How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-01-2008
teenage dream.

No prob!
Check thearabparrot. He seems to be their token photographer out of all of them. Also, he's looks like he really misses the 90's lol.

From Amanda's myspace
Santo Gold, The Arab Parrot, and Ms. Blank herself

21-01-2008
teenage dream.

Designer Brian Lichtenberg is trying to rembrace 90's style. And if I'm not mistaken, he's designed a lot of clothes for M.I.A.'s tour.
Also, American Apparel is popular, in my opinion, not only because they sell basics, but because it is very "90's." The colors, the cuts, the fits. So 90's to me.

Others?

fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesypersound View Post
how about the Smashing Pumpkins to be included on that pretty good list of alternative 90s music...?

and i wouldn't slight contemporary music. Top 40 in any decade sucks for the most part......and a lot of those bands listed especially "grunge"/alternative are rooted in Classic Rock and Heavy Metal of the 1970s and Shoegazer, Indie, and "Post-punk" of the 1980s.
...nothing is original.

about 1990s style?
i'm remembering now--because of the bodysuit talk a few posts earlier...I wasn't a fan of the club wear (dee-lite, rupaul...) but it'd be fun to see some of that stuff around...very kitsch 1960s gogo--the party flipside of a more straightforward 1960s revival that i really wouldn't mind coming back again...and it sort of did musically w/ The Strokes, White Stripes, Hives in 2001 (but the 1990s music equivalent was Britpop--Oasis, Blur, Pulp, Elastica,... and some Indie/Alternative like Stereolab).
One thing is being rooted, everything is rooted on something, another thing is a faithful copy of what is done in the past, I love all those bands that you mentioned, enough to have the cds myself. Do I think they are original? No way. They follow a formula of the past, a nice formula, but still a formula.

The early 90's in my opinion, were the last original era in everything, I'm not saying that makes them better, I prefer our 60's and 70's copies, than anything I wore on those times, but creativity is long lost.

21-01-2008
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les_Sucettes View Post
The early 90's in my opinion, were the last original era in everything, I'm not saying that makes them better, I prefer our 60's and 70's copies, than anything I wore on those times, but creativity is long lost.
i totally understand what you're saying. It seems like mid-90s to late 90s was not about moving forward but going back and that has led to what fashion is now..that cycle. But looking at the mens' shows, it seems like that's coming back. Not all shows but some are (trying to move forward).

21-01-2008
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahlilg View Post
Designer Brian Lichtenberg is trying to rembrace 90's style. And if I'm not mistaken, he's designed a lot of clothes for M.I.A.'s tour.
Also, American Apparel is popular, in my opinion, not only because they sell basics, but because it is very "90's." The colors, the cuts, the fits. So 90's to me.

Others?
thanx for the information!!!!

Last edited by ChrissyM; 24-01-2008 at 07:03 PM. Reason: please do not quote photos
21-01-2008
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahlilg View Post
No prob!
Check thearabparrot. He seems to be their token photographer out of all of them. Also, he's looks like he really misses the 90's lol.

From Amanda's myspace
Santo Gold, The Arab Parrot, and Ms. Blank herself
thanx again!!!! mad props to yooz

Last edited by ChrissyM; 24-01-2008 at 07:01 PM. Reason: please do not quote photos
21-01-2008
rising star

I just bought a new body suit for $10! I dont think that I would fit in any of the ones I used to have so I just went out and bought a new one. Its just a plain black, Im taking baby steps embracing this comeback...

01-02-2008
fashion insider

How can we update wearing the bodysuit? What would you combine it with?

TWITTER:
02-02-2008
fashion icon

is there a good place to buy rock shirts besides ebay?

front row

90's comeback...hmm, let's see:

-poet shirts
-colored jeans
-jean skirts
-bodysuits
-stirrup pants
-long blazers

I'm already seeing some of these things coming back...

10-02-2008
tfs star

and how about the "lovely" denim overalls? i wonder if those will come back as they were then..

12-02-2008
scenester

i love the early 90s.....the neon, the slim fit figure hugging dresses, harsh black&white....it's interesting to see how people are updating it and making it fresh.

though i whole-heartedly do NOT support neon nylon grandma tracksuits, worn with neon sports caps. people see those looks and think THAT's what the early 90s was about, and therefore fear it's comeback.

"irony" is beginning to piss me off

10-03-2008
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-smiths View Post
I keep watching old episodes of AbFab and suddenly Edina's outfits are quite fresh.

hilarious! you made my day!

10-03-2008
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnuwave View Post
who doesn't love early 90s!

my love is the hip hop scene around that time. I wish I was teen in the early 90s. The hip hop look is what i love. Mix it with some bright colors, but do it tastefully and it looks gorgeous.

i found a crazy colored adidas jacket from the thrift store that fit perfectly and they go well with this Michael Jackson shirt that says, "i am bad" haha, with my acid skinnies, and old school nikes. Heavenly!!... i get compliments all the time. I may need to post a picture.
Hee! I'm with you. I was 12 in 1991 and was sooo the into the hip-hop of that time (and the alternative rock stuff, too but not as passionately). A Tribe Called Quest, Black Sheep, Del, KRS-1, Cypress Hill. And I adored Digable Planets. I wore the super baggy jeans and colorful stuff, the big hoop earrings. Girbauds anyone? To this day I still wear my Addidas shell-toes. Although I don't wear the ridiculously baggy pants anymore, I find myself wearing variations of that stuff. To some degree. I was just saying how much I miss the 90's

11-03-2008
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss6o View Post
and how about the "lovely" denim overalls? i wonder if those will come back as they were then..
We can only pray that this will not happen. Ever.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
90s, comeback