How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

21-11-2005
V.I.P.

another nay...

21-11-2005
when the rats run riot

i would actually give it a "yay"... but not with that skirt

21-11-2005
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guessgirl96
You are right about me being rarley satisfied, you should see my buys vs returns record, I return about 80% of everything I buy. I guess it's becuase I like designer things, but becuase I'm not loaded I have to really like it to keep it for the price. eluxury had 2 returns of those versace ankle boots I liked, I just orderd a pair, hoping they will be the ones

Sorry fof the misunderstanding, I thought you were talking about the moschinos I used to have. I'm really curious to see that elle page now. Thanks for the tip!
Well, you spend quite a bit more than I do, and I rarely return anything Although in retrospect it would have been an excellent idea to return those Hollywould flats I've had endless problems with We all make mistakes

21-11-2005
girl who fell to earth

guessgirl i like both pairs of boots, but i would go with the first pair because the leather seems more wearable/durable, but the second pair looks more modern to me in terms of style so it depends on what you are going for . . .

21-11-2005
V.I.P.

Thank you everyone for your opinions I went witht hte first ones, hopfully they'll be nice in person.

Fashionista -- I would never guessed I spend more :-o We all definaltey make mistakes, I have quite a few things I with I would have returned that I'll eventualy eBay. Did you ever find that lanvin piece?

21-11-2005
windowshopping

or these!!!thanks!

21-11-2005
V.I.P.

first ones definaltey

21-11-2005
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guessgirl96
Thank you everyone for your opinions I went witht hte first ones, hopfully they'll be nice in person.

Fashionista -- I would never guessed I spend more :-o We all definaltey make mistakes, I have quite a few things I with I would have returned that I'll eventualy eBay. Did you ever find that lanvin piece?
Nope ... I've given up. It may well be that no one in the US bought it. (Posted in the new Gothic thread about what I bought instead.)

21-11-2005
V.I.P.

I went to check it out... Hope you are enjoying your coat!

21-11-2005
front row

reeev: definately the first. the second pair are awful...

21-11-2005
V.I.P.

I found another pair of boots I love, but would really like to avoid the reutrning hassle if possible. I'm wondering if you guys think these would be good worn over jeans on chunkier legs?

It's these balenciaga boots on the far right. Credit for the pic goes to findesicle, hope you dont mind

For those of you who haven't seen my other pics wshere I model the boot I've tried, heres a pic to show what I mean by "chuncky legs"

http://myspace-330.vo.llnwd.net/0011...10828330_l.jpg

And this is just another pic of the boots, from the nicole richie thread
Attached Images
File Type: bmp boots.bmp (328.2 KB, 2 views)

21-11-2005
backstage pass

reeev, another vote for the first pair.

GuessGirl, I would call those 'muscular calves'. chunky makes me think fat which your legs aren't... (I have no advice about those boots though, I can't really picture it well... I'm leaning towards might not look great...)

22-11-2005
tfs star

Guessgirl, I can't see the pic very well.But they look narrower than the Chloe boot which you'd also tried and which were a bit too tight (although a lot longer)...and the wedge heel is trendy for boots at the moment,but probably won't be around for a very long time.

All in all,Nay.

22-11-2005
tfs star

ooo guessgirl, i'm having chunky boot+chunky leg issues right now as well with the paddy boot (the long one with the straps).. i feel your pain

jeans really don't help the issue
but bc the boot is not as high, it probably won't reach over where the calf is widest, plus the ankle looks quite wide. if the buckles are adjustable then 'yay' - you won't have as much trouble with bunchy jeans if the rim is not as tight (i know you don't like that..)

if you like it, at least try it. its better than regretting it i think

22-11-2005
trendsetter

Yay for Chloe and Balenciaga!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, nay, shoes, yay