praises of his handiwork almost as much as I have been enjoying the closet. It actually cleared up a lot of space once I got rid of all the boxes they were stored in.

03-01-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyshoegal
My wonderful brother just built a shoe closet for me right before Christmas with eight 6.5 feet shelves. The top shelf is flat for boots. My inspiration for the design was from the previously posted pic from "13 Going on 30" as well as Toni Collette's closet in the movie, "In Her Shoes". Before, they were all stacked in their original boxes with pics taped to the outside. I still have some stored like that in the top of another closet because I couldn't get them all in the shoe closet, but most are in their new "home" now. I am loving it! Here are a couple of pics...

Front view:

Angle view:
And the angels sang down from the heavens!!!!!!!!

V.I.P.

prettyshoegal!!

lovely array of shoes and perfectly organised!!!!!

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
04-01-2006
backstage pass

PRETTY SHOE GAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! love love love your closet!!!!

I'm glad I provided atleast a little inspiration for your closet by posting that 13 going on 30 pic! I take 1% credit!

omg sooooo lovely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
your brother is so sweet!!

candicec

04-01-2006
backstage pass

thank you akey 44 for your link too!

candicec

04-01-2006
catch me if you can

I love this thread! Let's see some more shoe closet pics!

scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by candicec
PRETTY SHOE GAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! love love love your closet!!!!

I'm glad I provided atleast a little inspiration for your closet by posting that 13 going on 30 pic! I take 1% credit!

omg sooooo lovely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
your brother is so sweet!!

candicec
Thank you and yes, my brother is a real sweetie! If I had a whole room (and tons of money) to devote to a closet, it would look something like this pic from closetsbydesign.com, with a bigger shoe cabinet of course. I would probably skip the chandelier though. A girl can dream!

05-01-2006
front row

This thread gets me all jealous! I have a lot of shoes myself put the shel is one hot mess..I have to clean it up one of these days..

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
closets, shoe, thread