How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-12-2005
trendsetter

I'm not sure about the warrantee being voided if you spray it. I must say though...i'm no good with warrantees in general - too confusing. Oh yeah and by the way if you or anyone else is planning on getting these make sure you hop over to the the Bay they're having a 30% sale on these shoes. I believe Town Shoes has them for $175 while at the Bay I paid about $115 (I think that was including tax..it's been a while). They might be sold out but definitely worth the savings to check it out!

Oh yeah, and about the sprays, keta, you're spot on - silicone sprays are not the most effective - the spray i used was silicone free .

04-12-2005
backstage pass

[quote=punkie]and Borns:

very cute!

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasmin
gruvee I saw those boots in person today (The Alice)
....I don't like how the camel boot is two-tone (the leg is spotty or faded something, while the foot is a pure shade of camel). If I will get them I'll get the same pair as you (black)
hiya

that's odd.... when i saw the camel at Suzanne, it wasn't spotty/faded. dunno what's up with that.

i tested the difference on a milder day with my regular boots (on those previous warmer days) and i definitely felt colder on a milder day with my regular boots vs. feeling warmer on a cold day with my La Canadienne.

It's kinda weird b/c i don't FEEL the cold like i normally do.... a -12C doesn't feel like what i know -12C to be... so i have to readjust - in a good way. :p

Whatever boots you decide to get, have fun! There are some nice ones in this thread as well. *sigh* wish i was loaded so i could get several kinds... since i'm not, i remain thrilled with my 'Alice'.

be

Quote:
Originally Posted by //LATTE//
can anyone tell what boots these are?

has anyone figured out what boots they are? I really want them!

04-12-2005
backstage pass

pic from goodgoth.com
I wear these!! Haha. They have a 3.5" heel (I'm 5"1 so I like heels).. I live in upstate and even though they're not really padded or anything (they're a little padded) they keep my feet really warm because they're extremely waterproof and I can stomp throw snow that's almost up to my knees without really gettting cold or wet.

Most people find them too "extreme" to really wear though... But I love them!

My fave models: Gemma, Sasha, Stammy, Trentini, Vlada <3
04-12-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by empress
has anyone figured out what boots they are? I really want them!
they're by Love from Austraila
you can buy them here, but the black ones are sold out
http://cocoribbon.com/Accessories-Shoes/Ugg-Boots.aspx

05-12-2005
windowshopping

Old school Sorels that Ashlee Simpson wears can be bought at Mark's Work Wearhouse for cheaper than Also is selling them for. They're apparently the new fashionable winter boot
http://www.marks.com/ctwnew/mwwhweb.nsf

05-12-2005
backstage pass

^ doesn't look half-bad.

once i got a pair of Sorel's one year and it immediately leaked AND my feet ended up being cold and wet the whole time. never bought Sorel again.
maybe i got a bad boot that time.

backstage pass

keta, thanks for the info

cardboardboxed, I have a secret fetish for buckled knee boots but my coworkers just wouldn't understand I prefer a chunky heel though over a platform. Not like there is a wide selection of buckled knee boots out there... (I've actually never seen a pair without a platform, they could have a combination chunky heel+platform but the toes are always "elevated" it seems...)

gruvee, maybe the one I was looking at was flawed in some way. But then, it makes me think that maybe the boots are prone to losing their color, at least the camel ones? I guess with the black there must be a way to darken them again, isn't there? Can you put shoe polish on black suede?

Last edited by Yasmin; 05-12-2005 at 02:36 PM.
05-12-2005
bonjour antlers

There are some things in my wardrobe I will not give up, no matter how many people trash it.

Uggs. Are. Snug.

I don't wear them out to 5-star restaurants, but when I'm not feeling well and my face is puffy, who'm I gonna grab? Uggies. They cheer me up. It must be the soft, squashy feeling I get when I slip my toesies in them. (I say squashy and not squishy because I looked it up and it means soft and wet, which Uggs are like, definitely not.)

So yeah. Go Uggers.

05-12-2005
windowshopping

I know... I bought a pair of pink knock-off UGGs from Delias (ironically... maybe I'll buy their t-shirt to match...) a LOOOONG time ago. They are so comfortable! How can something that's so wrong feel so right?

I agree that the new, narrower cut, lace-up and zip-up UGGs are do-able for this year, but I'm leery.

These have a lot of the benefits of UGGs but don't quite scream "fashion victim" in the same way. They come in 6 colors and only cost $39.50! From llbean.com

I actually really like some of llbean.com's winter boots. Very old school preppy. These claim to be good in up to -20 degree weather! I think they're actually supercute tied down.

I live in VA, so we get plenty pf slush, but nothing too cold. I'm thinking of getting these and maybe even wearing them with skirts and tights.

I like the j-crew version, too.

06-12-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasmin
gruvee, maybe the one I was looking at was flawed in some way. But then, it makes me think that maybe the boots are prone to losing their color, at least the camel ones? I guess with the black there must be a way to darken them again, isn't there? Can you put shoe polish on black suede?
allo.... maybe yeah those particular camels were flawed.
i've been seriously kicking around with my blacks, even in the salt and mud etc and it's still good (as it should be) - the salt's not setting in at all.

eventually i'd like to oil the shoe portion to protect the leather.

i'd assume that one can put shoe polish on... somehow? erm... i'd ask a cobbler first though.

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by //LATTE//
can anyone tell what boots these are?

Cute! I want them

Last edited by vintage_princess; 07-12-2005 at 10:05 PM.
08-12-2005
rising star

I would have to say Uggs because there so warm and comfy!!!

08-12-2005
rising star

Military boots are hot. I know it sounds lame on men but I tuck my pants into my slouchy military boots.

and I love equestrian boots on women. something in the vein of

top is gucci, bottom is costume national

or you can go cowgirl style. These are from Frye:

Last edited by djflame; 08-12-2005 at 04:58 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
boots, uggs, warm, winter