How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

17-11-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dego
Since when has that have anything to do with what looks good?
''they look a bit outdated'' is a polite way of saying ''i dont like them''

17-11-2005
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dego
Since when has that have anything to do with what looks good?
I think that the idea of this thread is that you post and ask for members' opinions on certain shoes you are planning to buy. They then give you their honest opinions which you may choose to take seriously or to ignore,but which you always respect because you asked for it.

17-11-2005
scenester

Round-toed, not pointy.

The rest of either one of them is ok.

17-11-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr1819
Round-toed, not pointy.

The rest of either one of them is ok.
So how long will anyone here venture to wear somewhat pointed-toe basic black pumps? Is that on some giant 'no' list already? I'm still seeing a lot of them on otherwise well put together people.

17-11-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcb
So how long will anyone here venture to wear somewhat pointed-toe basic black pumps? Is that on some giant 'no' list already? I'm still seeing a lot of them on otherwise well put together people.
For me, never

I seriosly hate them. Most of the things I dont like have rare exceptions of when it looks nice, but this is the one thing I can never see myself wearing. Slightly poined but still rounded (like the moschino ankles boots I returned) I can deal with, but not super pointy.

I'm once again on the search on the perfect pair of ankle boots and I'm quite surprised how many pointy ones there are, almost more than rounded, if not more.

17-11-2005
backstage pass

Guessgirl96 - check the women's 2005 pre-fall shoe collection on marcjacobs.com
There are a pair of ankle boots with ruffle that you will ADORE (if you haven't seen them already).

I bought a black pair last month...I am so in love with myself (and the booties)...lol

17-11-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fezbatik
Guessgirl96 - check the women's 2005 pre-fall shoe collection on marcjacobs.com
There are a pair of ankle boots with ruffle that you will ADORE (if you haven't seen them already).

I bought a black pair last month...I am so in love with myself (and the booties)...lol
Ooo Thank you

I cant at school now, but will deifnaltey do so as soon as I get home. I voerall like marc jacobs shoes. There is a cute pair from marc by mj (slouchy suede ones with gold and black straps, most of you have seen them prabably), but they seem to be more for skirts than jeans.

17-11-2005
backstage pass

I'll look for a pic - I can't cut and paste the one off the website

17-11-2005
backstage pass

fez... the second pair over the first pair... the ruffle detail does not do it for me...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg coup d'etat 108.jpg (55.2 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by Legyviel; 02-05-2010 at 01:27 PM. Reason: image not showing

17-11-2005
backstage pass

I don't like super-pointy shoes either (as a personal choice), but in the throes of pointy-gone-amuk looks a few years ago I was having a pretty impossible time finding round-toed shoes and even my mother criticized round-toes as simply ugly when I told her of my troubles. I think she wears them now though!

So, anyway, I guess my point is (no pun intended), when something is not the trend it seems to be easier for people to see its flaws. But I think all toes have their place. On this particular shoe I think super-pointy is better than round (more dramatic), but I would have gone for a just little pointy myself, if I was the designer, just because of my own personal style preferences.

Last edited by Yasmin; 17-11-2005 at 02:34 PM.

17-11-2005
Power to the 99%

calexico, yay, those are great ... would wish for not *quite* so high a heel myself though ...

17-11-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fezbatik
found a pic on Ebay:
Thanks! Thy're pretty cute, best I've found so far.

17-11-2005
when the rats run riot

calexico, "yay" for the shoes! in that color, too...

17-11-2005
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guessgirl96
omg! Most frusterating thing ever just happend. I'm sure a few of you remember when I was deciding to keep or return the moschino ankle boots, I returned those and was looking for the versace ankle boots that I posted earlier. I called all the US boutiques until an SA in Versace NY said they have them, I got them in today, and they sent the wrong pair. A really ugly hooker looking pair, too. They dont have the ones I want and they only give store credit. Melson (the SA) said that the ones I described dont even excist, but they were on eluxury 2-3 weeks ago, and eluxury sells authenitc, current season items.

I'm going to fax a picture over and hope that he can help me find them somewhere else, maybe overseas. If not, what am I supposed to do with $950 store credit? I overall really even like Versace. So frusterating
That's so awful Guessgirl .I hope you manage to get the situation sorted out to your satisfaction.

17-11-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcb
i am not a fan of the pointy toe shoes i have never bought a pair in fact!

round toe and almond toe are so much more beautiful

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, nay, shoes, yay