How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

22-09-2006
spoilt victorian child

^ Awww...

22-09-2006
botanizing on the asphalt

droogist-- that's very funny, because now i am thinking i prefer the nude color! the style looks very spring/summer to me, and i like to wear light shoes in warmer weather.
so, they run big you say? how big? the ones that are left are a 36.5, which is usually my size.

melt--thanks for the yay! He says in the listing there are "sizes available"--perhaps you could email him?

what is with all these cross-purchases?? do we all just have fantastically good taste?

22-09-2006
spoilt victorian child

Quote:
Originally Posted by laika
droogist-- that's very funny, because now i am thinking i prefer the nude color! the style looks very spring/summer to me, and i like to wear light shoes in warmer weather.
so, they run big you say? how big? the ones that are left are a 36.5, which is usually my size.
I think you'll be ok if that's your normal size, but if you are between sizes you should definitely size down. Chalayan shoes tend to run a half-size larger, but this shoe is a little tricky because of the woven bands. I'm normally a size 37 or 37.5, and bought a size 37; they feel a little loose, but they're not so loose that they fall off. I tried putting little half-insoles in them to see if that improved the fit, but after a few minutes of walking the bands started biting into my foot, so I decided that I'm better off wearing them loose.

If you're deciding between the beige and the black, I would go with the beige. The details really pop, and it's a lovely color besides - there's a soft pinkish tone to it that doesn't come through on the photo.

Quote:
what is with all these cross-purchases?? do we all just have fantastically good taste?
Well, duh! :p

22-09-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanne
tremorviolet please credit your picture or it will be deleted.
Oops, sorry 'bout that. Pic from Zappos.

22-09-2006

droogist, thanks so much! that was supremely helpful.
the deed is done--i got the 36 in beige (definitely agree with you about the color)
hmmmm...you sound like you have other chalayan shoes (she says, jealously)...lucky you! they are awfully hard to come by over here! Via Bus Stop had them for spring, but i missed the boat and all the small sizes were gone. i am keeping my fingers crossed that they get some for fall.

22-09-2006
spoilt victorian child

^ Well done! I'm glad I could help.

The A/W Chalayan shoes are effing amazing. I saw the collection in their showroom last season and actually had a small panic attack when I realized that there was absolutely no way I could buy them all. Gorgeous boots, gorgeous flats, gorgeous everything. And he did the perfect platform pump - I know, platform pumps are everywhere, but this was the perfect one. And the colors are just delicious.

22-09-2006
fashion icon

Maggie-yay those are too cute.

22-09-2006
fashion icon

i was thinking about getting these Marc Jacobs what do you think?

yoox.com

22-09-2006
V.I.P.

I like them, but if you're getting a classic style like that I'd get them from someone like manolo or choo-

Marc Jacobs does better with the trendy designs

Last edited by stilettogirl84; 22-09-2006 at 01:10 PM.

22-09-2006
PopWillEatItself

Quote:
Originally Posted by droogist
And he did the perfect platform pump - I know, platform pumps are everywhere, but this was the perfect one.
I know exactly what you are talking about!!!!

Quote:
melt--thanks for the yay! He says in the listing there are "sizes available"--perhaps you could email him?
Actually I took a look at his store and there wsn't any in that could possibly fit me... not even close... Do you think that I should e-mail him? I really love those shoes and I'm really looking for a pair of special flats...

22-09-2006
V.I.P.

maggie yes yes

22-09-2006
spoilt victorian child

Quote:
Originally Posted by melt977
Actually I took a look at his store and there wsn't any in that could possibly fit me... not even close... Do you think that I should e-mail him? I really love those shoes and I'm really looking for a pair of special flats...
Definitely email him. The first time he listed the shoes, he gave a full account of the sizes he had, and I know there were some bigger ones in there. Anyway it can't hurt to ask, can it?

22-09-2006
V.I.P.

I like these? Anything for a 19 y/o girl?

asos.com

Last edited by |PerfectTonight|; 22-09-2006 at 06:29 PM.

22-09-2006
front row

^ Yay to both

Last edited by maggiesze1; 22-09-2006 at 07:00 PM.

22-09-2006

droogist--you are killing me! VBS better have them.... but i fear the NY store is going down hill....I was in a few days ago, and the fall collection was pretty rubbish, with the exception of some nice Ann Dem pieces.
ugh, i am tortured now.....:p

melt--definitely contact him. that's how i got the 36

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, nay, shoes, yay