Is Athleisure Sticking Around? - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-03-2017
windowshopping

Is Athleisure Sticking Around?
This trend seems to have been absolutely everywhere for the last few seasons, but I think can't get on board with it! Does anyone else here like this trend? How do you balance it?

I'm writing a piece at Uni about it atm and as much as I try and fall for the relaxed vibe of it, I don;t think I can ever justify wearing sweatpants on a night out

14-03-2017
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethPemb View Post
This trend seems to have been absolutely everywhere for the last few seasons, but I think can't get on board with it! Does anyone else here like this trend? How do you balance it?

I'm writing a piece at Uni about it atm and as much as I try and fall for the relaxed vibe of it, I don;t think I can ever justify wearing sweatpants on a night out
This doesn't seem to be getting much traction - so I guess I've answered my own question! Haha. I personal like looks like this :

Source : BOY London

But I probably will keep it for my more laid back, dressed down days.

Last edited by tangerine; 14-03-2017 at 07:22 PM. Reason: do not put links in sources
16-03-2017
V.I.P.

I like it, 1) i can build up my sneaker collection and not only wear sneakers to the office. 2) it makes my wardrobe more versatile.

18-03-2017
backstage pass

I like it. It's very versatile, and if done correctly it's easy to build a chic, comfortable outfit up from your basic wardrobe. I'll ever approve of sweatpants as anything but 'home clothes', but I'd take the option of pulling on a plain t- shirt, a hoodie or some trainers over super skinny jeans and sheer blouses any day.

27-03-2017
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethPemb View Post

The athleisure trend will continue to grow and in a more diverse form due to rise in wearable tech. As you are willing to write for your university, a quick tips are connecting the wearables with athleisure.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
athleisure, sticking