How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-11-2005
backstage pass

hmmm...
i'm assuming, because the thread is about finding a replacement for uggs, that we are thinking about casual, comfortable boots...

i decided to try the ultimate comfort shoe shop (easyspirit.com) and found these...
am i strange to like these?
i'm a bit undecided...
but i think because they are benign, they are pretty harmless...
they do not make much of a statement but they look well-cut...
and the colors are nice and muted...
and VERY inexpensive...
they seem like something you could walk the dog in... or grab a cup of coffee...

oakridge.jpg ontrend.jpg

29-11-2005
elementary.

i was so tempted to order those united PUFFA boots tht soft posted the other day
but the heel ? . . throws it off for me . . .
don't want heels when my toes are freezing off !

calexico yr not alone !
i think those are cute . . .
this thread is not abt being super fashionable . .
it's abt being warm damnit !

Last edited by i_<3_chanel; 29-11-2005 at 02:32 PM.
29-11-2005
windowshopping

n.d.c.
Quote:
Originally Posted by allegra
There has to be something really warm that looks good.....
Check n.d.c. style PAM, there is a version with fur, quite understated, yet classy...

www.ndcmadebyhand.com or go to the ndc thread as there are a few nice images of them!!

front row

I cannot decide whether or not I like these boots... because I tend to look a little Jewish American Princess-ish in the winter (uggs sweatpants or jeans tucked in etc) but would these look nice at all? Better than uggs? Im not sureeeee (haha this is frustrating me)

or these?

or these?

classic short grey uggs (saw a girl with them and they are a really unique colour of grey)

29-11-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_<3_chanel
i was so tempted to order those united PUFFA boots tht soft posted the other day
but the heel ? . . throws it off for me . . .
don't want heels when my toes are freezing off !

calexico yr not alone !
i think those are cute . . .
this thread is not abt being super fashionable . .
it's abt being warm damnit !

i agree!
those puffy jcrews that softgrey posted got me considering getting a pair...
but upon closer inspection, the heel weirded me off a bit...

i'm glad you like those super duper practical easy spirits...
they look wonderfully comfy...
if only we'd get some real WEATHER around here...
all this sun is actually getting a bit old, my dear...

29-11-2005
backstage pass

gruvee I saw those boots in person today (The Alice)
it is $260 at Town shoes now (I guess it goes down with time). They are very cute but I am giving myself some time to mull it over (as you know right now it's all rain and warm so, I can afford a lil time). I am kinda hoping they might go down in price after xmas?? But that's one month away......

PS I don't like how the camel boot is two-tone (the leg is spotty or faded something, while the foot is a pure shade of camel). If I will get them I'll get the same pair as you (black)

calexico those boots are kinda cute - I like the darker ones. PS you said cheap - how cheap?

It's not like you can ever have too many boots

Jade I don't really like those boots, esp the top ones

Last edited by Yasmin; 29-11-2005 at 10:40 PM.
30-11-2005
windowshopping

I was trying these on on the weekend ... they seem very warm and comfortable, and they are guaranteed Waterproof for one year. They are made by Santana Canada, and you can get them at Brown's (Eaton Centre & Queen West stores). I'm just hesitant about the style, what do you think? They also come in black and red, I'm leaning towards the brown though. They look fairly cute with my jeans tucked in, but there was something that just didn't sell me on it:

photo courtesy Santana Canada

30-11-2005
backstage pass

^ The first thing I thought of was Santa's elves, but in a cute way (it could have been glancing at the word "Santana" in part though.)

30-11-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasmin
calexico those boots are kinda cute - I like the darker ones. PS you said cheap - how cheap?
i think they are somewhere along the lines of $60...
www.easyspirit.com

30-11-2005
windowshopping

Strut, those boots are so cute! Where did you get them?

01-12-2005
backstage pass

and Borns:

both from zappos.com.

Not sure which pair I'll keep or maybe both.. [/quote]

I got these last year in brown. They are quite nice and toasty. I usually tuck my jeans in nonchalantly for a super cool look. I don`t know if the color will be good though through the slush...My brown ones look quite decent after last year`s snow....

01-12-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasmin
^ The first thing I thought of was Santa's elves, but in a cute way (it could have been glancing at the word "Santana" in part though.)
ahahah you should see the red ones then, you'll really be thinking of Santa!

03-12-2005
trendsetter

hey, i just bought the 'santa's elves' shoes'! lol. it got them about a week and half ago. i got the brown one's too..i like them they seem to be a nice alternative to uggs but still have the fur lining inside. have you sprayed them with anything extra? i have - i don't always trust that waterproof stuff and it's real suede so salt that be really damaging.

03-12-2005
backstage pass

What spray do you use, ms prissy? Or anyone? how do you take care of your leather and suede?

04-12-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_prissy
hey, i just bought the 'santa's elves' shoes'! lol. it got them about a week and half ago. i got the brown one's too..i like them they seem to be a nice alternative to uggs but still have the fur lining inside. have you sprayed them with anything extra? i have - i don't always trust that waterproof stuff and it's real suede so salt that be really damaging.
I haven't bought them yet, I'm still not sure what I'm doing. I do have to figure this out this week, before we get hit with more snow and all the other lovely things that come with Canadian winters.

The boots are Scotchguarded, right? I believe if you spray them with anything it voids the 1-year Waterproof guarantee ... but I could be wrong. Better to be warm and dry without a warranty than cold and wet with a warranty anyways!

For suede I use a general protectant spray from Danier Leather. Anything silicone free is safe for use on both leather and suede. You have to be careful of the sprays sold in shoe stores, I know there are a few stores around here still selling sprays containing silicone. Silicone acts as a barrier rather than a protector, so the skin/hide can't breathe, and thus will lose it's finish and often lose color as well.

Oh and to clean suede, you need a suede brush. There will be one side of the brush for cleaning the suede, and another for combing it back to normal. It sounds kinda ludicrous, but these things really do work. Even if you have salt embeded in the suede, the brush will work it out and your suede will look much better.

On my leather boots and coats though I use a cream/lotion rather than a spray, it moisturizes the skin (just like lotion we use on our own skin) and acts as a protective barrier. Lotions are available from most fine leather retailers, and they will have 'safe spray' as well. The only time I recommend using a spray on leather is if you have used leather polish and need to reseal the finish (this way the color won't come off when you clean the leather).

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
boots, uggs, warm, winter