How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

09-07-2009
blink once. blink twice.

zarina, yayyy.

09-07-2009
tfs star

This sounds more like "Yay or Nay, and Which?" for Post #68 and just a regular "Yay or Nay?" for Post #73. Time to weigh in.

The Carvela Women's Alexa shoe seems like a marriage of mary jane and oxford with a blocky, chunky heel. It's alright to me. I'm going to (slightly) Yay! those. I'd probably look for something a bit better and a bit more stylish than this. But if you're happy you're looking for this shoe, go right ahead. The "Beatrice" shoe from Lotus only gets a Nay! from me. I'd like this better if it were a pump with that crisscross design. But this is more like a cutout ankle boot, so I don't like this as much. If I had to choose, I'd go with the "Alexa" shoes out of those two.

Now on to Post #73 and the boots posted by Zarina. Stylish and cute are usually my two aspects for shoes (much different when talking homme shoes). In a crazy sort of way, I don't know why I'm thinking of pairing these with a nice short or mid-length sundress. Maybe just that sundress + boots combination inspired by Taylor Swift. But, never count out a simple pair of straight-leg jeans or some kind of bootcut/flare design. Either way, you got some Yay!-worthy boots. Not really cute, not stylish, but a pretty cool pair of boots.

Yay Alexa shoes, nay Beatrice shoes, and yay ankle boots! Dress with confidence!

09-07-2009
Noblesse oblige

Thanks everyone for the answers! Do you think they would look better in black? (I don't have a pic of the black ones, sorry).

10-07-2009
backstage pass

Thanks for your opinion! I think I'm going to wait and try to get a pair of shoes I really like instead of buying something I'm not really sure about.

10-07-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarina View Post
Thanks everyone for the answers! Do you think they would look better in black? (I don't have a pic of the black ones, sorry).
black is always safer choice but i really like the creamy brown that you posted

10-07-2009
backstage pass

Zarina- if the color in the pic is true, that is a nice brown.

"...insanity is thinking that you need something you don't have. The mere fact that you exist right now without that which you think you need is proof that you don't need it."-Byron Katie (<-DOESNT APPLY to SHOES) TheFitChick.com *~* TWITTER me

10-07-2009
Empire State of Mind

I third that. I really like that shade of brown.

10-07-2009
rising star

zarina, yey! brown looks more hmm authentic?! lol

10-07-2009
V.I.P.

asos boots yay or nay?

ASOS.COM

10-07-2009
Not Thinking About Time

^ YAY I would go with the bone color

Portfolio Last FM

10-07-2009
V.I.P.

gossiping - nay from me! sorry

10-07-2009
V.I.P.

gossiping nay for me, but if you get the bone it just about swings it into yayville

10-07-2009
Noblesse oblige

I bought the booties...

gossiping, nay sorry.

10-07-2009
tfs star

Open-toe boots make a return to "Shoes: Yay or Nay." Yay. Find out if I have a change of heart or not when I weigh in on those ASOS boots in Post #84.

I slightly nay'ed the last pair of open-toe boots. As for these... get ready for a first(?) from me- Absolute Yay! That's right. Absolute yay on a pair of open-toe boots. The buckles add a little toughness while the opening at the toes is very nice. I'm not crazy about open-toe boots. Much like how I'm usually not crazy over gladiator sandals. But when all is done right and the end result is something beautiful, you'd be a fool not to yay something like this. Now if only all open-toe boots were actually cute/stylish rather than trying too hard or overall ugly... Go show some UK style, gossiping!

NOW do you believe me that I try to be as positive as I can about looks and fashions I've disliked? And as always... dress with confidence and make a statement without saying anything!

10-07-2009
scenester

gossiping nay

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, nay, shoes, yay