How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-01-2005
front row

Ski boots.. worn as snow boots?
So I bought this pair of Emilio Pucci ski boots for a shoot. They came, and I fell in love with them. Now, I know they are SKI boots - but umm.. would they just be ok for wearing as snow boots? Meaning an investment boot for those days it might happen to snow! Would they just look horrible? Since they are ski boots, yes, they make my feet look big.. but I love them.. they are .

12-01-2005
fashion elite

I'm not personally into snowboots, moonboots and so on, but I guess you should just wear them, since you love them so much

12-01-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzydi
I'm not personally into snowboots, moonboots and so on, but I guess you should just wear them, since you love them so much
Me either! But then I opened the box and it was love at first sight. I guess I should...a bit of a splurge, but an investment!

12-01-2005
rising star

You should wear them. They look warm too. Its always good when you really fall in love with something you bought!

12-01-2005
front row

Umm, I love moonboots. I wear mine even when it isn't snowing.

Em

12-01-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaz
So I bought this pair of Emilio Pucci ski boots for a shoot. They came, and I fell in love with them. Now, I know they are SKI boots - but umm.. would they just be ok for wearing as snow boots? Meaning an investment boot for those days it might happen to snow! Would they just look horrible? Since they are ski boots, yes, they make my feet look big.. but I love them.. they are .

i really like them actually!!! you should definetely wear them around.

12-01-2005
living in the sprawl

I thought you meant ski boots.. like the ones with metal hooks on the front to fit in to the bindings and I was like NOOO when I wear my ski boots off my skis my toe always catches and I fall.. haha anyways back to the topic at hand

13-01-2005
blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointup
I thought you meant ski boots.. like the ones with metal hooks on the front to fit in to the bindings and I was like NOOO when I wear my ski boots off my skis my toe always catches and I fall.. haha anyways back to the topic at hand
yup i was also confused because she referred to those as "ski" boots...
(are these "snow" boots? )

but also back to the topic,

i think its fine to wear those as long as you wear them because you are actually cold. meaning, dont pair them with minis during winter, dont wear them when its not cold.. the huge PUCCI ribbon kinda bothers me, but the pucci print on the boots is rather nice...

13-01-2005
V.I.P.

i'm in the same boat as the last two. i think concerning those boots they can be considered with snow or ski according to how you're using the word ski.

13-01-2005
front row

Ah, sorry. Neiman Marcus had them listed as SKI boots so I was unsure.. and I won't be wearing them in the summer!

13-01-2005
front row

I saw wear them whenever, hwoever, with whatever you like

Em

25-01-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaz

Those are surely not ski boots. They look like snowboard boots. Ski boots look like this .....

Etc. Etc. Etc.
Get It?

29-01-2005
windowshopping

Exactly Heelguy
These are acutally, MOON BOOTS. I dont care what NM calls them they are NOT ski boots. These are purely "fashion" boots. Pucci and others copied style from the original makers of the Moon Boot, Technica in the late 70s early 80s(?). Am I showing my age here.

Being from the snow, I know these are DEFINITELY not ski boots and they should have never been called that. Perhaps it was misread and NM called them apres-ski?

Daughter loves these btw and wear them however and whenever you want (Just not on skis)!

03-02-2005
V.I.P.

i still want those puccis in yellow!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
boots, ski, snow, worn