How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-11-2005
V.I.P.

...also, it's the only boots (that i can think of) that doesn't required you to wear socks. That's why you see celebs in Sunny California wearing UGGS in the middle of the summer. But overall, I much prefer to wear the authentic Military Boots. Why? Because they are designed to withstand wear and tear in ALL conditions. The military doesn't wear them for nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruveechik
Ugg-type boot (or EMUs) with the genuine Shearling lining - will keep your feet warm.

Since they may most likely be suede exterior - they will not keep your feet dry (for long).

You may wear Uggs/Emus on dry crisp days or snowy days that are so cold that the snow will not melt. If you're in the city, the snow will melt b/c of salt/sand treatments.

You're better off getting either a leather boot exterior that's been Shearling lined - or some other sort of really warm lining -

OR

you can get sheepskin exterior or maybe even suede exterior - as long as it has been fully treated by the manufacturer and definitely waterproof/weatherproof.

B4 i bought my La Canadienne boot (see above) i bought an awesome pair of boots from Town shoes and from Aldo - they had great grips, were genuine leather and were lined with a synthetic extra warm lining. To keep your feet warmer, you can get a shearling insole as well. i've tried Sorel (synthetic) boots - and they leaked! Ditto for all other synthetic boots i bought before.

04-11-2005
trendsetter

Miu Miu FW 05...they have a shearling lining

netaporter.com

05-11-2005
V.I.P.

Those boots are beautiful. ^^^^

05-11-2005
backstage pass

mmmm bella!
i wouldn't be able to manage w/ them in our slushy/icy winters though
but gorgeous boots they are!

one two three

Some of the new Ugg styles Some are OK, but I prefer the regular style in chestnut or black...no baby pink for me, thanks. Canadian winters require some kind of heavy boot though, so unfortunately Uggs, Mukluks, and Moon Boots are sometimes our only options.

emocs.com

06-11-2005
backstage pass

lovely! i'd totally get those - love the one w/ pockets & the tall in plum!

only thing: just how waterproof they are when it's super slushy?
and - last time i tried a pair - didn't give me the foot/ankle support i need.

i'd totally get a pair to monkey around in when going to the corner store --
and another to wear indoors when my wood floors get soooo cold in winter.

scenester

i love the new lace up uggs. Im definately getting a pair

07-11-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by //LATTE//
i love the new lace up uggs. Im definately getting a pair
do you mean the ones worn by sienna miller? i have to admit, i thought they looked cute on her; i even considered ordering a pair but i'm glad i didn't because i saw a woman on the street wearing them this weekend and they looked so bulky! plus i'm short and i don't think i'd be able to pull them off.

08-11-2005
windowshopping

yay, got some weird brand new tan ecco boots from thriftstore, looking like a bastard child of frye's and cowboy boots.

but for (about) $2.5 and wool lining (its freezing round here in winter) im beyond satisfied.

14-11-2005
front row

i got my boots from alloy.com and they were so warm, i cant wear them again until its really cold (i wore them when it was 50 degrees out F) i'll wait for ice and snow. i dont even feel bad when i step in a puddle as they were only $40!

Last edited by splatooey; 14-11-2005 at 06:31 PM.
27-11-2005
backstage pass

Happy Update on La Canadienne Boots
Quote:
Originally Posted by gruveechik
La Canadienne site: http://www.lacanadienne.ca/lacanadienne_eng.html

Nordstrom:
http://store.nordstrom.com/product/p...=keywordsearch

La Canadienne ´Alice´ Boot
Water-resistant shearling silhouette features stylish lace detail, while waterproof leather on the foot ensures you'll stay dry and cozy. Rubber lug sole provides traction on snowy slopes or icy streets.•Approx. heel height: 1 1/2".•Approx. boot shaft height: 15 1/2".•Shearling and leather upper/microfiber lining/rubber sole.•By La Canadienne; made in Canada.

i love the camel colour.. but got black instead b/c i wear a lot of black/grey/purples and cold colours in winter.

OMG - i love my boots!!

i've been wearing them with wee summer cotton socks and my feet are warm, dry & very happy - and the rest of me remains warm and toasty too!

Example: the other day we had -18C temperature and above-ankle-high snow accumulation. i walked 20minutes to work, uphill and through a very slushy park - and i was Ms. Invincible with my fabulous boots!!! Normally at this time of year i stop walking to & from work b/c i get too cold.. i have never ever remained so warm and dry in such conditions...until now baby! Looks like i can continue my walks for another couple of months!

i've become a right pest yammering on to my friends, family and co-workers about my boots.. but gosh almighty - they are the BEST investment in winter wear that i've ever made. i think one can buy a low-medium quality winter coat -- but with these boots, you'll remain warm no matter what!!!

They're more than worth the $300CAD that i paid... the construction & quality is so good, i'm looking forward to years of warmth and invincible-ness in winter!

backstage pass

gruvee you are doing a great job selling me on those boots. now I've decided that I just have to try them on. Are you in Toronto? Where did you buy them? I think you mentioned something about "Suzanne's Shoes". If that's where you got them, where are they located?

28-11-2005
backstage pass

Yup i live in Toronto. As you know, last week we had a couple of doozi days... my budds tease me b/c i'm infamous for bundling up - but i don't have to bundle up as much now.. b/c these La Canadienne boots have left my regular good winter boots in the dust! i've been soooo waaaaarm in my La Canadiennes! If you do get them, i'm sure you'll enjoy them. i love the Camel Colour - but got the black for practicality sake. The 'Alice' looks a bit like the new Uggs, but will be guaranteed waterproof/weatherproof b/c of the leather shoe part.

i did get them at Suzanne Shoe Salon (i hadn't bought anything there before). i called around several stores to find the best price & specific model. Sloan's (Yonge N. of Lawrence) staff were just as friendly as Suzanne's, but i chose Suzanne b/c i live nearby. Brown's Shoes also sells these boots at the Eaton Centre, and Feet First at Bayview, but when i called them - they were unhelpful & very lazy. i swear the guy at Brown's was on drugs - it was so bad! Other than that, all of the stores sell at the same price.

So: Suzanne Shoe Salon is a wee shoe salon, next to the Capitol Event Theatre, on Yonge N. of Eglinton (west side). They told me that if i'm not happy w/ the La Canadienne boots, i can return them with the receipt, within 1 year!!

Susanne Shoe Salon
416-489-3290
2506 Yonge Street,
Toronto

Last edited by gruveechik; 28-11-2005 at 09:39 AM.
28-11-2005
backstage pass

Thanks so much for the info

29-11-2005
front row

I just bought these Aerosoles:

and Borns:

both from zappos.com.

Not sure which pair I'll keep or maybe both..

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
boots, uggs, warm, winter