How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-09-2004
windowshopping

flat over knee boots
Saw these on electriqueboutique.com.
Honestly, I find shoes there very nasty but I'm thinking about these flat over the knee boots since I can't seem to find them anywhere else
So what do you think of these as winter walking boots?
(Has anyone shopped there?)

17-09-2004
windowshopping

"Black Leather Renaissance Boot - Soft genuine leather thigh high boot with concho trim at the ankle. Laces behind the knee can be removed if you want to fold the boot down and wear as a knee-high. "
$24.99

17-09-2004
windowshopping

"Over Knee Leather Boot - Soft black genuine leather renaissance style boot that hits either just above or below the knee depending on whether you wish to fold down the top. "
$19.99

17-09-2004
windowshopping

I wonder what kind of quality they could provide for around $20

How come there's so few flat thigh high boots to choose from!?

17-09-2004
fashion icon

Horror!

trendsetter

Sorry, I'm not feeling them at all.

For that price i can't imagine them being the most fabulous of quality either.

But, if you really like these boots then buy them because they are cheap and if its what you are looking for and you can't find them elsewhere i suppose its not a bad deal.

Also you may be over them in a month or so, so if you are you won't have wasted a ton of money on them for nothing

V.I.P.

I don't know.. weird.

I loved you

i haven't learned to like them... the heels seem rather low for my boot standard

17-09-2004
flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally posted by Gardenia@Sep 17 2004, 03:48 AM
"Over Knee Leather Boot - Soft black genuine leather renaissance style boot that hits either just above or below the knee depending on whether you wish to fold down the top. "
$19.99

[snapback]369941[/snapback]
i think these are fine for what they are...
they can be that cheap because everything else is NOT leather...the interior lining, the sole, the heel...etc...and they are probably mass produced in china somewhere...

21-09-2004
windowshopping

forget about those

I got a very decent pair over the weekend, by JB Martin, exactly what I'm looking: leather (black), over the knee, flat and extremely comfy
the price is quite nice too at $300.

21-09-2004
stories everywhere

I LOOOOVE over the knee flat boots!

So much fun! Look on eBay hunney... lots and lots on there under vintage... they were very popular in the late 70's early 80's I believe. There was a gorgeous pair with lacing in the back on there awhile back that I really wanted... but I had to pay tuition. so no flat boots for me for awhile.

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally posted by oceanharlot@Sep 20 2004, 11:56 PM

So much fun! Look on eBay hunney... lots and lots on there under vintage... they were very popular in the late 70's early 80's I believe. There was a gorgeous pair with lacing in the back on there awhile back that I really wanted... but I had to pay tuition. so no flat boots for me for awhile.
[snapback]371160[/snapback]

oh thanks, I guess I'll take a look at ebay

well, actually I wear heels mostly, my sandals, pumps, boots....etc are almost all high heels.
but I really need something very comfy while walking around on campus plus something over the knee to keep my knees nice and warm during winter.
over-the-knee flat boots are just so chic and pretty, also warm and comfy (espeically when compared with those comfy but ugly chunky heeled ones or UGGs).

21-09-2004
What fresh hell is this.?

Quote:
Originally posted by oceanharlot@Sep 21 2004, 12:56 AM

[snapback]371160[/snapback]
Me too!

Quote:
I got a very decent pair over the weekend, by JB Martin, exactly what I'm looking: leather (black), over the knee, flat and extremely comfy
Coul you show us?

rising star

A friend of mine bought what she thought was a bargain at one of America's stores known as Target (Im a UK dweller so I dont know much about that place). The boots themselves looked very nice, and were about $24 IIRC.

From the picture I saw of them, I commented on the fact the the heel (looking from the side) was very thin, I wasnt sure if it was strong enough (ive seen women snapping heels whilst walking and it must be very embarrassing for them). Sure enough, 6 days later, the snapped whilst she was at work

I think they look great, even better on her ; what say you lot?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Merona_Erica_boots.jpg (27.3 KB, 9 views)

Fear the water...
21-09-2004
rising star

Quote:
Originally posted by balacau@Sep 21 2004, 12:11 PM
A friend of mine bought what she thought was a bargain at one of America's stores known as Target (Im a UK dweller so I dont know much about that place). The boots themselves looked very nice, and were about $24 IIRC.

From the picture I saw of them, I commented on the fact the the heel (looking from the side) was very thin, I wasnt sure if it was strong enough (ive seen women snapping heels whilst walking and it must be very embarrassing for them). Sure enough, 6 days later, the snapped whilst she was at work

I think they look great, even better on her ; what say you lot?
[snapback]371526[/snapback]
Oops, forgot to say that they were not real leather, some kind of man-made synthetic material and quite stretchy too.

Fear the water...
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
boots, uggs, warm, winter