How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

28-05-2009
windowshopping

Mbardot, Given your likes and so on, then I give these DMs a YAY. Always loved DMs way back to the punk days of my youth. Nice touch with the wing to give femme appeal. GFI

Last edited by hfmrok; 28-05-2009 at 08:02 AM.

28-05-2009
front row

Rosalyn, I kind of vote no on the multi color pumps. Only because they would be difficult to match things with. However, depending on you budget and their price go for them. Heck, there is one style sandal I liked with 5.25 inch heel with about a .5 inch platform with stones and leather and leopard print trim that have laces with feathers that were a sort of knock off of some St. Laurent, Laugerfied, or some such that I saw here. My wife said those are too high for her to wear out. I replied, that I did not buy them for her to wear out. I bought them to put on a shelf to display. :lol I really liked the 6" heel sandals and the peep toe pumps. They remind me of some I had that went with a satin French maids uniform I used to have except mine were pointy toe and had ankle straps. I won first prize at a local club. However, the master of ceremonies said I looked "too real". Zing I like those pumps. YAY! They aare classic with fun. Oh the Doc Martins I duno about them. I was never much of a Doc Martin fan. I was going to say they look like the middle age surburban housewives would buy to ride on her husbands' new Harley-Davidson motorcycle. I live in Washington, DC surburbs and men buying a Harley in their middle age crises is quite the fad. However, I saw some black ones with Betty Page instead of the wings that I would have bought for my wife if they had them in her size. So I say YAY if you like them and like Doc Martins. If you can afford them in white buy both or white now and black in the fall. I think the white ones in the summer could be very cute or not if you do not want them to be depending on what you wear with them. They are not too go-go either. I kind of like them better in the white especially for summer, but I always did like Punker girls. Cindy Lauper is the bomb as is Joan Jett.

28-05-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aradia-Renee View Post
Rosalyn, I kind of vote no on the multi color pumps. Only because they would be difficult to match things with. However, depending on you budget and their price go for them.
Thanks for the reply. I've decided against getting these, they're not really my kinda style but they caught my eye and so I thought I'd canvas opinion. I'm always looking to try new things/colours/ideas but don't wanna disgrace myself in the process!

28-05-2009
front row

I do not think they would be a disgrace. I like them a lot, but sometimes I do have quirky tastes. 2 of my favorite designers are Viviane Westwood and Betsy Johnson. And if I had been born a girl I would have dressed like Cindy Lauper back in the day...

28-05-2009
windowshopping

Thanks everyone for the feedback on the docs!

29-05-2009
front row

Well did you get the white ones yet?

29-05-2009
backstage pass

Nay for the pumps!

30-05-2009
Confused & Bewildered

mbardot Doc Marten's

Always NAY.

Always.

30-05-2009
front row

Thoughts on these Marc by Marc Jacobs flip flops?

Shopbop.com

30-05-2009
backstage pass

WhitleyGilbert - Yay to Jacobs , they are so cute & funny

30-05-2009
Confused & Bewildered

As long as they're not more than $2 or $3.

Flip-flops should never cost more than $5 or so.

30-05-2009
tfs star

Time to do some work.

For most people, the general rule is, "always Nay flip-flop/thong sandals." Even in the past, I haven't really hated these sandals. You can't really go one day without wearing or seeing a pair. We always tend to favor different in fashion, and you can't really make much difference with something as simple as a pair of flat flip-flop/thong sandals. But for the thongs in Post #10,912... this is different... good! Yay! Remember that I've never seriously hated these sandals. They are very artistic. Just looking at the very first picture provides the lovely image being portrayed. Even if anyone else nay's those sandals, you have to at least yay the creativity of these sandals.

So go beat the heat while looking great! Dress confidently, everyone!

31-05-2009
V.I.P.

yay for the MJ flip flops! really cute.

31-05-2009
V.I.P.

Yay for those Mark Jacob flipflops, so long as they're not stupidly expensive. They're really fun, seems a shame to put your feet in them!

31-05-2009
in the mood for love

yay to MJ flip-flops! (if not terribly expensive)

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, nay, shoes, yay