How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-03-2004
Proponent of Plaid

They probably have a little silicone strip around the top. Holdup stockings have that. Godawfully uncomfortable, and if you miss a patch of leg hair when you are shaving, it will do an ad-hoc wax job for you. Eeeyowie! Then again, anyone wearing PVC boots isn't going in for comfort.

I knew a girl in the SciFi club I used to run with who had a great pair of thigh-high pirate boots with the deeply cuffed top. They were so cute and looked awesome on her. She's just a petite little thing with clouds of brown curls, and they just worked really well on her. They were a nice, soft, good quality suede. I think they may have been custom made. They had a flat rubber sole with 1/2" heels.

29-03-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by softgrey+Mar 29th, 2004 - 8:43 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(softgrey @ Mar 29th, 2004 - 8:43 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-balacau@Mar 29th, 2004 - 2:41 pm
A friend of mine wore a pair of these at a scifi convention I went to last year in the States. Unfortunately I dont have any pics of her lol, shes somewhat camera shy, but they really do look awesome, with a 1" platform and over 5" of heel. Very dominant looking I might add!!

How they stay up completely eludes me, but they did.
sweetie...i don't think that fallls under the heading of fashion...i think that's more costume/fetish...if you know what i mean... [/b][/quote]
^softgrey is right
thats not considered fashion anymore.
its another category which im sure a lot of TFSers have a difficult time to relate to.

personally, i dont find these attractive. the only times ive seen these worn were by the drag queens in "bains douches", "palace" (in the oldern days), and "le queen". in paris
so not my cuppa tea

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
30-03-2004
rising star

Well I dont think those type of boots would be for walking around in public most of the time LoL.

Another friend in Texas bought a pair of over-knee boots from Victoria's Secret on some sort of special deal. Shes small built though, I think just under 5'1, so they look like thigh boots on her. 3" heel and a sort of suade material. I've seen a few pics but dont have permission to post, they really do look fantastic on her, and she isnt shy about wearing them in public (or work) either.

Fear the water...
13-12-2004
windowshopping

Some guys don't like thigh boots because prostitutes or hookers wear them but because they are sexy. No one who wants a long term relationship is interested in prostitutes or hookers in the slightest but wearing thigh boots doesn't make you a prostitute or hooker. I myself love the look, feel, and smell of boots rather they be knee high or thigh high. A woman I care a lot about is strong and sexy in a pair of thigh boots but I never thought of her as a prostitute or hooker. In my eyes she was a godess who could do what she wanted with me within reason as long as I was taken care of. She was a beautiful, intelligent, sexy, and sensitive woman. I guess wearing a doctor's coat or a airline pilot's uniform makes someone a doctor or a pilot.

13-12-2004
rising star

Well this is a suprise, my first thread and its still here!
I re-read through all of the posts and its all very interesting stuff. And I dont only cringe at women running up and down flights of stairs either, but has anyone tried walking on blue ice with stilletos? I've seen it being tried..........with very predictable results.

Unfortunately I have lost touch with my friend in the States who wore those platform thigh boots so I cannt get her permission to post a picture

till a very interesting thread.

Thanks!

14-12-2004
stories everywhere

I wear boots in winter only... This season I bought 2 pairs of round toed, slightly chunky heeled boots. They are sort of Betty Boop like. so much fun!

I think boots are both fashion and necessity, I guess you could wear sneakers, but you'd risk getting wet by your feet. Stiletto heels are fashion, only...

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonpinkstains
I am pretty sure that the only women who wear thigh high boots are prostetutes and hookers!
you are pretty wrong about that. been watching "Pretty Woman" lately?

14-12-2004
rising star

I personally believe this "hooker boot" association with thigh highs started because of the Pretty Woman movie.......

Well thats my theory anyway.

I wonder what happened to those boots after the movie

14-12-2004
windowshopping

I guess Kelly Ripa and Katie Couric are prostitutes and hookers too. Although they were not to crazy about the boots they did wear them on their respective shows. I thought they looked great!

14-12-2004
backstage pass

i love wearing boots and i'm no hussy! When i was younger and could wear really short skirts, i'd wear boots over the knee.

Why i wear boots: style and practicality.

i cannot cannot wear heels/pretty shoes/sandals b/c of back problems and the fact that i have to wear insoles. That leaves very little choice in my wardrobe for feminine/sexy outfits.

When i wear tall boots (now just below the knee/at the knee) with a short skirt or with a long skirt, i feel classy, sexy and feminine. Different boots and skirts give me different looks. It also goes perfectly with my own style.

If i could wear boots in summer, i totally would.
i live in Canada so 7-8months it's good weather for boots.

14-12-2004
V.I.P.

Those Marni thigh highs are nice! I think boots keep your legs warm with skirts and just look good generally in winter. I find them easier to wear when its wet or windy outside, I feel more protected against the elements.

14-12-2004
windowshopping

Nothing wrong with thigh high boots
I see nothing wrong with wearing thigh high boots and not looking like a hooker or a prostitute. There are many sharp looking boots out there to wear with either a short skirt or under a long skirt. The anchors are wearing as well like Katie Couric and Campbelll brown.

14-12-2004
crossed wires.

Being tall, I generally wear 'flats' or a kinda flat moulded heel, i'm a fan of suede boots at the moment, 'scrunchy' or zip up, mine only go as far up as jus under the knee tho

14-12-2004
crossed wires.

...and as soon as i think thigh-highs i do think pretty woman! that film has tainted all our minds! ha

14-12-2004
tea time

boots are comfy and keep ur feet warm love them!

i no some guys who wear boots well cowboyboots. dont see why blokes dont!

http://cedricandfanny.blogspot.com/
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
boots, female, perspective, wear, women