How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-06-2005
V.I.P.

Steve Madden
I bought these recently in white and red, like two, three weeks ago or something...

http://www.stevemadden.com/cgi-bin/S...709+1119094934

Good choice?

18-06-2005
V.I.P.

Umm...Do you have the receipt? Steve Madden's mens shoes are always very very bad, they occasionally have a good shoe here and there but that's one or two every season.

I like Steve Madden's womens shoes, they're really affordable designer knock-offs, but sometimes they choose the wrong designer to knock-off, like thier DSquared Cowgirl line of shoes, glitter and blue python...hideous.

18-06-2005
V.I.P.

Oops. They look vintage

*Surrenders

They feel like they're falling apart...

18-06-2005
windowshopping

they look a little ugly.but i spose they are comfy!

18-06-2005
backstage pass

sorry,I don't like them,to me look like dsquared sneakers that I always found horrible and disgusting

scenester

I usually reserve my Madden shopping for TJ Maxx, DSW and similar stores bc the craftmans ship can be a little iffy--if they're falling apart already you may want to take 'em back--the red,white,blue look a little too "distressed" (sp?) for me, I actually like the white and tan better

Last edited by Wixxxle; 18-06-2005 at 09:11 PM.
26-04-2006
tfs star

Ah steve madden, hate how their shoes are so OUT there and popular when they are the most uncomfortable ones on the market. Every pair I've bought have been so expensive and uncomfortable. I really don't understand why they are still so popular. I bought the rudins and they were uncomfortable. I bought their mocassains and those dug into the top of my foot. I bought heels and they killed my feet. Why did I do this you ask? Almost always out of desperation, and I didn't know online shopping was so easy and didn't know about zappos. I won't go back. What do you all think about these shoes?

trendsetter

I did some price research on Steve Madden shoes comparing Zappos.com and macys.com and I was surprised to discover that macys actually has slightly better prices. Zappos has a much bigger selection of Steve's shoes, but macys has a lot (clauson, rios, kisses, atikas, bair) and you will have around ten dollars price cut because, for example, the Rios sandal is $59 at zappos, but it's on sale at macys for $49, and so on. Maybe you can get these shoes cheaper somewhere else, but I thought this might be worth noting.

28-04-2006
tfs star

but zappos has free shipping both ways, in case you don't like it

front row

I love Steve Madden shoes. A lot of the Steven flip flops are really comfy and elegant enough to wear with an outfit. I used to work for one of the SM retail stores. Some of the shoes are way uncomfortable, I'll admit that, but most are pretty okay after you break them in.

28-04-2006
tfs star

I think a lot of them are very uncomfortable. I'm disappointed in that because they have so much potential

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoexgal
but zappos has free shipping both ways, in case you don't like it
Yes, that is true! And another thing in Zappos favor... I did not know this until just now. Those prices I was talking about (the ten-cut difference at Macys) expire April 30! I'm sorry about that! It was only for a month long sale happening at Macys. So stick with Zappos because the prices would normally be about the same!

30-04-2006
fashion elite

I usually get Steve Madden shoes for my work shoes.........as they are cheap and tend to fall apart rather quickly.

I spend my money on my "play" and casual shoes.

I just bought a pair of tan loafers that are SM from Zappos. So we'll see how they work out, should be here in a few days.

30-04-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianastar
I usually get Steve Madden shoes for my work shoes.........as they are cheap and tend to fall apart rather quickly.

I spend my money on my "play" and casual shoes.

I just bought a pair of tan loafers that are SM from Zappos. So we'll see how they work out, should be here in a few days.
Even less $ than Steve Madden, Clarks are excellent "work" shoes. They are cheaper than SM and, imho, they are better quality. Clarks are super-comfy and good support for your feet. They aren't as trendy and name-popular as SM, but I firmly believe they are much better shoes.

30-04-2006
tfs star

I should seriously kick myself but I'm craving these

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
madden, steve