How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

26-07-2005
V.I.P.

Well, I see what Ania is saying...

Paris would definitely wear these, but I don't think that makes it a bad thing. She wears a lot of nice pieces. It's not really WHAT she wears, but HOW she wears it that makes it bad. If you were planning on wearing them with a tacky scarf mini-dress, then I'd definitely say Nay!

For me and my personal wardrobe, there a bit too tender of a pink. Very girly. But that's just me. It depends on what you need them for. If you want a versatile shoe, Nay. If you want a shoe for a night on the town with your man, then Yay. You can always add maturity to them by pairing them with a classic black dress or slacks and a satin/silk oxford.

Okay. I think I'll stop now. I'm not sure I'm being very helpful :p

Anyone else?

Last edited by Curious; 26-07-2005 at 06:45 PM.

26-07-2005
offline.

So i've definitely decided on the fog...

But something about the Parisian blue.. makes me love it... the bronze is also quite nice...

i just don't want to get the bronze and feel that metallics are overdone already...
I dunno..

26-07-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious
Well, I see what Ania is saying...

Paris would definitely wear these, but I don't think that makes it a bad thing. She wears a lot of nice pieces. It's not really WHAT she wears, but HOW she wears it that makes it bad. If you were planning on wearing them with a tacky scarf mini-dress, then I'd definitely say Nay!

For me and my personal wardrobe, there a bit too tender of a pink. Very girly. But that's just me. It depends on what you need them for. If you want a versatile shoe, Nay. If you want a shoe for a night on the town with your man, then Yay. You can always add maturity to them by pairing them with a classic black dress or slacks and a satin/silk oxford.

Okay. I think I'll stop now. I'm not sure I'm being very helpful :p

Anyone else?
Agreed in 100%

26-07-2005
V.I.P.

Papillon -- They're not really for me, but I still think they're cute. If they're cheap and you like them, go for it!

27-07-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papillon
I've adored these for awhile & my husband thinks they are sexy. I can get them now for a great price.

In your opinion(s) do you think they can only be worn for special occasions or do you think I can get away with wearing during the day? Too blingy for daytime? I can picture them looking great with denim jeans, just not sure about work attire.

Appreciate any opinion(s)!
Yay if you'd go with black pants, jeans and simple shirt, blouse etc. Otherwise it could be too much of a Xmas tree!

04-08-2005
rising star

Gah! Sorry I'm so late replying. Do people not realize I have shoe shopping to do???

I'm not upset at all with everyone's opinions, I truly appreciate the honesty.

I've decided against the shoes for now. Still think they're adorable, but I wouldn't get very much use out of them. Right now I need to concentrate on re-vamping my shoe wardrobe with some classics, then I can go for the unique ones for special occasions.

I've just ordered the black patent Manolo Blahik Mary Jane, have my name on the list for the black leather Christian Louboutin Clichy (may arrive as early as next week!). So I'm good to go with black pumps, although I would LOVE a pair of the black patent Louboutin YoYo peep toe or Voltige for dressier. Unfortunately, they are no where to be found.

Any thoughts on the Louboutin Helmut in white? Yay or Nay? Maybe I'll post this in the Louboutin thread too.

Thanks again everyone for the honest opinions!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Helmut White.jpg (111.9 KB, 10 views)

05-08-2005
spoilt victorian child

^ papillon - yay, yay, yay, yay, yay. Yay.

05-08-2005
daisy in my lazy eye

Yay!

05-08-2005
tfs star

I am lusting after these Martin Margiela boots...they are slouchy,but also sleek...the heel is not TOO high...they are not ubertrendy (but when is he? I just love him!) but they are cool...

The downside is that I cannot wear them with anything longer than knee length as they then make my calves look super-thick.(Of course I can wear trousers over or in them but no mid-calf stuff I mean).My calves are not thin but they are shapely.

I have not made up my mind as I am also lusting after some Chloe boots and some Ann Demeulemeester ones,and I can buy only one pair...

This store here now has one pair of the Margiela boots in my size and I haven't been able to fit the other two yet so I don't know whether to get these before they're gone,or wait for the others and risk them not being as nice and losing these!!

Which one has your vote?

(of course I have to decide for myself but some non-saleslady (oooh yes!! totally you!! MUST get them,dah-ling) input is welcome.)

I know these boots are very different too...and none of them will work with all clothing...oh these are life's great dilemma's....

Order of pics: 1) and 2) Margiela, 3) Demeulemeester and 4) Chloe
Attached Images
File Type: jpg margielaboots.jpg (5.0 KB, 316 views)
File Type: jpg marboots2.jpg (1.2 KB, 314 views)
File Type: jpg demboots.jpg (15.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg chloeboots2.jpg (7.0 KB, 316 views)

Last edited by QuirkyCool; 05-08-2005 at 06:49 AM.

05-08-2005
tfs star

^^^ Oh ok they have not been posted in the order in which they were uploaded LOl but whatever...The Margiela boots are in the bottom left.

Last edited by QuirkyCool; 05-08-2005 at 06:48 AM.

05-08-2005
Storm & Sommer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuirkyCool
^^^ Oh ok they have not been posted in the order in which they were uploaded LOl but whatever...The Margiela boots are in the bottom left.
For some reason thumbnail pictures will always be posted before image pictures (where the kb of the picture is so small the image is shown full size).

Difficult choice..since they are all great boots.

Q. Do you salt the roads in Holland during winter time ?
It wrecks havoc on some of my boots because I'm careless.. It's so annoying to have to bathe your boots in milk to get the salt off afterwards
If the roads are salted you might want to consider if there is any difference to how delicate the leather of the boots are

pinterest : hanneonpin

05-08-2005
backstage pass

papillion---Yay on the Louboutin Helmut in White
QuirkyCool-I would get those Margiela boots before they disappear. They are fabulous!

05-08-2005
V.I.P.

Quirk, my order of preference in these particular boots is Chloe, Margiela, Ann

05-08-2005
V.I.P.

yay for Chloe

05-08-2005
tfs star

Thanks to Ania,Hanne,Curious and fashion fix I was worried that the Chloe boots may be too narrow in the calf,but looking at NAP.com the Jimmy Choo boots,which look much skinnier,would fit my calves and these are a little slouchy too.

I am veering towards Chloe or Ann,or both....but more votes welcome

BTW I didn't notice them in my frenzy,but those white Louboutins are HOT!!!!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, nay, shoes, yay