How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

29-11-2005
windowshopping

Have you seen n.d.c. new collection??

www.ndcmadebyhand.com

29-11-2005
V.I.P.

I got the Versace boots in today and am wondering weather or not I should keep them. On one leg I wore them over jeans, if I keep them I think I'll have them stretched a bit on the top so the jeans dont bulge out as much. On the other leg I have the jeans cuffed... yay or nay? Thank you very much for any feedback
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img_1194.jpg (44.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg img_1200.jpg (49.8 KB, 0 views)

30-11-2005
tfs star

I love the boots;they would be gorgeous with a knee length skirt,Guessgirl.or under your jeans.Dunno about them over the jeans,I must say,and I know that's what you're looking for....

30-11-2005
backstage pass

I like the look with the jeans cuffed: it's just quirky enough to draw attention to the boots in a good way. Besides, it's a lot easier to control (i.e. keep from bulging) than jeans tucked in.

30-11-2005
V.I.P.

I preffer the look witht he jeans cuffed as well, but though I would show the other just for variation. I actually like these, but now I'm back to desiding between these and the prada ankle boots. I know lots of people here dont like them, but I do :p

01-12-2005
urd
tfs star

my boyfriend is obsessed with these boots, and he wants to buy them for me for christmas. I'm not too thrilled... they are not my style and I don't know what I would wear with them.

opinions please, ignore that I said I don't really like them..

01-12-2005
V.I.P.

I dont like them either... Maybe just tell him you would preffer a different pair?

01-12-2005
tfs star

Ooooh....enormous NAY,Urd...we'll come and stage an intervention if necessary .
I agree with Guessgirl....tactfully suggest another pair you'd prefer....

01-12-2005
backstage pass

I feel they are goth/punk/cyberpunk style so it seems like you would need something quirky or edgy to go with those. Black is a dominant color in those wardrobes. They would go well with a very edgy little t-shirt (something with a very dark and bizarre sentiment) and most of all this sort of boot implies that you will have "edgy" hair (such as jagged cut, neon highlights or something like that.)

I have some goth/punk/edgy in me and even so, I wouldn't say those ^^ boots are really my style. They are really quite overdone with those giant and oddly shaped platforms (which is very common with most goth/punk clothes), which says "I'm still in highschool!!!!" (I am 25 so that would REALLY not be the statement to make.) But I do have some boots that do have the same kind of flavour (black kneeboots, less dramatic, but they are still what I would call "superwedges") and as long as I don't pair it up with MORE dramatics (say a skull t-shirt, thick black eyeliner, red lipstick and handcuffs!) I don't feel like I'm a clown. I go for a much more subtle, restrained take on the look I am expressing (ususaly punk-edgy with a touch of goth). By the way, I wear this to the appropriate events. Not just randomly to school or something.

The long and short of it is that if those boots are not to your taste you would be wearing them for his sake, and in that case you should find out what it is he likes about them (what style HE finds attractive, and then find something not-too-tacky from that style to wear). But it's not much of an xmas present if you don't like it so this is what I say

"Those boots are not really my style, but I can wear boots like that if you'd really like it. I won't wear them when you're not around, but we can go to (X appropriate event) and I'll wear them. What do you think they would look good with honey? .......... Hmm yes I could do that. It's not really "me", but it might be fun"

That should get the point across to him that while you're "game", this would be a selfish present on his part if he doesn't get you something *you* like too!!

PS. this might be more of a fetish of his in which case you might be able to get away with only wearing them at home

Last edited by Yasmin; 01-12-2005 at 02:40 PM.

01-12-2005
backstage pass

PS. My "edgy" boots (a little out of shape from being put away so long!)
I'm quite confident not a single person here will like them! But we all must have our fashion sins, no?

01-12-2005
front row

Although those are not my favorite style they are a necessary item in any girls closet! Yes I prefer the high slim heel, but when its raining bad or snowing I still want to be in my heels!

01-12-2005
tfs star

Yasmin somewhere on a continent far from here I have a couple of pairs of platform boots from the 90's...yours are pretty restrained,one could work with them,but the ones Urd posted are not....

01-12-2005
backstage pass

Megann - Well that platform wedge is 1.5 inches at its shortest and 4.5 inches at its tallest so I have never really thought of it as a normal boot to wear with my more conservative/classic stuff

Quirky - I kinda feel the same way b/c I wouldn't wear those boots Urd's boyfriend likes unless my boyfriend really really wanted me to. Maybe, Urd, you could sell your bf on a more restrained version.

Last edited by Yasmin; 01-12-2005 at 03:09 PM.

01-12-2005
front row

I find that that is my ultimate I've got to run around like crazy all day on the transit and it is snowing out boots!

01-12-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuirkyCool
I love the boots;they would be gorgeous with a knee length skirt,Guessgirl.or under your jeans.Dunno about them over the jeans,I must say,and I know that's what you're looking for....
you took the words right out of my mouth, Quirky!
You don't have to do the jeans under boots thing, gg. a skirt+boots is a good alternative, too

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, nay, shoes, yay