How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

22-07-2009
tfs star

Let me chat on those shoes in Post #208. These are very cute, and I am not seriously against the many openings in those pumps. Childish? Yes. Worth recommending? Yay! I do even like the burgundy color. Those pumps are cute with a naughty edge. Quite the sassy pair of pumps.

22-07-2009
trendsetter

For the last two: I like the boots, not the wedge sandal.

This isn't so much a yay or nay for the shoe but more a moral dilemma:

source: piperlime.com

I already loved them since they were full price. Even if you nay them I will still think they're hot. If this is illegal to ask here sorry, delete it, but my yays are that I love it, it is on sale for $170 and was $255 that is already a great sale and I have a 20% off coupon code. Plus the reviews were positive on comfort and leather quality. My nays are I am a student doing an unpaid summer internship (i.e. little disposable $ ) and really don't need another incredible pair of shoes and they still aren't exactly cheap enough enough that I don't have to think twice. But I am working hard and not getting paid! So yay or nay to the purchase? the coupon is only good for 2 days! Thanks for helping me with my problem.

22-07-2009
fashion insider

Hehe definitely sounds like my reasoning all the time So no worries! If you really feel strongly about the shoes and you can't LIVE without it, like you can see yourself wearing it with everything and you will get your money's worth... then go for it! Also you can't buy anything else afterwards!

22-07-2009
tfs star

So this yay or nay is on the PURCHASE of the sandals rather than the sandals themselves? I'd nay the sandals because I don't like them much. As for going out and getting these and your situation... this is confusing, so please forgive me. I'll have to Yay [the purchase]! here because if you like them and so much on getting these, then go get those shoes! I don't like those sandals to a recommendable level, but go with what makes you happy and comfortable.

22-07-2009
trendsetter

Haha I know it's not a thread for yaying and naying purchases, but thanks for your feedback nonetheless. I was hoping the responses would either reason with me to not buy them, or help me rationalize the purchase. So far it likes like I'm leaning towards getting them.....

eta: do we even have a thread for yaying and naying purchases?

Last edited by pinksatin; 22-07-2009 at 05:18 AM.

22-07-2009
V.I.P.

pinksatin yay

22-07-2009
V.I.P.

You'll live without a pair of shoes Pinksatin.
Can you wear them to work everyday for the rest of summer?
What do you do to destress from work...maybe 170 would be better spent on yoga classes to promote both mental and physical well being.

I understand in difficult situations ppl want to treat themselves and its individual about what "treats" make you fulfilled but I say with the little income you can find a "better" way to reward yourself but who am I to say a new shoe isn't rewarding thats where personal preference comes in.
All I'm saying is CHALLENGE YOURSELF, you may discover something new and exciting about yourself depending on how you decide to spend that money.

Sorry if I got too analytical everyone.

22-07-2009
front row

I would say YAY! to the purchase, but I have done that too many times and agree with her... However, I LOVE shoes to a festish point and those are really cute as are the red pumps, but you might rather enjoy something else more like yoga or socializing at a pub if you are over 21... Now I have to bite my tongue before I say what I really want to....

22-07-2009
front row

On a side note... there were times I was content staying home an enjoying the shoes...

22-07-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aradia-Renee View Post
On a side note... there were times I was content staying home an enjoying the shoes...
reading between the lines

22-07-2009
front row

Well you know sometimes you don't feel like going out, you just want to play dress up with a pretty dress and a pair of high heels.

22-07-2009
V.I.P.

Okaaaaayy... as this thread has gone totally off topic...

I'm wondering if anyone can yay/nay these please. I've got Tribute sandals in quite a few colours and varieties already, initially didn't like these but keep going back to the page so I guess something's captured my imagination.

Can anyone convince me either way?!

Image: Matches-Fashion
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ysl-w-203106-cdk00_leo_1.jpg (17.6 KB, 0 views)

22-07-2009
tfs star

Off-topic and now back on. Kind of like taking a dirt road before climbing back on the freeway. So let's steer her in the right direction down the tFS freeway!

Post #222 features high-heel platform sandals with animal print designs. I say that very few shoes can actually look great with animal prints. It would be an absolute yay without the prints, but it's a Yay! to me. Some would probably say this isn't very stylish or too (exotic dancer)-esque, but it's pretty cool for what it is. It's a sexy pair of sandals with some wild character. Show that you're queen of the Sussex jungle with these platforms, rosalynn!

That be all. Dress with confidence and ride down the road in style!

22-07-2009
front row

Quote:
Show that you're queen of the Sussex jungle with these platforms, rosalynn!
Yes Rosalyn...

Sorry.... sometimes I get sidetracked...

22-07-2009
fashion insider

rosalynn- omg YAY YAY YAY! i love ysl tribs a lot, they're so functional.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, nay, shoes, yay