How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-03-2004
scenester

Suzi,

This helps a lot!! I don't want to wear really high heels. I want to wear 4 inch heels all day, every day at work because I think they look smart and professional. The mistake I have been making is that when I get home and my feet hurt, I change into flats. What I guess I should really do is change into 5 or 6 inch heels to challenege my feet. I am worried that this will hurt a lot, but it will be worth it if it makes my 4 -inch heels easy.

Could you recommend any 5 or 6 inch heels that would be useful for this?

Thanks,
Charlotte

10-03-2004
rising star

I started and about 11 with really short heels and move to high chunky heels and the skinny short ones and now I wan wear stilhetto type heals with no problem at all...I can run in them if need be (does not happen often).

10-03-2004
rising star

I have a range of heel heights from 2 to 4 inch. I tend to wear 2-3 inch a lot as they are the best compromise between style and comfort. One thing I wont do is risk damaging my feet for fashion.

10-03-2004
rising star

Charlotte,

So glad I could help. We fashionistas have to stick together, right? I think you might be a little uncomfortable with the higher heels for the first few times but your feet will soon get used to them and besides the lower heels will feel so much easier the rest of the day!

There are a lot of places on the net to buy pumps with locking ankle straps and 5 or 6" high heels. Two of my favorites websites are www.veronicas.com and www.howcool.com (look in the ellies section).

You may not want to wear really high heels now but once you start training your feet I bet you will change your mind. The extra inch or two looks so much sexier and does incredible things for your legs! Trust me, it's worth it!

12-03-2004
scenester

Thanks Suzi,

I am going to go for it. I really want my legs to look long and toned and sexy! No pain, no gain, eh?

Charlotte

12-03-2004
rising star

Charlotte,

Glad I could help! Let me know how you're doing or if you need any more hints. There are probably lots of little heel tricks we could share.

23-03-2004
flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally posted by suzi_stiltz@Mar 9th, 2004 - 2:25 pm
Meg-ann,

Sleeping in heels is pretty easy once you get used to it. The first few nights they seem to want to catch in the sheets. When I first started doing this my mom told me to tape little balls of cotton on the ends of the heels so they wouldn't do this. I don't need to do that anymore. I think my brain just knows I am wearing heels now or something.

Of course it is best to use heels with ankle straps to make sure they stay on all night. My b/f has bought me pumps with locks on the ankle straps in 6", 7" and ballet heel styles so now I'm ready for anything.

I find that wearing hose with the heels makes it easier to sleep in them too. I guess pantyhose would work too but I personally never wear them - too restricting.

Other than that it's simple. If you want to wear 5" heels tomorrow just put the 6" ones on when you get home from work and wear them till you get up the next day. If you want to wear 6" heels tomorrow just put the 7" ones on when you get home from work and wear them till you get up the next day. If you want to wear 7" heels tomorrow (which I only do for very special occasions - parties, weddings, etc.) just put the ballet heel ones on when you get home from work and wear them till you get up the next day.

After awhile you will see that this makes all your heels much easier to wear all day at work.

Hope this helps.

Suzi
honest question intended with no malice towards anyone...

can someone please enlighten me?...

i'm sorry, but i am fascinated by this...i have never heard of anyone doing this before and i dress people for a living..so i kow all the tricks...at least i thought i did...has anyone else tried this or heard of it...what do you think?...

it does sound like something that maybe a beauty pageant contestant might do... they put vaseline on their teeth and hairspray on their butts, so sleeping in heels doesn't sound so odd in that context...

honestly, no offfense, but it does seem like it could cause some permanent damage to your feet, no?

i'm just wondering how come i've never heard of this in all my grown years?...
any thoughts?

23-03-2004
V.I.P.

this is so entertaining
but i wouldnt recommend anyone do the same at home SUZI:
OUCH

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
23-03-2004
trendsetter

Suzi
if you only knew the havoc it causes to your hips, knees, achilles tendons and everything in between.

23-12-2010
rising star

So I know I'm sort of reviving a thread of 6 years ago, but I have a question as to what is the "proper" way of walking in high heels.
I've heard someone say that in modeling class, they were taught to land toes-first. I've heard the balls of the feet first. Also, most commonly, heels first.
What do you guys use, and what do the fashion models use?
I watched some videos of them but I can't seem to pinpoint how they're walking/landing.
Thanks!

PS - I'm also only a beginner, I suppose you could say, since I've only worn heels like twice; (middle school grad and Christmas play.) I plan on (in the future, when I have a job) wearing heels a lot though, once I buy more than the one pair I own. LOL.

rising star

Thanks for reviving this thread JulieTao.
unfortunatly, I can't help you. I wear only small heels (no more than 7 cm or I feel unconfortable) but I'd like to walk in stilettos one day.
On a side note, is there a method to walk in high heel in the snow ?
Or maybe, the more reasonnable thing to do is to wear flat heel in this condition...

23-12-2010
backstage pass

I've been wearing heels for ages, and I still look silly walking in them. Anyone know why some people can wear stripper shoes like they're sneakers, and others can barely wear 3" heels? I wonder if it has to do with the shape of the foot/toes.

23-12-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieTao View Post
So I know I'm sort of reviving a thread of 6 years ago, but I have a question as to what is the "proper" way of walking in high heels.
I've heard someone say that in modeling class, they were taught to land toes-first. I've heard the balls of the feet first. Also, most commonly, heels first.
What do you guys use, and what do the fashion models use?
No matter what anyone says, ALWAYS HEEL FIRST!

23-12-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dego View Post
No matter what anyone says, ALWAYS HEEL FIRST!
I second this!

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underage View Post
I've been wearing heels for ages, and I still look silly walking in them. Anyone know why some people can wear stripper shoes like they're sneakers, and others can barely wear 3" heels? I wonder if it has to do with the shape of the foot/toes.
I always thought people just got better at it the more they walk in high heels.. This was the case with me at least! :p

But apparently it isn't always the case.. So maybe it does have to do with the shape of the foot... I don't know...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
heels, high, walking