How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-12-2003
V.I.P.

Apparently Over the Rainbow in Yorkville sells them as well.

30-12-2003
windowshopping

You can try fantasticfleece.com these are ugg boots but not UGG brand. Not all sizes and styles in stock but more coming in late January

30-12-2003
scenester

Ugg boots are soooooo comfy..I could walk around the world in them!

try calling this place http://www.sohoshoes.com/index.html

Their located in North Carolina but will ship to you. I recently(maybe 3 weeks ago) purchased a pair of ugg classic short in sand for my sister and the price was $110.

Ebay is definitely NOT worth it..they sell them for around $300-$400 a pair

31-12-2003
rising star

they have them at NORDSTROM

06-01-2004
front row

As previously hinted at, in Australia and New Zealand sheepskin boots (which have been around down here for decades) are known as ugg boots - we do not differentiate by brand. There just happens to be a brand called UGG but there is little difference between these and other New Zealand/Australian made sheepskin boots - save for the label on the back of the heel!!! For some reason the UGG brand has become a household name outside of Australasia and thus the great demand for them.

If you don't want to wait until April of this year for UGG stock and are looking for a comfortable sheepskin ugg boot in tan or walnut (baby pink/baby blue coming soon) check out:::

http://www.miwoolies.com

Ugg boots for men and women are available - a great range of styles in varying heights with a choice of sole, lace-up ugg boots, ugg boots with possum-fur trim.

Prices are extremely reasonable - around $US70 for the shortest boot.

Hope this helps!

07-01-2004
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally posted by ashleyms32@Dec 31st, 2003 - 3:15 pm
they have them at NORDSTROM
I actually doubt that you'll be able to find any at Nordstrom. I was at the one in Rhode Island last weekend and I over heard a salesperson saying how they maybe have three pairs total in the store. It may just be that store, but I'd guess its pretty similar in the other ones. She also said they won't be getting any until July. Luckily Uggs are supposed to act like Air Conditioners in the summer

07-01-2004
tgp
fashion elite

I have the sand uggs and I don't know how to clean them. The web site only tells about the protector you can buy, but not how to get them clean. Anyone know what to do? thanks

07-01-2004
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally posted by tgp@Jan 7th, 2004 - 3:42 pm
I have the sand uggs and I don't know how to clean them. The web site only tells about the protector you can buy, but not how to get them clean. Anyone know what to do? thanks
i dont know but can i add something else about uggs that I am so pissed off about!? i was sitting with my legs crossed and noticed what I thought was a tear near the heel....and i looked and realized the entire shoe at the heel has torn away from the sole. NICE!!! huh?

now back to cleaning - i would get some suede/leather cleaner.....

07-01-2004
Naturellement pulpeuse

If they're suede you need a suede brush...if they're very dirty you need to take them to a professional leather-cleaner...

slightly dizzy

You buy a suede brush. There are different kinds, but the most common have like thick, folded rubber for "bristles" and some actual bristles at the side so you can reach along the sole or whatever. If you have really bad stains or something, you would probably use a suede "eraser", kind of like a pumice stone.

You could probably just use a regular shoe brush if they are merely dusty, sort of.

It is a very good idea to use some kind of spray to make them water and dirt repellant before you ever use them.

V.I.P.

an eraser/rubber for pencils?!! that should work quite well

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
07-01-2004
paint it black

I use a suede brush and it works pretty well. Also, water repellent is used religiously in this house

07-01-2004
front row

I sprayed mine with waterproofing spray and just tried a suede eraser on mine yesterday - - - it was great! It even got rid of some water stains I had on my boots from last winter.

07-01-2004
front row

It's funny because when UGGs became popular I would get soooooo many Americans coming into work asking if we sell ugg boots - to which I would reply "yes" and then they would get angry because they "weren't real uggs". I had NO idea that there was actually a BRAND called ugg... What's next? Somebody selling socks under the name "Socks" and confusing people everywhere who apparently sell "knock-off" socks???

07-01-2004
scenester

does the protector actually work? what brands would you recommend? Does it have to be from "uggs"?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
uggs