How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-12-2011
I don't know

^Yes!

14-12-2011
V.I.P.

if they make you smile why not

14-12-2011
girl who fell to earth

shoot! i stumbled upon them and on a whim have been entertaining the idea of getting them...

i think part of me was secretly hoping that you guys would hate them so that i could tell myself i was being crazy for wanting them :p

i'll let you know what the final decision turns out to be, but thanks for the opinions! very helpful

16-12-2011
tfs star

Three pairs of boots show up since my last post here. Let's do it.

* I actually like riding boots, so for the ones in Post #82, I say Yay (keep)! These look perfectly fine to wear with tights or jeans. I would prefer pants/jeans rather than tights, but entirely up to you.

* I love wedges, but not those (Post #84). Sorry... I'm going to have to (Moderate) Nay! these. The overall shape and style of them just don't appeal to me as much to praise them. They just don't connect with me.

* If the studded boots in Post #89 make you smile and tickle your fancy, help yourself to them. Those studded boots... make me want to find a blow torch (or a flame thrower) and permanently remove their ugliness from my photographic memory. I see no charming quality to these thanks in due part to the studded details on the shaft of these boots. Big Nay! from me on those boots. Someone took an otherwise nice pair of mid-calf shoes and thought it was a great idea to stud them up. Well, BAD IDEA!!! Leave these boots in the box or inventory they came from.

Yay riding boots, moderate nay pointed-toe wedge booties, and big nay studded mid-calf boots.

windowshopping

http://zappos.com

I'm not a fan of sparkly shoes (at all), but I thought these Steve Maddens would go with a grey pair of skinny jeans?

V.I.P.

sorry don't like em at all ^

21-12-2011
scenester

Shoes: Yay or Nay? #4
I'm looking for an over-the-knee boot that's got a flat or very low heel-something that's versatile that I can wear with tunics, skinny jeans, leggings and sweater dresses.

Here are the 3 I've narrowed it down to:

MIA brand:
*Least expensive of the 3. Like that it can be worn over the knee or under. Love the lace up back. Seems to be a little more casual though; not sure it would look as hot with sweater dresses??

Bakers brand:
*I think this one can be dressed up or down. Can be worn over the knee or under. Mid price range out of the 3.

Aldo brand:
*Most expensive of the 3. Seems a *little* bit better for dressy looks than casual. I think I like the look of this one the best. Unlike the other two, I don't think this one can be folded down, though, unfortunately.

^All of them are leather. I'm leaning towards the MIA one because it can be worn over the knee or under the knee (folded down), and it's the least expensive. I'm 5'1" by the way, and the last pair of over-the-knee boots I bought a few weeks ago I had to return because I have small legs and they bagged too much in the ankle. Plus they made my feet look way too long (bought them off Ebay), *and* they looked too much like "work boots":

backstage pass

Ceciliee, yay for something like new year's. I do think they would go well with any dark skinny jean. I find shoes like this odd when worn nowhere in particular though. Add a pink faux fur bag to complete a cringe-worthy look...

Life is Short
21-12-2011
V.I.P.

Ceciliee, yay for new years.

22-12-2011
in the mood for love

Ceciliee, I agree with what other have said. Yay for new years, but nay for every day for me.
zz, my faves are the Bakers pair, they seem elegant and versatile.

tfs star

So a pair of sparkly booties show up in Post #95. I am so used to a pair of black patent leather booties with the silhouette Post #95's boots provide. I approve of those by its silhouette alone I don't necessarily dislike them because of the sparkles. While I've gotten sick of skinny jeans, I'm like... if you want to pair these with skinnies, I don't really care. I'm tired of skinny jeans that I don't really care what shoes anybody pairs with them. I'm over skinny jeans much like I'm over ANYTHING involving tights and leggings. Anyhow, (Moderate) Yay! for these booties.

I'm guessing this is "Yay or Nay and Which?" for three boots in Post #97. The MIA Brand boots get a (Moderate) Yay! from me, I'm going to (Slight) Yay! the Bakers boots, and Yay! the Aldo boots even though I fail to find anything charming about any boots that go above the knees and can't be folded down. The Aldo boots have the best silhouette to me. I don't like the cuffed detail atop the shaft of the MIA boots. I would have liked something better to where I'd recommend them. So if I had to choose, I'd go with the Aldo boots.

I've yay'ed all four boots up for debate. Dress (and shop) confidently!

backstage pass

Hey everyone I have been wanting to get a pair boots for a while but could never find a right pair, then i came across these a couple of week ago.
I really like them but I'd also like to know your opinion on them too Namely your experience with Hudson and if they are true to size/colour?
TIA!

hudsonshoes.com
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen shot 2011-12-31 at 11.51.53.png (473.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Screen shot 2011-12-31 at 11.51.41.jpg (291.0 KB, 0 views)

01-01-2012
tfs star

^ i'd say yay , but im not sure about pairing them !

02-01-2012
scenester

Ceciliee: Yay, that would be an awesome clubbing shoe!

zz: Yay, especially the Aldo pair.

TK: Yay, but are those for work or play?

Is that a better shoe for skirts or trousers?

tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceciliee View Post
http://zappos.com

I'm not a fan of sparkly shoes (at all), but I thought these Steve Maddens would go with a grey pair of skinny jeans?
id say YAY for a casual night outing , i dont think they will be very useful though !

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, boots, nay, pics, shoes, yay