How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-11-2006
tfs star

^ I love that shoe. Okay, I need this shoe in both colors!

www.stevemadden.com

02-11-2006
trendsetter

^^Those are cute!

03-11-2006
tfs star

^Thanks Karma for you!

trendsetter

Steve madden sale/clearance
I am a shoe freak.. Seriously I think I've collected hundreds of pairs over these last years and if it wasn't for my international moving I would currently own about 500 pairs.. had to cut down to a 100 and throw the rest (I KNOW i KNOW!! couldnt even sell them, had to move on a very short notice.. thank god all I saved were my favorite 100 plus my bags and outerwear). Not all my shoes are necessarily cheap, in fact some of them are very expensive but we all love a bargain don't we? Now.. I've been eyeing stevemadden's website for a while now, and get about a pair or two a week, but I've been noticing they keep changing their prices on their sale/clearance section? Has anyone else noticed this? Their prices fluctuate and it just keeps going UP and DOWN... For example, I bought these really cute boots (steve madden SHAKE IT) in black for 69.99 when they went down from regular price 199.99 to 99.99 and then 69.99 and that's when I grabbed the deal and now they are up again at full price at 199.99!! . What's the deal with this? I even saw a pair of slippers that went ALL the day DOWN to 7.99 and currently are posted at 19.99 and where 12.99 last week? and I'm talking about this in the past 2 to 3 weeks! Does anyone know what their pricing policy is? That are only a couple examples I can think of... among a lot more!

Last edited by socaligurl80; 12-06-2008 at 09:30 AM.
13-06-2008
tfs star

I go from praising Christian Louboutin's shoes... to showing a little love for Balenciaga. The shoes from the very first post have this kind of certain design. Almost like they are wedges, but not really. I've seen wedge shoes and sandals before that don't look like traditional wedges (I accidentally typed in "wedgies" instead of "wedge." Sorry!). Like those wedges that have a little defined heel at the back rather than a flat-bottomed shoe all around. I think wedges can be quite lovely, personally.
=
http://news.aol.com/story/_a/flood-p...12191009990001
=
I'm personally a fan of Steve Madden. I always talk about the now-discontinued(?) Binder shoe, a wedge shoe that highly resembles a vintage pair of sneakers. I noted it as something you get away with wearing office-appropriate clothes with and not have it seem like Casual Friday came a few days early. His style is a marriage of interesting shoe designs as well as a little aggression. I visited the Steve Madden website a few nights ago and saw some of the latest models. Some I liked, some I loathed. Yet still, I am a Steve Madden fan.

Individual shoe comments...

The Lalo peep-toe (Post #25) pumps have a nice feel to them in design. I'd probably like those in black best. I would probably wear these casually if I were a lady. I'd go with either of these two: (1) a black shirt with a denim skirt. Leggings are optional. (2) A colorful tunic paired with black capris or leggings. Both of these combinations inspired by a friend of mine who wears black high-heel, open-toe pumps with a wooden sole.

The Chloe sandals (Post #24) are a bit like the gladiator sandals, only something I could tolerate. I love wedges. I'm always told that wedges are easier to walk around in. So I'm sure you'll have plenty of options to dress up some nice sandals like those. I'd probably wear a red T-shirt, a denim skirt that hangs down to about mid-thigh or to the knees, and those Chloe sandals if I were a lady.

I've grown to like camouflage(?) prints on femme clothing whether as a top or on some bottoms. Unfortunately for leopard prints (Post #30), I haven't really liked leopard prints personally. Always thought they were tacky. The pumps themselves are fine. I just don't really like the leopard print.

Otherwise, I respect Steve Madden's work.

rising star

Bumping this thread! Im guessing the shoes have improved in the past two years because i just started wearing heels and my very first pair i could walk in were steve madden so ya know i have love for them!

And the first Gladiator WEDGES ive seen.

21-07-2008
front row

My Steve Madden Booties

Last edited by Legyviel; 25-09-2009 at 10:32 AM. Reason: adding a space between the images
21-07-2008
windowshopping

I keep returning to steve madden over and over. They are always reasonably priced, well made and follow the trends in shoes!

27-07-2008
front row

I love the newly posted shoes from SM. I think the second one is called Toga?

31-07-2008
trendsetter

I have my sights set at these for fall:

stevemadden.com

20-09-2009
fashion elite

Not gonna lie Steve Madden has some cute styles for this fall!

Fervent Boot

Hunny Boot

Cheryl Suede heel

Merriee Bootie

all from stevemadden.com

21-09-2009
rising star

My sister loves Steve Madden shoes. Due to such, I also end up liking them haha!

front row

I really like these...
http://www.stevemadden.com/item.aspx?id=49186&path=|womens%20shoes|womens%20p umps|

does anybody have them or has tried them on??

07-10-2009
fashion insider

^Those are cute. They should be comfortable because they're suede.

I'm loving a lot of their knee-high boots and platform pumps right now. Really drawn to suede pumps.. they're having a sale too!!

07-10-2009
front row

^^ i bought them in Raspberry Suede!! Here's a pic of me wearing them....

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
madden, steve