How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-06-2012
Some Like It Hot

Tamara Mellon to Launch Eponymous Shoe Collection in 2013
Quote:
#fashionnews hearsay Tamara Mellon designing her very own shoe collection to be launched #2013 with plans to open stand-alone shops
*Twitter/carolinecbaker
Quote:
Tamara Mellon is designing a new shoe collection – a year after she made a fortune from the sale of her Jimmy Choo label.

The 44-year-old designer and mother of one sold her stake in Jimmy Choo to Australian luxury goods group Labelux for £85 million.

Now Tamara, is aiming to launch her eponymous line of shoes next year.

Sources close to the New York-based designer say plans for her first collection are at an advanced stage and that Tamara has been busy drawing elegant pairs of statuesque stilettos.

‘The idea is that the line will simply be called Tamara Mellon and she’s working on designs at the moment,’ says a source.
‘She has the concept all worked out and the idea is that she will be opening stand-alone shops. She’s really at a very advanced stage with the project.’

Tamara has dressed every famous foot in Hollywood.
Expect another cult following to accompany her new collection.
*Dailymail.co.uk

21-06-2012
girl who fell to earth

this news isn't surprising but it's definitely good news...
she was clearly the powerhouse behind jimmy choo's incredible success

i have no doubt her new line will do well

17-04-2013
flaunt the imperfection

thanks for the 'breaking news' via the twitterverse...

:p

any updates???

17-04-2013
Some Like It Hot

Well according to an article I read in relation to her Memoir being released in October this year that the brand she's launching will be a 'fashion and lifestyle brand' which some are speculating will coincide with the launch of the book but she has had to wait for her contract with Jimmy Choo to expire which ended in February of this year so the launch has been put on the back burner but I think more information will gradually be released soon.

Some Like It Hot

Quote:
Tamara Mellon’s Memoir Will Come Out in October

BY CHARLOTTE COWLES

You may recall that Tamara Mellon spent last year working on her memoir while she waited for her non-compete agreement with her former company, Jimmy Choo, to expire. Today Penguin announced that they've acquired the rights to the book, which will be titled In My Shoes — not to be confused with the Jennifer Weiner novel-turned-romantic comedy film starring Shirley MacLaine and Cameron Diaz, In Her Shoes. Co-written by author William Patrick, it'll come out on October 1. Here is Penguin's gripping synopsis:
Quote:
Mellon famously built Jimmy Choo into a billion-dollar fashion brand, yet it's her personal glamour that keeps her an object of global media fascination. Vogue photographed her wedding; Vanity Fair covered her divorce and the criminal trial that followed. Harper's Bazaar toured her London town house and her New York mansion, right down to the closets. And the Wall Street Journal hinted at the real red meat: the three private equity deals, the relentless battle between "the suits" and "the creatives," and Mellon's triumph against a brutally hostile takeover attempt.

In this candid memoir, she shares the whole larger-than-life story, with shocking insider detail that has never been presented anywhere.From her troubled childhood to her time as a young editor at Vogue, to her fifteen years leading Jimmy Choo, to her very public relationships, Mellon offers a gripping account of the episodes that have made her who she is today.
Meanwhile, the world is still awaiting the launch of her forthcoming eponymous lifestyle brand, which has already gotten quite a bit of press considering Mellon wasn't really allowed to talk about it. Perhaps its launch will dovetail with the book release? Mellon's non-compete contract expired in February, so an announcement must be coming soon.
*Nymag.com

Some Like It Hot

An old article from Grazia from 2011...
Quote:
Tamara Mellon has still not made any comment on her departure from Jimmy Choo – the luxury brand she has built from scratch through 15 years of hard work. However, the rumour mill is busy churning, and we hear from wwd that she has planned her next project – a lifestyle brand under her own name. Ooh! Apparently, ‘funding is already in place for a Tamara Mellon brand, but [there are no] further details or a timetable for a launch.’ Since her resignation was revealed on Sunday, Mellon has declined all requests for interviews, and she’s busy working in Brazil anyway.

The business model is apparently to create something like Tory Burch or Tom Ford’s labels– with a variety of product ranges, from apparel to accessories and cosmetics. Oooh! When they say that there is already funding in place – we should think so. Tamara Mellon appeared on the Sunday Times Rich List with a net worth of £150 million so she’s not short of a bob or two.

Another piece of speculation is that joining Tamara at her swanky new brand will be Josh Schulman, the CEO of Jimmy Choo, who ALSO announced his resignation from the company yesterday, and who will remain at the company for the time being until a successor is found in 2012.

Schulman, who joined Jimmy Choo in 2007, called his departure amicable: ‘I’m approaching a five-year milestone, and it was the right time to hand over to the next generation of Jimmy Choo management,’ he said. Huh! We’ll wait and see what happens. Schulman himself went on: ‘I have nothing to announce now. I’m going to take my time to explore new opportunities. I’ll be working with the Jimmy Choo team in the meantime, and helping to ensure an orderly transition.’
*Graziadaily.co.uk

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, collection, eponymous, launch, mellon, shoe, tamara