How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

21-03-2009
tfs star

First weekend of Spring (at least in my neck of the woods). Time to see what shoes have blossomed into the "Yay or Nay" thread...

I'm going to have to Nay! the flats in Post #10,351 for two reasons. The first is that open-toe and peep-toe flats aren't to my liking. I've always thought that open-toes and peep-toes were better meant for shoes with higher heels. It's a touch of elegance and style worst suited for flat or kitten heel shoes. The second reason is that those minute (as in small) cutouts around most of the flats aren't to my liking much either. Two wrongs don't make a right, and two nays don't make a yay. So I'm failing these.

Instead, I'd probably see some airy, yet stylish closed-toe flats instead. If you fancy peep-toes, perhaps try a wedge slip-on shoe with a peep-toe design. If you fancy airy and peep-toes, your best bet would be a pair of open-sided, open-toed or peep-toed pumps.

So there you are. Nay to the flats.

22-03-2009
backstage pass

milfbutsingle - nay... they look so rough.

22-03-2009
fashion insider

Milfbutsingle - nay

22-03-2009
rising star

Ok..thanks guys I love your opinions, but still show me something you are mentioning i should try! hehe

22-03-2009
front row

Milfbutsingle - nay nay nay!

22-03-2009
girl who fell to earth

nay to everything going back to the last page...

23-03-2009
front row

What about these ankle boots? I've been lusting over the perfect ankle boots for quite some time (2 years long enough?!), but I'm so picky about details, and 99% of ankle boots have a liiiitle something off about them... or they're too expensive. I actually like these a lot, but I'm still not entirely sure I want them because I envisioned having black ones. GAAAAH. Is this color versatile enough to go with everything (or lots of things)?

Pics from ebay

tell me what to do!!

23-03-2009
rising star

^^ The color will definitely go with a lot of things, but I have a personal bias against those types of bows/details on shoes. I don't know why, it just bothers me. But I've seen people wear shoes like this and they usually look okay. Personally, it's a nay (and also because I either go for really flat shoes or those with at least 3" heels, nothing in between).

I think I had the same problem when I was looking for my first pair of ankle boots. There were so many designs and colors, but I couldn't find the perfect one for me and my wardrobe. When you find the right pair for you, you'll know.

If you feel like the pair above goes well with your style and would fit perfectly into your wardrobe then, by all means, get it.

But if the color bothers you, you'll still be looking for those perfect black ankle boots! You won't be satisfied until you do, trust me

23-03-2009
tfs star

I don't mind the bow detail for the booties in post #10,360. Options, however, may be limited. I'll say Yay! because they look cute and have that delicious chocolate brown color. I'll leave it up to you to wear these in certain ways and pull some looks off. We're debating the shoes and not what fashion choices to go with. However, I like the boots.

23-03-2009
backstage pass

mousquerader - nay

23-03-2009
front row

Thanks guys! Cfrancesca, you're right, I won't be satisfied until I'm 100% happy with every detail. So I'm not getting these. I also figured I have enough shoes with little bows on them.

23-03-2009
Empire State of Mind

Nay to the ankle boots. Personally don't like the bow either. But when you are not sure about the color, don't get them. I'm sure you'll find a better pair that you'll be satisfied with.

23-03-2009
Noblesse oblige

Yay to both on this page.

23-03-2009
backstage pass

mousquerader - Nay , Nay , Nay !!!

23-03-2009
backstage pass

Mousquerader
I don't care for the bow and they don't look too fitting around the ankle, but if you wear them so that trouser hems cover the ankle part, then yay

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, nay, shoes, yay