How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-06-2009
tfs star

Training Heels
So I decided I should buy my first pair of high heels. I recently turned 18 and I've never had high heels, because, well... my height is 1.82cm and I always was (and still am) taller than other people and I kind of feel complexed about it. I've got no idea how to walk with that damn thing, but I always wanted it... Can anyone please give me any advices? What models, shapes, colours or anything I should try? Thank you so much for the concern xx

27-06-2009
V.I.P.

This thread might help you: http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f48...shoes-993.html

As for what to buy, it depends on what you like, what your budget is etc. I wouldn't worry too much about your height, many people would be jealous (I'm only 5'2")

27-06-2009
tfs star

Money wouldn't really be the problem since I live in Lithuania (north Europe) and things are generally cheaper here (so far.)
I wear various things, jeans and tops mostly, but I love dresses and classical jackets as well, the thing is, I wear glasses so not everything goes well with those.
The thing is, is there any possible way to find heels that would go both with dress and tight classical jeans?

27-06-2009
V.I.P.

In that case I'll nominate the YSL Tribute. They are brilliant and go with anything. I have numerous pairs (sandals and pumps) and have worn them with outfits ranging from trousers to dresses, casual to formal.

They're also high, but with the platform very comfortable and easy to walk in. Get them in patent black and you'll struggle to find an outfit they don't go with.

28-06-2009
in the mood for love

I would suggest starting with kitten heels and then then going up in heel hight when you feel more comfortable...
Also choose a style with straps around the ankle, they're easier than pumps (at least to me).
Zara has lovely designs, just make sure that the shoes are comfortable... and wear the heels at home first before heading outside!
Good luck!

a hymn to darkness

I would do a stacked-heel with a substantial platform... they're a breeze to walk in, imo...

mie
scenester

^ Yes yes. I don't find kitten heels easier to walk in than heels, though.

28-06-2009
V.I.P.

I went straight into 4" heels and haven't ever really struggled but I think it's because I've always done dance that's helped because my sense of balance (even on the balls of my feet) is so good. The easiest heels I find to walk in though are platforms and my YSL Tribs are probably the best shoes I own in terms of comfort vs height vs sexiness

28-06-2009
tfs star

Thank you so much for advices!
Kitten heels are very lovely looking, they give out such a nice girly image... I'm still kind of afraid of platforms, but they look supah gorgeus too!
I was thinking of something like this actually:

I don't mean THESE shoes in particular, but the shape looks very attractive to me...

28-06-2009
V.I.P.

Don't normally like kitten heels TBH but those shoes you posted are pretty cute actually (don't forget you need to credit photos that you post tho )

29-06-2009
tfs star

Oh sorry, those shoes are from danija.lt
I went to that shop today, but there only were sand colour and dark brown, no white

31-07-2009
windowshopping

Aqua,

1.82 is a wonderful height to be. Do not listen to anyone telling you that you are too tall to wear high heels - total and utter rubbish because they know you will just look drop dead gorgeous in heels. Take you time, maybe worth reading through this website http://web.archive.org/web/200002291...up/wearing.htm

I would suggest around a 7-8cm heel to start. You get the hang of them in no time, but take care with the platforms. The thicker they are, the harder they are. Many a model has come to grief in platforms. You won't get too much elevation after 8cm heels anyway, its the physical shape of the foot. 5" heels will only give you about 3.75". The bit that raises you is the distance between the ball of your foot and the ankle joint. All a hiogher heel does is make it harder for you to walk. Key is practice practice practice.

Update us on this thread with how you get on. Another place to get some tips is http://www.hhplace.org and go to the girls section. The ladies there love their high heels

03-08-2009
tfs star

Thank you so much for the advices!
The "How To Wear High Heels Successfully" was also a big help, thank you

So finally I thought I wouldn't go too crazy with glamurous shoes and bought these:

They have got that "summerish" vibe because of the lace but I also find them very appealing to various clothes. And they're not that hard to wlak in! I mean compared to the others that I've tried....

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
heels, training