How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

18-03-2009
backstage pass

PinkPrincess113 - sorry but Nay , I don't like these shoes at all

18-03-2009
tfs star

Back again and ready to go!

Even with the wings, I'm not digging those Jeremy Scott sneakers. These are a Nay! My goodness... those aren't gold. Those are pyrite (fool's gold). No way I'd recommend those!

Now on to PinkPrincess113 looking for some royal shoes. I think this is an idea of "casual meets classy." I'm reminded of wallaby shoes. Wallabies (not the Australian national rugby team) are very simple with just a few laces. While they may look dorky, I'd give them a chance. So I'm going to Yay! these shoes. This is just something casual to try on while also looking for a hint of style. They don't seem too bad to me to not recommend them. If you don't like the ones you posted in Post #10,291, the next best thing would be to look for a pair of oxford pumps with a style similar to those. These are essentially oxford pumps, but you MIGHT want to find some more proper oxford pumps if those Chloe sneakers aren't too much to your liking. Either way, I'll show my approval for those.

Nay to the fool's gold sneakers and yay to the Chloe shoes. Dress with confidence!

18-03-2009
trendsetter

PinkPrincess113 - Nay! There's no way in hell I'd buy them if I were you...

18-03-2009
backstage pass

Nay.

18-03-2009
fashion icon

Nay- Pinkprincess

18-03-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyJG View Post
Ampop, I don't like them. The wings...the gold (on guys)...I find them really tacky. I would be kinda turned off if I saw a guy wearing them.. Sorry! I just prefer a cool/though yet a classic looking guy. Those shoes don't fit into that desciption. I guess you have a very different style so why listen to me?

That is exactly right Missy, I am young and I like to be original when it comes to dressing, life to short to be taken seriously and I never have gone by what the regular bunch thinks, I like adventure and to be a bit silly ... Love to grab attention. And not the bad type.

I do not think the shoes are in any way tacky, I am never tacky at all, and I look nice in practically anything ... ... But where I live there is a bunch of people who can't or don't even understand fashion ... it is all American Eagle and AF .. which I personally hate ... Be original and have balls to stand out. Why look all the same ... we are not little soldiers.

xoxo,
AmpopBoy.

18-03-2009
fashion insider

pink- nay to the brown laceups

Last edited by loverunway; 18-03-2009 at 03:01 PM.

18-03-2009
backstage pass

Pink nay on the loafer heel shoes. To me those are like something that would be featured in a fall sears catalogue. I thought the sneaker wedges were pretty cool though! You could probably find a cheaper version of those? Did you try steve madden or sketchers?

I have a bit of a dilemma with my Ann D triple lace boots. I bought the knee-high heel version - lucky ebay find - and I'm absolutely in love with them. However I had already bought the flat knee high version thinking I'd never find the heeled version. Part of me wants to keep the flat version as well for next winter. Part of me wants to ebay the flat version and get some nice spring stuff. Maybe I'll love another pair of boots by then? What should I do?

18-03-2009
fashion insider

Thanks for the info everyone! I think I was getting delusional last night for wanting some comfy oxford-like shoes.. Not getting them!

Anyway I did order the See by Chloe sneakers but I will be returning them.. not worth $215 to me but we will see how much customs will cost and the returning fee...

18-03-2009
tfs star

Anything to help. You know I'm here along with many others of us here on tFS, PinkPrincess113. Again, you could probably look for some oxfords if those wallaby-like oxford pumps weren't to your liking. Maybe a brown or natural-colored pair of oxford pumps. Or if you don't fancy oxfords, loafers are a laceless alternative. I rarely hear of or see loafers. Maybe I'm stuck in the mid-late 1990s (better than being stuck in the '80s)...

But anything to help!

18-03-2009
scenester

I'm thinking about these Fiorentini + Baker booties:

pics from ebay

yay or nay?

Last edited by jesspgh; 18-03-2009 at 11:22 PM.

18-03-2009
backstage pass

yay for the baker booties!

19-03-2009
windowshopping

Wot bout this

Y-3 for Adidas

19-03-2009
fashion insider

jess- YAY! definitelyyyy. love the heel

OK guys, I AM BACK YET AGAIN. i don't know what's wrong with me, i may have the urge to buy any shoe but once again i need your advice before i make the wrong choice!

or

both: ebay.com

I am really feeling flat oxfords right now. I just can't decide which one.. I like the texture of the 2nd one but I like the polished look of the first too.

19-03-2009
tfs star

yay to all the shoes above! =)

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, nay, shoes, yay