How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-06-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoni~Heiress
I cant fit into us 11 jimmy choos
jimmy choos run AT LEAST a full size small...

28-06-2006
front row

I find size 41 in pretty much all designers to fit like a 10 to 10.5 tops...people advertise it as size 11 but size 42 is really a size 11 from my experience

28-06-2006
V.I.P.

^ yeah thats about right

backstage pass

Well, I just found a pair of size 41 Manolos at a secondhand store for less than $50. And yes, I know I'll eventually have to get a picture up. This weekend, I'm also going to pick up a pair of size 42 Manolo pink thongs from another secondhand boutique, a pair that is practically new. The 42s weren't terribly big, either.

28-06-2006
V.I.P.

where do you find such a boutique?!?!?!? incredible finds

front row

I'm really glad I found this thread. Beeing 5'11 with a shoe size 42/11-12/8-9 I can really imagine how the most of you feel...
I love shoes and hate buying them. Even online, because most of the shoes tend to be smaller, don't fit properly. I have plenty of too small shoes...

Does anyone of you know where to buy fashionable not to expensive (around 100 EUR) shoes in europe from size 11 on? Most of the shops listet above don't ship to germany/europe.

Kind regards

fashion icon

On a differnet note - do you wear plaforms?
I have size 10 in platforms - Prada and Gucci and Gosh -- they look huge!!!!!!

26-02-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aris
no- even if I like them they just make my feet look huge

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by aris
I do. I love platform heels no matter how huge they make my feet look ^^;. I can only wear a 10 in them if their peep-toe or open toe. I have to wear an 11 if they'e closed toed.

25-08-2007
backstage pass

I have size 11 feet, its horrible!! trying to find shoes is such a pain @_@ : <

Push it to pop it!

i wear size 41 (11?) Diors...

although i don't really care what size they are... i'll squeeze into anything if i really want it.

I also have a size 38

30-12-2007
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkLadyLaw View Post
I find size 41 in pretty much all designers to fit like a 10 to 10.5 tops...people advertise it as size 11 but size 42 is really a size 11 from my experience
ironically if you go into any "fashionable" shoe shop in the UK they will now advertise a 41 as an 8 (US 10), however a proper shoe shop, and any international table will tell you a 42 is an 8 (US 10) and anyone that WEARS an 8 can easily tell!!

so today i tried on a load of "8"s (41) and amazingly one pair managed to get on my feet. i am currently sitting here attempting to stretch them. apart from that the last pair of shoes i've managed to buy in the past TWO YEARS was a pair of marios schwab sample shoes, because at least the models have reasonable size feet too!!

when we've tried to critisize shops for marking the shoes at the wrong size (we used to have hell finding me school shoes) people had the complete lack of manners to send us to the "larger ladies" stores, which are no good because i have narrow feet!!

honestly the response to "i wish i was as tall as you" or "i wish i had legs like yours" is YOU DON'T WANT TO DEAL WITH THE BOAT FEET

ahhhh rant over

31-12-2007
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraCampbell View Post
ironically if you go into any "fashionable" shoe shop in the UK they will now advertise a 41 as an 8 (US 10), however a proper shoe shop, and any international table will tell you a 42 is an 8 (US 10) and anyone that WEARS an 8 can easily tell!!

so today i tried on a load of "8"s (41) and amazingly one pair managed to get on my feet. i am currently sitting here attempting to stretch them. apart from that the last pair of shoes i've managed to buy in the past TWO YEARS was a pair of marios schwab sample shoes, because at least the models have reasonable size feet too!!

when we've tried to critisize shops for marking the shoes at the wrong size (we used to have hell finding me school shoes) people had the complete lack of manners to send us to the "larger ladies" stores, which are no good because i have narrow feet!!

honestly the response to "i wish i was as tall as you" or "i wish i had legs like yours" is YOU DON'T WANT TO DEAL WITH THE BOAT FEET

ahhhh rant over
Helloho same problem over here! But well hey Marios Schwab, how cool is that! I once found a fitting pair of Prada boots and nearly bought them because I was so happy finding fitting designershoes and nearly forgot that I didn't actually liked them

I usually buy Buffalo shoes or shoes of a shop called goertz over here in germany. Nothing too special, but at least QUITE fashionable. It's really painful!!!

I can totally relate to the "larger women" problem. My feet are quite narrow too. I just need LONG shoes, please! And by the way I had friends who were as tall as me with even similar long legs, with smaller feet. That's unfair! Their reply was, "you should be lucky having large feet so you will never have "disturbances of equilibrium"
HELLO???

rising star

see i completely understand that my feet are in proportion to my legs and blah, but if the population is getting taller, why not cater for that???

entertainingly a friend of mine (male) bought a pair of size 7 KG shoes for NYE at boombox because the heel was quite amazing. he's a 10. he literally SLICED various parts of the shoes so he could get into them.maybe that's what we should be doing...

19-01-2008
trendsetter

I am a 41/42 depending on designer/brand, Miu Miu and Chloe shoes in a size 42 fit me perfectly. Whereas Marc Jacobs even in a 42 run small.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
11, feet, size