How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-06-2006
rising star

Someone mentioned waif-thin eyebrows. I'm sorry, but I've been seeing even THINNER eyebrows over the past 5 years than I did in the 90's. I've seen WAY too many times the rediculous style of women plucking out ALL their eyebrows and penciling them in (and they'll regret it once the style is over because their eyebrows won't grow back). It's as if looking like a drag queen has become something admirable or something. Female RuPauls!

I've seen the 90's version of punk coming back, 90's-style men's jeans (baggy but tapered at the bottom) coming back, 90's haircuts (women's inverted bobs, men's mushroom cuts, manic-panic colors on bleached hair), collarless shirts or shirts with minimal collars.

The gangster extra-baggy jeans that show off boxer shorts hasn't ever went away.

06-06-2006
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzume
Someone mentioned waif-thin eyebrows. I'm sorry, but I've been seeing even THINNER eyebrows over the past 5 years than I did in the 90's. I've seen WAY too many times the rediculous style of women plucking out ALL their eyebrows and penciling them in (and they'll regret it once the style is over because their eyebrows won't grow back). It's as if looking like a drag queen has become something admirable or something. Female RuPauls!

I've seen the 90's version of punk coming back, 90's-style men's jeans (baggy but tapered at the bottom) coming back, 90's haircuts (women's inverted bobs, men's mushroom cuts, manic-panic colors on bleached hair), collarless shirts or shirts with minimal collars.

The gangster extra-baggy jeans that show off boxer shorts hasn't ever went away.
I've been noticing more women with the bob, especially the inverted one lately.

06-06-2006
V.I.P.

Hahaha!! Oh no =/

06-06-2006
backstage pass

[quote=miss6o]does anyone remember the plaid jackets with fur collar? it was called the "twin peaks jacket". this pic is closest to the kind of jacket i am talking about but its too narrow:

^^^

This is definetively super-coming back, but in black+red or electrc blue+red...

I used to use my dads Twin Peaks jacket..it was way to big...Also that is kinda 90's...

06-06-2006
scenester

i definitely see the 90's making a comeback... in some of those previous pictures posted the 90's were in the clothing but sometimes very subtle.

06-06-2006
trendsetter

Mood rings , smiley face motif and those necklaces with a thin black string and a little silver charm , crop tops , those hats with a fold over brim , crushed velvet , long jackets/cardigans.

More Old Skool Than You

WOOT! Raver style! I remember those days... I was more punk raver than anything. That was late 90's, 96-00 or so.

tfs star

OK, I'll admit I've recently pulled out my small oblong Armani sunglasses from the '90s ...remember those? :p

They feel refreshing after the all the huge shades (though I like those too).

06-06-2006
V.I.P.

my goodness, whenever i refer to the "bad" 1990's, i always mention raver style, i was just a kid but i have a faint memory of seeing those clear plastic handbags that looked inflatable? wide jeans, and all complete with colourful dreaded hair..

"...buttoned up to the breast, and made with wings, welts, and pinions on the shoulder points, as mans apparel is for all the world...and though this be a kinde of attire appropriate onely to man, yet they blush not to wear it..."
06-06-2006
chaos reigns

Hum ... I recently wore some surfer jeans from the 90's ... people stared at me at the street and got totally mixed reviews!

fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourboltmain
WOOT! Raver style! I remember those days... I was more punk raver than anything. That was late 90's, 96-00 or so.
Me too!!

I was like some bizarre punk, goth, raver hybrid.

I listened to techno, goth, and punk (well actually I still do, excep the techno)

I'd have like a green mohawk, tattoos, piercings, wearing combat boots, vinyal pants, studded cuffs etc. But be like at a rave club.

Oh the days of being young and silly.

07-06-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss6o
http://www.tiffanithiessen.com/[/URL]
i never really was aware of her but i can't help it i like the eyelet bandeau/corset top thing with the heart AND the suspenders. i would change the jeans. ugh. AND i like the pink top/dress thingey. yup.

07-06-2006
V.I.P.

from a fashion point of view though..this is excellent..i'd really like people to get more comfortable with higher rises and looser clothing..

"...buttoned up to the breast, and made with wings, welts, and pinions on the shoulder points, as mans apparel is for all the world...and though this be a kinde of attire appropriate onely to man, yet they blush not to wear it..."
07-06-2006
tfs star

high rise light jeans, vests, tight shirts tucked in jeans, blazers, and oversized buttonshirts:

http://seriesonline.terra.com.br

body suit anyone?
www.wealthwood.com

little black dress and strappy sandals, also vest again:

http://www.screensaverjapan.com

07-06-2006
V.I.P.

i never ever would want to see fashion interpret the 90's literally though... everything was cut so awkwardly, with those two darts in the back and the front...and lots of seams..uh-uh

and the one thing i would not want to see with a high rise is a mini skirt, i think it does for some bad proportion play...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
90s, comeback