How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

30-01-2006
crossed wires.

their 'mousiness' quirky.

I actually think they're really sweet, and as long as you don't wear them with a old school mistress outfit and cane (in public ) I think they'd remain classic...I actually think they'd look better and more fresh when you're actually wearing them as opposed to in the picture.

30-01-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guessgirl96

The ones with the stones are too expensive, so I want to get one of these pairs. Which ones would you go for?
Great shoe GG...you have such good taste. I love the stone ones as well...how much are they?

and I say the first pair.

30-01-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeing_double
Great shoe GG...you have such good taste. I love the stone ones as well...how much are they?

and I say the first pair.
Thanks for the compliment

The ones with the stones are about $3700, they explained this is becuase they are real semi-precious stones. The rest of the shoes are between 800 and 1500, they also said the heel and the sole are some kind of special metal, I forgot the name they said. I've decided I like the first ones better too :-)

30-01-2006
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes
The shoe isn't too bad, but what's going on with the inner liner? Is it supposed to sag like that?
True, they don't appear to be in good repair. You could have that fixed, of course, if you're really in love with them ... I think they're pretty good as MJ shoes go.

Speaking of which, Quirky, yes, I think Their Mousiness is a classic by now

And GG, I'm thinking the slingbacks. As far as "real semi-precious stones" justifying that price--what bullshit, but I'm sure you know that I can't believe they're using anything that couldn't be found at a rock shop for < $50. Looks like jasper/agate kinda stuff, less valuable than turquoise I would think ...

30-01-2006
trendsetter

^Yes...it seems as if they were using real semi-precious stones, the price would be much, MUCH more.

30-01-2006
Power to the 99%

It's a $2200 difference in price from the high end of that lower range.

Semi-precious is just a really wide range of stones. It's anything that can be considered a gemstone but isn't one of the four precious gems--diamond, ruby, emerald, and sapphire. It's everything from quartz to jasper to opal. You can definitely spend more on a fine semi-precious stone than on a crappy precious one.

Maybe I'm just really missing the boat, but the stones on those shoes are opaque and nothing that would be wearable as a jewel (in my book anyway). They look like pretty stones you'd pick up on the beach (or another planet if you happened to be there). They look like Junior's rock collection, not $2200 worth of gemstones.

31-01-2006
tfs star

^^^^^^ ta-ta

Thanks for the comments,girls...the mouse moment has passed....

02-02-2006
V.I.P.

What about these wedge-pump things?

I really do like them so please don't be too cruel-

zappos

Last edited by stilettogirl84; 02-02-2006 at 01:15 AM.

02-02-2006
front row

Miu Miu Distressed Leather Boots
I like them, but what does everybody else think?

style.com, long ago

Are they on sale anywhere?

Last edited by virginia; 02-02-2006 at 01:36 AM.

02-02-2006
V.I.P.

I don't care for the sqareness of the toe and heel

02-02-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilettogirl84
I don't care for the sqareness of the toe and heel
The Miu Miu ones are like the cheaper cousin of these beautiful Burberry Prosum boots below. But they're more in my price range.

style.com

Last edited by virginia; 02-02-2006 at 01:45 AM.

02-02-2006
scenester

i can't find an exact picture of the shoe but they are the same designer, charles by charles david, but all black leather....no velvet piping or flower detail....all smooth black leather. what do you think?

pic from www.shoemall.com

02-02-2006
tfs star

Nay to the wedge pumps,stilettogirl... but you know,when I really love a shoe I actually get a kick out of people giving it funny looks . I'm way too Bolshy that way. You have to wear it;you decide.

virginia those red miu miu's are from 2001 if I'm not mistaken,and they were fab back then...if you like them for what they are,then get them,but if you're after something like the Burberry's,then they're no longer *quite* the right aesthetic...Nay from me too...

And Nay to the black platform pumps.

02-02-2006
Confused & Bewildered

Ya know, with so many of the yays/nays here we don't know [and I'm not asking] the age or personal style of the poster; we only see the item be asked about. Also, where they live and the 'community style' can play a role, even if it's a small one.

The black platform MaryJane pumps could be nice on the right person with the right outfit. Or, they could be really tacky.

I gotta say though, I don't see a 'good' side for the reddish brown boots.

02-02-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes
Ya know, with so many of the yays/nays here we don't know [and I'm not asking] the age or personal style of the poster; we only see the item be asked about. Also, where they live and the 'community style' can play a role, even if it's a small one.
This is very true . That is why it is always up to the original poster to take the opinions they get and make their own decision eventually.

I believe that somehow,in our hearts,we already know how we feel about things we post here before we do. I can't say I have ever really wanted something and not bought it due to opinions here,or that I've ever been encouraged to buy something that,deep down,I knew wasn't really right for me.

But sometimes there's just that tiny element of doubt,and it's reassuring to see/hear what other people think.

I actually usually use this thread in order that not to get that panicky "have I missed out? " feeling about an item I pass on,later .

And to help me justify the expense when I already know that i want something,but shouldn't really...

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, nay, shoes, yay