How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-04-2005
windowshopping

Where do you shop online?
Aside from:

ebay
Net-a-porter
yoox
bluefly
Saks
Neiman Marcus

where do you guys find designer shoes (of the Manolo, Choo, Louboutin variety) online? I saw some old posts here for www.designershoesale.com, but apparently they are no longer in business.

I've been looking for a couple of hard-to-find styles, and I'd like to see if there are any other online shopping options out there.

Thanks!

30-04-2005
backstage pass

I buy my Choos and Louboutins from Net a porter, but agree selection is limited. I am just outside London so am lucky enough to have Harrods and Harvey nics close by so can always pop in and see them all, its always much nicer to touch them!!! than click on a button. Hopefully somebody will come along and give you some good advise soon, what fab shoes are you looking for

30-04-2005
windowshopping

Thanks, Chloe-Babe! I envy the fact that you live close to London. What a magnificent city, and not just for shopping! I love my city, but if I could ever figure out a way to make a living in London (I'm a lawyer licensed in a U.S. jurisdiction), I'd move there in a heartbeat! Oh, and don't even get me started on Harvey Nick's chocolate truffles...

The only place in San Antonio to find designer shoes (unless our Brian knows of other places?) is Saks, and their selection is...um...limited. They tend to stock the most conservative styles.

I'm also trying to find a couple of non-current styles. Have you ever heard of the Jimmy Choo Pickle wedge (I think that's what it's called)? I think I saw it on Yoox in black about 4 days ago, and then it was gone. Unbelievably gorgeous shoe!

30-04-2005
Adorable illusion

I find that shopping online for designer shoes is limited because most palces dont ship to London. boo hoo

30-04-2005
backstage pass

oooh I love the pickle. It was a wooden wedge style heel with the butterfly effect on the side. Quite a few pairs come up on ebay, its well worth looking out for them!

and I completely agree about the food in Harvey nics........ yummy

30-04-2005
windowshopping

Chloe-Babe --

So the butterfly effect on the Pickle is on the side of the wedge? The shoe I saw had leather straps over the toe in a sort of swirly butterfly design, and then the same butterfly design inlaid into the back of the wedge, across the heel. Is that the Pickle? I hope so...I'd love to snatch up a pair if I ever run across them again.
There was also a Louboutin wedge, probably from a fall or winter season, that was simply mouthwatering. It was black velvet, with pale pink and green embroidery and beading on the velvet wedge heel, and long black velvet ankle ties. I have absolutely no idea which style they were, but I want them!

30-04-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage_princess
I find that shopping online for designer shoes is limited because most palces dont ship to London. boo hoo
Oh, but you can just go down to the shops and get them in person! That's the lovely thing about living in a large, world-class city. I would have to drive to Houston (3 hours) or Dallas (4.5 hours) to get anything even approaching a decent designer selection. Not that I don't love San Antonio. I really do -- it has a ton of laid-back charm, gorgeous weather (when it's not blazing hot) and wonderful people. It's just that S.A. isn't exactly the shopping, cultural (not counting the historical stuff) or social capital of the world.

You know, living in London, you could just take the Eurostar to Paris or hop a cheap Ryanair or Easyjet flight to Rome or Milan for a weekend shopping trip, or even just sit on a piazza with a glass of chianti and watch in awe as Italian women saunter confidently by across cobblestones in 5-inch stilletos. (How do they do that?!?). That is just too cool.

Oh yes...I am VERY jealous!!! Like I said above, if there was any way for me to manage it financially, I would move to London tomorrow!

30-04-2005
backstage pass

^Annabelle, at least you don't have to go 8 hours (Denver), 10 hours (Las Vegas), or 12 hours (Dallas), like I have to!
One site that SOMETIMES has designer stuff is couture.zappos.com - Casadei, Donna Karan, but not the Big Names (Choo + Blahnik)

ETA: also jildorshoes.com

Last edited by Deleted 2; 30-04-2005 at 02:47 PM.
30-04-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery
^Annabelle, at least you don't have to go 8 hours (Denver), 10 hours (Las Vegas), or 12 hours (Dallas), like I have to!
Ouch!!! You live in a nice area, though. Northern New Mexico, right? (I'm just judging by the drive times)

Thanks for the tip, Emery!

30-04-2005
backstage pass

^You got that right, Annabelle - everything about New Mexico is great except the shopping! (Well, just about everything, anyway!)

30-04-2005
rising star

www.zappos.com
www.nordstroms.com

I usually like to try them on at a brick and mortar store, first.

and for higher end shoes, I go to http://shoeblogs.com/ for ideas.

01-05-2005
V.I.P.

try www.footcandyshoes.com

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
01-05-2005
Of too many minds

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage_princess
It gets worse for me! I have to pay exhorbitant shipping rates when I am back in Singapore!

At least you have wonderful brick-and-mortar stores in London!

The selection in Singapore ain't so bad, but I save all my money to splurge when I go back to CA instead.

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}
01-05-2005
blue

ive never bought anything from there but what about jildor shoes?
http://www.jildorshoes.com/

Adorable illusion

Im glad we have selfridges, harvey nics and harrods over here..but its a pain trying to drive down to central london and parking fees are such a rip off in west london. (sorry for the rant) But yes, its good I can try on the shoes to make sure they fit before I shell out a few hundred s.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
online, shop