How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-06-2007
windowshopping

of Tapeet & Chunk Wedges
I'm in a chunky wedge frenzy - I am looking for Wedge platforms to go w/ jeans. Casual - NOT espadrille. I started at Zappos and several hundred dollars later I 've JUST realized that I can buy NEW shoes on ebay. I'm not sure why but I'd always assumed ebay wasn't a good place for shoes unless you wanted used ones.

The kind of wedge I'm seeking is NOT WOOD, NOT ESPADRILLE, either raffia-bound/ synthetic leather/ cork OK. I want a HIGH heel and a gentle slope, platform-style, the heel has to be chunky like kork-ease or tapeet. Because I am buying online and my feet are medium wide, I tend to go with thong style or look for shoes that *look* wide but it's hard to tell otherwise. Any tips on other brands?

Ladies my question is: if you have platform tapeets how do you find them? Are tapeets wide in general or on the narrow side? Are they comfortable? I plan to use these for long days of shopping on the streets (for more shoes) under jeans.

26-06-2007
flaunt the imperfection

never heard of tapeet ...
just looked it up...they remind me of chloe wedges...

they look wide and the leather seems soft so i am sure it would stretch too...
probably pretty comfy aside from the obvious danger of a twisted ankle that comes with any platform...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
chunk, tapeet, wedges