How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

26-05-2010
fashion icon

cassanova, in order of preference:
grey
taupe
brown

26-05-2010
Empire State of Mind

I'm personally not a fan of sneakers and would nay them but if you really want a pair i'd go with the taupe color for summer or maybe grey.

26-05-2010
in the mood for love

mj - nay!
cassanova - i like them. I'd go with grey (i love anything grey) or light taupe for summer. Not a fan of brown

26-05-2010
backstage pass

mj- nay, & I DO like clogs

cassanova- yay, grey

"...insanity is thinking that you need something you don't have. The mere fact that you exist right now without that which you think you need is proof that you don't need it."-Byron Katie (<-DOESNT APPLY to SHOES) TheFitChick.com *~* TWITTER me

26-05-2010
windowshopping

cassanova- those are straight bensimons ripoffs! but they're cute, i'd go w. taupe, depending on what you'll be wearing with them. personally i'd revert to bensimons unless these offer more comfort.

mj- nay those are hideous, so sick of ruching!

vanessa- interesting, but will only last a season IMO.

26-05-2010
windowshopping

pliscon- those shoes are super hideous, i am not a fan of vulcanized soles. yuck! but they're practical, if that's what you're going for.

26-05-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poulain View Post
cassanova- those are straight bensimons ripoffs! but they're cute, i'd go w. taupe, depending on what you'll be wearing with them. personally i'd revert to bensimons unless these offer more comfort.
I already have a pair of navy blue Bensimons! I agree with you though, they are ripoffs, but my Bensimons are a little flimsy and the white part got dirty very fast. Maybe these are the same, who knows, but I want to try a new brand.
Thanks everyone for your helpful comments! I've decided to order the gray and light brown, and then I'll see which ones go with most of my wardrobe.

27-05-2010
tfs star

I'll weigh in briefly here. If you already got these shoes, then never mind my comments.

Post #50
My inclination is that if you really like them, vanessaxox, what's holding you back in getting these? You may really like these and these may be from weheartit.com, but I don't love these. Or at least, not enough to give approval. So I'll say Nay! It's a clash of blue/indigo, dark pink (or red?), and gold. Try as you might, this is a hot mess to me. Of course, it's up to you to get these or not.

Post #57
I don't really see what's been the driving force for clogs to be fashionable again. I've never hated clogs, but I was just wondering. Tab me for Yay! for those clogs. I think you've found the middle ground for clogs without high heels. I don't think you can really go wrong with those.

Post #59
Cute sneakers, to me, would be some sneaker-like skimmers. These sneakers here aren't bad in my view. So I'll go with a (moderate) Yay! here. If we're doing "Yay or Nay and Which?", I'd probably go with the pale brown colored sneakers.

Nay sandal boots, yay clogs, and moderate yay laceless sneakers. Dress and shop with confidence!

01-06-2010
Empire State of Mind

I'm looking for a shoe that's cream or light beige. What do you think about these Camilla Skovgaards?

pic: farfetch.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg camilla.jpg (41.1 KB, 1 views)

01-06-2010
fashion insider

Velony - nay, I actually wouldn't mind them apart from the sole, I think that part is horrible.

01-06-2010
V.I.P.

Thanks for your thoughts about the shoes i posted! i didn't get the EXACT ones. but i found some that were super similar- they were pretty pricey- but i love them !

i also love these! so cute!

weheartit.com

01-06-2010
V.I.P.

Velony - small yay, not quite used to the sole yet, either, but it's pretty quirky

01-06-2010
tfs star

Looks like a few more shoes have shown up here on tFS. Let me weigh in.

From my hiatus on tFS, I've historically hated any open-toe boots. I would have said "Absolute Nay!" to the boots in Post #69 and would have said something that I know would get me in trouble (or lynched on). One look at those open-toe wedge boots from Post #69, and I really think they could be much better. I know we've failed to agree on a lot of things, but I'm going to have to go Nay! to those. Don't see an eye doctor when I say this- I've seen better-looking open-toe boots than those. I don't hate those, they just aren't to my liking to where I'd praise them. I'd probably look for some slingback booties that have a cute peep-toe opening instead. Since those are wedges, maybe a pair of open-toe slingback wedges would be better than those.

I think I'm going to say Big Yay! to the animal print peep-toe pumps. If this was Goldlocks and the Three Bears, I'd say those pumps are just right. They aren't a nightmare of animal prints, and they have a lovely heel, lovely platform base, and nothing says cute like bows across the vamp. I "heart" it!

Nay open-toe boots, big yay peep-toe pumps! Dress and shop confidently!

02-06-2010
backstage pass

Velony -minor Nay

Vanessax0x- not sure if you are asking for yay/nay or simply saying you like 'em. If you really like them, it's always a yay.

"...insanity is thinking that you need something you don't have. The mere fact that you exist right now without that which you think you need is proof that you don't need it."-Byron Katie (<-DOESNT APPLY to SHOES) TheFitChick.com *~* TWITTER me

02-06-2010
front row

vanessa YAY

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, nay, shoes, yay